Puzzle Combat forums? [Staff response post#10]

I think they changed Rasha because there’s also a Rashan, which makes things a bit confusing. As for Colbert… He used to be called Cooper and they added an event hero named Cooper as well, so I guess they didn’t want 2 Coopers :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Okay, I can understand the possible confusion between Rasha and Rashan but it’s like saying “no, we can’t call you Marc because I already know a Marcus”. Also, neither Rasha nor Rashan is new, so they could have just used more different names from the start. Also, why even introduce a new character with the same name as an old one and just go “Cooper is a better name for this guy, let’s rename the old guy because no one will care about 2-stars anyway”. Seriously. The new hero should have been named Colbert instead.

Yes, this is small things. Yet they still annoy me. This game company has some really strange ideas about how to do things (like nerfing already weak characters). I’m getting tired of their stupidity…

1 Like

Updated the hero graphics :slight_smile:

@Guvnor

3 Likes

Did I miss the event in May? I did the one in April (one stage of each tier, just to get the summon ticket) but I thought I might be able to compete in rare tier in May.

Doesn’t work, unfortunately. You have to recycle all of them at once, so you can’t hang onto the rare ones. You just get junk that’s pretty much on par with a monster chest.

Unfortunately, this game is not available in my country.

They used to be at the same time as the E&P events, but fortunately (for those who play both games) they changed the schedule in Puzzle Combat to be every 4th Thursday of each month now.

Challenge Events moved to every fourth Thursday of each month

2 Likes

Nothing in recent release notes about new events though, so I wonder if they’ll rerun Grand Heist…

2 Likes

Missed that. Thanks. So now it’s during Valhalla! :laughing:

1 Like

I dont think they want this game to cannibalize EP market

The raid trophy reset at end of Raid season is just another annoyance.

The raid kill quests and the loot is related to your raid tier.
It cause lot of bad raiding experience for new and older player after reset.
It take lot of time for the system to recover the proper trophy counts for top players as it’s a “trade of trophy” between players

I wonder what others player here think of that

Agree, I’ve been getting matched with much stronger TP teams since the reset as it appears stronger teams were reset back down to my level. I have a bunch of excess food now, so don’t mind rerolling or just revenging my watchtower. Hopefully it sorts itself out soon…

1 Like

I agree. A staggered reset might of been more fluid for most. So like Grandmaster/ master tier players get reset to 1700 or so plat to 1500 gold 1200 lower to 900.

Saying that I have seen both types of resets work in games previously, I just think the player base is mabye a little to small for PC to bounce back to a reasonable level across the board in a quick timeframe.

@DaveCozy Do you want to share your event scores for rare? :wink:

1 Like

Hey @Nymeria, sure will! Just landed 1st to get that Foxtrot avatar, couldn’t be happier to get that on my birthday :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Congratulations m8 and happy birthday

Ludfig ingame so finished #5 and happy with that.

Thanks for the scores.

2 Likes

@Petri

Players are quitting, I don’t see many new coming in. The global launch has been delayed, a lot.

Please share some info with the players and spenders. I myself don’t feel motivated no more to spend money on a sinking ship.

There have been 5 HotM’s and are now repeating, we are now back on the third one. There have been 3 challenge events with a reflect color (purple, yellow, red) however the purple one just repeated. So it is now obvious that there will be no new content for the next two months so the other two HotMs and yellow and red event repeat. So no new content until September? You gotta be joking.
We need some info @Petri
-This game was first released about a year ago with a slow rollout to select countries saying the global release will be soon…when is that going to be?
-Where is the official forum?
-Will there be a summer seasonal event?
-Player base is being ignored and gladly would have gave input.
Open up a beta so we know whats coming without sudden surprises like the recent huge hero rebalancing and ascension requirement changes.

3 Likes

I agree guys. Would be nice to get some communication about what to expect… Game has great potential imo but could really use more players and some kind of timeline for the existing players.

2 Likes

I was hoping to put out the latest Hero Ranks sheet right after the May event came out now that challenge events are the last week of the month, however I was disapointed that it was a repeat event. So with there only being 5 HotM’s and this being the third repeat, and 3 of 5 events released (purple, yellow, red) and now a repeat of the purple event, it is expected that June and July are going to be the the same and no new content will be released until September! Hopefully there is a summer seasonal event.

I added a letter equivilant value to the hero ratings @Guvnor
Looking at the numbers I noticed that all heroes tend to curve toward a 3.0 to 4.0 rating due to speed (lowest is 3.2 and highest is above 5). In order to get a value lower or higher, that particular hero needs to have high or low scores in all areas rated to be outside of that zone. This zone is averageland or a B rating. There tends to be a glut of heroes that fall in the 4.0 score. I decided that this specific value is important enough to deserve a rating of its own, hence the value of A-
This new rank of A- is closer to a B value than an A, which is why those heroes have the same color code, and I only reccomend giving unfarmable ascension materials to heroes with an A or A+ rating, which is 4.25/4.5/4.75 (A) or 5.0 (A+)

I noticed this grouping of values at 4.0 when looking at E&P hero ratings if giving a numeric value to the letter values used by @Anchor. I do not want to infringe on Anchors very good job of rating E&P heroes, so I will not give my personal ratings, but they are basically the same overall. Of course Anchor rates the heroes on about 20 different points and has many people playtest to come to those numbers. Additionally there are about 2 million E&P players and I would say less than 20k PC players, so less than 1% of the pool. The only difference is that there were many heroes that I thought deserved an A that were rated a B and vice versa. In his rate system I would assume there also is a grouping of heroes at a number between an A and B, so I suggest that Anchor adds a value of A- or B+ (whichever he wants to call it) to his system as I am sure there are a lot of heroes on the edge of A and B that deserve a more suitable value.

4 Likes

Meant to ask before, but in the second sheet what does the A stand for? I’m guessing O is Offense and D is Defense and WM and PVE are clear…