Onatel, best hero idea

I assume they both continue to follow their own rules as if the other Onatel is any other hero.

1 Like

It wont cancel out because the mana gain is based upon how many times the enemy is hit/tile damage.

If you have 2 Onatels facing each other and the fired at the same time, their mana steal would still work BUT the A.I and you will have a different “board/tile setup” and different nearby heroes that gain mana at a different rate therefore both Onatels stealing/gaining mana at two different rates.

So no, the game does not go in an infinite loop nor does earth freeze in time lol

1 Like

Lol, i really love this forum.
I saw people complain about Inari (monster attack, possibly monster skill) but not yet about Onatel (stats of a tank but not a great tank, special that require a lot of tactic and patience).

I mean, i’m happy to see people are ok with Onatel, can’t understand the complains before about Inari.
If i have to choose, i pick Inari everyday of the week and twice on sunday.

1 Like

we aren’t speculating on a battle overall though. We’re talking about 1 hit. Both Onatels are stealing each other’s “mana gained” at the same rate. Both gain mana at the same rate naturally with tiles, you swipe 5 yellow tiles in a line at Onatel. What happens?

1 Like

The Onatel that sent the 5 tiles will gain more mana because she is not only gaining the 5 tile damage (normal mana increase) but she also gains the mana steal while the OTHER Onatel only gains the mana steal

1 Like

Someone with better skills in infinite series can figure this out, but here’s the series:

p = Spell effect on my Onatal (25%, 50%, 75%, 100%)
q = Spell effect on foe’s Onatel

then the mana my Onatel gains per tile (expressed in tiles) is:

p - pq + (p^2q - p^2q^2) + (p^3q^2 - p^3q^3) + …

So this:

5 Likes

Sounds like a pretty good team I would go with Azlar! Over Khagan

2 Likes

I just saw the first maxed onatel tank in top 10

Wierd though that Santa is not tanking…
What are your thoughts?

2 Likes

To chime in about Onatel as a “best hero idea”…

Just got done with a war attack. Had a team of *5s against enemy’s *5s. Bad board, yet enough tiles to keep onatel firing and my yellows afloat. Somehow managed to take out all their heroes except Vivica before DOT took out all of mine except Onatel.

It turned into a slug-fest between Onatel and Vivica, with Vivica healing and getting the field aid.

Onatel’s tile hitting mana steal prevented Vivica’s final heal and allowed me to win. That was a good feeling. Any other hero wouldn’t have clinched the win with the board had.

There’s nothing better in this game, when playing a board, than your hero winning because of their intended design/special skill. Especially when it’s a niche skill that requires strategy to wield well.

It’s along the lines of setting off Rigard at the last second before Azlar’s DOT wins it for the enemy.

Definitely a good hero to have.

7 Likes

I found another Onatel in raids finally. I took a video of the whole raid. At 4:45, you can see the enemy Onatel’s mana charge slightly more after the tile mana stacked. Mine does the same. They were not the same level, but if cancelling out occurred, the enemy Onatel wouldn’t have stolen any mana because my Onatel was stronger. I think it’s a infinite series that converges on 1 since we’re dealing with fractions. That being said, we know from troops calculations that mana rounds up, so they would steal mana as though no one was stealing it back from them. But tell me what you think.

This is my first video, btw, and I dont have any fancy recording stuff, just what comes built into my phone, and I debated posting it, but I had to share my data. Please do the same if you have a similar raid.

4 Likes

Do you guys use 2+ Holy to use Onatel healing effect? I have Joon with her because he’s strong but I think the 4% healing is not worth it.

I Like the heroes I have but I would like to have at least 1 powerful one on each class, unfortunately my 2 5S are Holy, Onatel and Joon.

I Use
Little John/Tiburtus - Boldtusk - Onatel - Kiril - Joon

Does the order of the heroes matter when playing by yourself?

1 Like

Sometimes on offensive raids. Not on defense because of the purples that can be used to color stack. Then again it depends on your roster. Guin and onatel might be useful.

Sometimes, I stacker with Justice in raids and against titans with Justice and Li Xiu. I’m also working on my wu that will of course stack for titans.

Edit: and/or Gretel if I want extra mana control

1 Like

I’ll take a whack at it.

We can rewrite the equation as:

mana = p(1 – q) + p^2q(1-q) + p^3q^2(1-q) + …

Or:

mana = p(1-q) * (1 + sum{n=1…inf}(p^n * q^n))

Now, the closed form for sum{n=1…inf}(p^n * q^n) is:

sum{n=1…inf}(p^n * q^n) = pq/(1-pq)

So the overall closed form is:

mana = p(1-q) * (1 + sum{n=1…inf}(p^n * q^n))

mana = p(1-q) * (1 + pq/(1-pq))

mana = p(1-q)/(1-pq)

So, for instance p=.5, q=.25

mana = .5 * (.75) / (.875)
mana = 0.429 of a tile

The big thing to note, though, is that the infinite series is divergent if both p and q are 1.

Edit: corrected an error in the math

5 Likes

My head just exploded.

11 Likes

That’s ok. I feel the same way listening to your amazing E&P songs :smile:

2 Likes

This reminds me of when I was in school and always being a fool when I met a lesson like this, because I was the weakest in calculating lessons :sob:

3 Likes

Just give up.

These guys are from another realm. :rofl:

2 Likes

What about the Enemy Onatel?

Edit: remember, SG rounds up the mana to the integer. But I believe they do this after the total mana is calculated, not throughout the calculation

It’s 1 - friendly onatel, since there’s only one tile’s worth of energy to divvy up. So:

Enemy gain = (1-p)/(1-pq)

The calculation assumes a whole tile of mana gain at the start, so the mana rounding factor is baked in. If you want to convert to % of a bar, you need to divide by 10 since they’re both average mana (or 9 if someone has high level mana troops).

Here it is as a table, in tiles:

My Onatel Enemy Onatel My Gain Enemy Gain
0.25 0.25 0.200 0.800
0.5 0.25 0.429 0.571
0.75 0.25 0.692 0.308
1 0.25 1.000 0.000
0.25 0.5 0.143 0.857
0.5 0.5 0.333 0.667
0.75 0.5 0.600 0.400
1 0.5 1.000 0.000
0.25 0.75 0.077 0.923
0.5 0.75 0.200 0.800