Possible bugg/error..? (abnormal defeat)

Thanks for correcting me on that, pandaboss!

2 Likes

Sorry, not sorry , you stepped up to the big leagues and went up against a 2 million dollar alliance . TLL are one of the fixtures of the top ten Global alliances. Take it for what it’s worth , a good lesson, you guys got smashed ! I know many of the members there and they are proper villains. Big difference from 86 to 8. Your 6 Bera tanks were like warm butter for their hot knife. “If you ain’t first , you’re last ! “ That’s trademarked , RB inc. !

5 Likes

Omg Grow Up. First of all you don’t have the BEST defenses. You guys had less than 10 Bera on the battlefield. TLL is one of the top 5 alliances period. Since your no longer spending a dime on this game, yet expect to play at the top level, may I Rocket League or Fortnight. Those are free games you can compete at the top level, For Free.

6 Likes

Yeah because SG will get right on that! lol

4 Likes

Just moving this out of the bugs category and into the gameplay category.

Thanks for those who have commented and remained within the #forum-rules.

5 Likes

You had a bad war. They were stronger than you. Or have better offense skills. It’s really that simple. Being #1 globally doesn’t mean anything unless you are #1 globally on a regular basis. Global scores include raids and Titan kills, like if you kill or fast or slow.

5 Likes

The explanation is you got smashed .

4 Likes

As per RickyBobby:

Your opponent:

“I Wake Up In The Morning And I P**S Excellence.”

You:

“Yup, Flying Through The Air. This Is Not Good.”

2 Likes

Happy New Week everyone :slightly_smiling_face:
most has been said, but Nino - I also believe for such a mismatch you did offensively really great. Take this also as a step forward :slightly_smiling_face:
On another note: Fighting all your Dr. Moreau tanks was not the easiest. Because it is simply not what we usually see and speaking for myself: I am lacking experience there. Your defenses are surely not ‘nothing’ :relaxed:

11 Likes

Well said Cadi, very good points.

5 Likes

Maybe… just maybe… your defences are not as good as you think?
There is no exploit, there is no cheating. The opponent you faced are one of the top 10 alliances in the game, in a war format (minions) which is known for very high scoring wars (people have posted 7500+ and still lost). Purple defences featuring Bera are already predictable and easily OS’ed and it is not uncommon that at high level wars 9-10 people go 6/6 even with the best defences.
If you faced 7DD/ Avengers/ Kobyer they would have probably posted 8500…

4 Likes

By my reconing (Leader of 7DH, top 15 region in war), your alliance is probably in about the 80-100 bracket in terms of overall war score/ performance. I can check with @Beezzer data as he collects, collates and compiles it with a couple others for the top warring alliances.

Last Legion are in the top 10 bracket…

Ergo, not at all a surprising outcome. If you had faced any ally in that bracket the score would have been similar. If you had faced higher (i.e. Top Tier = Kobyer, 7DD, Avengers) you would probably have had a score closer to 8k put against you.

The Top allys (even top 20 region), the majority of their defences have Bera/Freya Tank with Frigg/Odin/Morel/Elizabeth flanks and/or wings. With just 6 Bera you simply aren’t in the same league as them.

Take it as a loss and try learning from the experience to come back stronger next time round.

8 Likes

Unless you spend countless hours tracking alliance scores and hunting down war results (/raises hand), it’s hard to know the strength of your opponent unless you’re already familiar with them. Unfortunately, SG’s in game leaderboard can mean very little in terms of war strength. And in some cases, lead to confusion.

The OP’s alliance had dipped down to #86 in war ranking (my methodology), but more recently had increased to #42. A huge accomplishment in a game of 10’s of thousands of alliances.

But for context and as further explanation to the OP’s question, there was a 2,183 difference in max war scores between the two alliances. For the Top 100 alliances, the higher ranked alliance wins 88% of the time when there is more than a 2,000 point difference in max war score. If we narrow that down to the Top 10, the Top 10 alliance wins 98% of the time when they have a 2k+ max war score advantage.

But the question isn’t why the OP’s alliance lost, but instead how could their opponent score 8,199? A wall of oneshots. Beyond the mismatch in alliances, all I can say it was just our day.

4 Likes

I am curious why is this the case?

At our alliance level (averaging anywhere between top 10 and top 100) we field a bera heavy defense and usually face bera heavy defences. I can see why this would work for the most part because each person would have anywhere from 0 to 4 good minion counter teams, with the average probably sitting around 2. After the second kill Bera teams would become pretty tough.

However, at top 10 level I would expect each person to be able to pretty easily field 4+ minion counter teams, and in this scenario having a Bera seems like it is more of a liability than an advantage. What is the reason to why despite this Bera is still considered the strongest tank at the highest levels?

3 Likes

I think the big issue is people perhaps don’t realise the difference between being in the top 100 and being in the top 10 in the standings.

It’s another of those hidden step-ups in the game. Like in events where making the Top 100 can be relatively easy but making the top 10 is a whole new level of crazy difficulty.

We war in the mid 150’s to 250’s range and occasionally we hit our high as a top 100 team reaches a low of a hard lose and we get absolutely annihilated by them. Our first rush war in this pass was one of them and we were very heavily out-Alfriked. Just had to shrug and give it our best. We lost by about 1000 (our heaviest for a good while)

That’s just the game but if you’ve not been there I can see how getting to number 1 would give a false impression of level. Which a war against someone who sits there all time would bring a dose of reality to.

I did laugh when they said they would stop spending though :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

8 Likes

My key takeaway from this thread -

it’s tough in the upper ranks!

*reads - “to put in perspective, your alliance only had 6 Bera tanks”

looks at own alliance, where we only have 1 Bera among 20 accounts

reads - top 20 alliances typically have Freya/Bera tanks with lots of Elizabeth/Odin/Frigg/Morel flanks**

gets PTSD flashbacks to fighting such defenses

**gives thanks that I’m a casual player in a casual alliance :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley: :grinning:

14 Likes

War matchmaking is solely based on war score which is your alliance war strength. Meanwhile, global rank is based on alliance score which is a combination of trophy score + titan score + war score. So war score is a better indicator instead of global rank.

Can you show the detailed score breakdown.

1 Like

:grin:
I didn’t said that we deserved to win…
I just said that 79% good boards it’s a little bit too much!
Good heroes and troops, ok!
But it happened to me and many others, that with the strongest team to fail… cuz I didn’t get a decent board.

2 Likes

What is your definition of a good board? Are you assuming everyone stacks heavily with 5-0, 4-1, or even 3-2? It is possible that with the deep rosters you are looking that people are playing a lot closer to rainbow which greatly reduces the possibility of a “bad” board. I personally moved off mono a long time ago because I didn’t want to be totally dependent on the boards and my war success has gone up dramatically. However even with stacking the heroes availble to these guys probably have a higher than normal survivability which allows for more opportunities to shape the board - plus they hare more skill and experience which also allows for them to optimise board movement. So whilst some of those wins could be attributable to “good boards” a lof of it is probably due to smart hero configuration, powerful heroes, and skillful play

5 Likes

So did you see our boards meanwhile to be able to judge?
I am pretty sure, I havent shared some yet. And not even I can tell what Kind of boards all mates had. But good to know, you are aware of our boards :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like