Puzzle Combat forums? [Staff response post#10]

It’s the limited effect combined with being a 5* that makes him pretty useless imo… If he wants my ghillie suits, I want to be able to bring him on all of my war machine hits, but since he only boosts 2 strong color heroes (and himself), I doubt it’s worth it to spend all those mats and skill books on him.

2 Likes

Is there any information yet on the official release?

I think it’s already about a year since it has been released for a limited number of countries, and if it will take much longer it will get less interesting for me to even try out cause it will be much harder to catch up. And starting a game similar to E&P in the moment of release is the main thing that makes it appealing to me.

That they are circling HotMs already seems to indicate that, at least. Wouldn’t be the nicest thing to have 15 HotMs out already you never had the chance to get at all, also…

Don’t worry too much. I field a team of four three-stars and a four-star, and only one of my three-stars is maxed. Total TP < 2300. Last night, I hit my highest cup total in raiding - just filling my chest, not trying to hit a new personal best - and I was up to like 1700th in the world. There can’t be that many people playing for that to happen.

1 Like

Thanks for tell us about that changes. Have used Ryoko this days and the speed need is really annoying in heroes that you’re use to play with. Many times plan an attack having in mind she will end charged and find that there still last one tile for it. With throttler it has to be even worst.
Just got Throttler from single pull, lol

1 Like

oh hey, I didnt see the question at the end of your post. I made this chart when the game came out since I noticed how all the buildings in this game are almost the same as in E&P so I just copied the chart from this site Forge | Empires and Puzzles Wiki | Fandom and filled in the Puzzle Combat changes which include an extra item at level 9 and 20.

3 Likes

I’m on Android in the US and I see this is now available. Do we know when it will be available on iOS in the US?

Nope & Nope.

Thanks @Graknork; I’ve been working on some graphics for PC similar to the ones that mariamme did for EP. Will publish when they’re all done :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

So I just noticed another change that was not in the patch notes, Anastasia now also has cleanse! That is a huge improvement

2 Likes

I wonder why they don’t tell us about all changes :thinking:

57 speed is still 10 tile charging. I tested with Catalina and wp5 which gives 3 speed bonus.

you get 11% per tile that hits a hero. 99% charge total. :frowning:

1 Like

https://global.discourse-cdn.com/smallgiantgames/original/3X/8/a/8a4e48598078069d1f180ff70c19dda35bb4f567.png

“57 speed is still 10 tile charging”
@Graknork wrong data in chart ?

@KLinMayhem @yarr68
I disclaimed that the chart is based on if 50 speed = 10 tiles (and 5 ghost tiles) the remaining numbers are based off of percentage differences from 50=10tiles and have not done other testing.
So if anyone wants to do in game testing to confirm this that would be great.
Just like the E&P charts on speed dont seem to be fully tested out as I have seen at least two different ones that vary slightly.

Speed:
T = 1/((X/50)*0.1)
GT=T/2
The numbers I used to find tiles (T) needed to get full mana, put a value in for X and if you put in 50 then it equals 10. Ghost tiles needed (GT) is just T divided by 2.

see the chart with up to two decimal points, I just rounded up to nearest whole number because you cant have partial tiles. I added a column for E&P speeds to see what the numeric value of those speeds would be and it amounts to
v.slow - 36 or 37
slow - 42
average - 50
fast - 63
v.fast - 77

again please note that my speed numbers are based on speed 50 = 10 tiles and is derived from that (see above), it is not proven correct and additional testing would be appreciated…or SG can just come out and confirm the speeds for PC and E&P…please someone who has an ‘in’ with SG look into this if possible @Guvnor

Probably wont get any explanation from them lol.

I pulled a famke and tested 58 charge speed. 6 tiles got me to 67% charge, 3 more got her special charged.

Sorry unfortunately I don’t have that kinda pull :frowning:

Like in EP, all the Mana/Charge speed mechanics will probably have to be done from player testing… And unfortunately, unlike in EP, PC doesn’t seem to have vocal / public Beta Testers where they can test this stuff at no cost.

ChargeSpeed TilesToCharge %PerTile ExactTilesToCharge
36 12 8.33 12.0000
43 11 9.09 11.0011
50 10 10 10.0000
57 10 11 9.0909
64 9 12.25 8.1633

Charge speed 36, I was gaining 25% for each 3 tiles sent
Charge speed 43, I was at 91% after sending 10 tiles
Charge speed 50, it was 10% each tile
Charge speed 57, I was gaining 33% for each 3 tiles sent.
Charge speed 64, was at 98% after throwing 8 tiles.

That’s what I’ve recorded based on using heroes with those charge speeds and watching the %age. Not sure what the calculation is for the charge speeds in between though.

4 Likes
Speed PerTile TilesToCharge Charge%Each3Tiles
36 8.33 12 25%
50 10 10 30%
57 11 10 33%

those 3 charge speeds give exact percentages when it comes to 3 tiles thrown. Is that enough information to come up with a formula? :man_shrugging:

Perhaps it makes more sense to include the charge speeds that result in a tile decrease to charge…

Speed PerTile TilesToCharge Charge%Each3Tiles
36 8.334 12 25.00
43 9.09 11 27.27
50 10 10 30.00
58 11.111 9 33.333
1 Like

Based on that speed chart, I really wonder why they feel it’s necessary to have six “main speeds” but then they spread it out even more by adding a number to make some characters be “average speed -1 tile” and some “average speed +1 tile”. The whole point of even having a “block speed system” is that the system should be easy to understand and that everyone within the same block should have the exact same speed. If they really feel the need to make it more diverse, they should just ditch the whole block system and print out exactly how many tiles are needed to activate the abilities. This is just a needless complication to the whole system. Just bad game design.

Yeah, Jem wasn’t that good to begin with. I used her sometimes when there were zombies around, but other than that I just felt her ability activated too seldom and was too weak. But I still used her and considered levelling her. After this nerf she just got way too weak to even use. I have never used her after the nerf. So disappointed. I didn’t have many good heroes but she was okay…

I feel the grind is even higher in this game than in Empires & Puzzles. I struggle to get good things, even decent 3-stars elude me. I have finally gotten ONE good team now (and two 4-stars, even) but it took forever. And I could finally ditch the super fragile Catalina. She weighed me down heavily. But my roster in PC is way more shallow than in EP, and then one has to consider I have done way more epic training in PC than in EP. And I still get mostly bad heroes.

Speaking about heroes, I noticed that Rasha (bad hero but cool name) was now renamed to Suraya (what’s up with that? Was the name too good and had to be nerfed?) and “that blue 2-star medic whose name I have now forgotten” got renamed to Colbert, which just sounds silly and bad. Since I haven’t used him in ages I can’t remember his original name but it was an ordinary name so why even change it? Did someone actually complain about his name?

These small and seemingly pointless changes annoy me. Why do they even bother changing stuff like that?

Oh, and that forum for PC is much needed. They could at least fix a sub category in the EP forum for PC. Not just a few loose threads like now.

What is the Path of Valor about?

Essentially a loyalty program of sorts.

There are daily easy tasks and some harder longer running ones which have multiple levels to them

As you finish tasks & challenge you get points which count towards rewards

1 Like