Ogima - 5* Holy / Yellow from Challenge Festival 2

The only explain that I can think of why sg release this hero this way is that recent sales are really worse than their expectations.

Same reason they flood so many new heros in a single month.

I donā€™t see any major difference between Oigma and other released heroes. They are different style but more or less elite heroes. Same talk after Anne, MM, Alucard, Jove etc. Last year it was other heroes that would break the game. In a few weeks you will say the same about Musketeers family. ā€¦
Yes, they break the game if you want to be able to compete with old heroes.

I donā€™t have him but I would level him and not be afraid of nerf. In the big picture, the nerf is gone because it is not necessary anymore. The pace of new heroes and their new shiny properties will take our attention soon.

Congratulations to you if got him :partying_face:

Happy gaming

6 Likes

I pulled this guy and right now heā€™s OP but if there are no minions, heā€™s on par with recent heroes.
Obvious simple change can be a limit to the additional damage per minion killed.

Suspect there will be some new heroes at the start of 2023 including 4* that will remove minions.
Iā€™ll max him immediately if I had darts but I think he will be another Elizabeth (very strong upon release but now near irrelevant).

Maybe Morel will be a better comp, so still useful but not a top hero even for holy.

3 Likes

People are getting the damage way wrong. Its a two part special where the damage for each minion is a separate hit. This makes a significant difference, itā€™s way less damage than one big hit. Itā€™s still plenty of damage but the other way would be gamebreaking.

Iā€™d still take Skadi or Grimble vs Bera/Freya but heā€™s an mprovement over Topaz against certain teams.

6 Likes

What heroes are there currently that remove negative stacks from your team? I canā€™t think of one. Malosi prevents stacks being given.

Totally agree, he has to be & feel that he will be nerfed.

I too have himā€¦

1 Like

how come?
a hero doing 400% is same as doing 100% 4 times

whatā€™s the difference here?

So next time SG wants to sell minions summoner, it needs summon minions that are immune to minion removal. :thinking:

Btw I donā€™t call nerf for any individual heros just watch the show :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Im so happy to finally have a good reason to stop playing the game thanks sg right on time i left for 3 year when jean francois telluria vela combo see you maybe never again this time Thank small giant this was the hero to me for quitting the game

2 Likes

Every team has an minion summoners haha at 750 damage at fast speed if he is not broken next and next hero can counter mindless attack or even mana reduction by 900 damage at fast speed new meta will be reduced mana waiting for the new counter hero mana reduction :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy: balance a game isnā€™t for everyone to me it was the hero to left the game

2 Likes

Eloise is no good anymore

AFAIK, with a 400% hit, the defense is applied one time, reducing the damage. With 4 100% hits, the def reduces each hit, resulting in less damage overall.

I havenā€™t cared enough to wade through the damage formula thread here to understand it all, but Iā€™ve seem numerous times on the forum that people are certain this is true.

2 Likes

Exactly this. Even though the formula may be complicated itā€™s easy to see the difference.

1 Like

Whats crazy is that he was only at 3/47 in the video. I am sure maxed out he will be a terror, in which congrats on getting him!

As far as op or nerfā€¦ its all irrelevant and has been for a long time due to its foolish to invest in defenses with the belief they are unbeatable.

Top defenses have been being clobbered long before this new hero, and will continue to be long after this new hero is irrelevant.

Flavor of the month will constantly change :grinning:

3 Likes

The first hero I have seen in a long time (ever?) where I think he is way, way OP above and beyond every other hero currently being released, and NEEDS a nerf. No fast hero should be an insta win on their own against any niche (and minion tanks are a HUGE niche). Grimble and Skadi and other minion counters give you a very good chance at a win, but certainly none are insta win, and I canā€™t think of any that are fast.

It is a bit of a relief that he will be pretty rare and will not make his way on most defenses (and can be mitigated by not bringing minion summoners if he does), but that does not change the fact that he should not be this powerful in offense.

8 Likes

I am expecting a nerf however it doesnā€™t make the collector in me want him any less. I have several heros sitting in my roster waiting for the nerf hammer and they can still serve a purpose even at 3/70.

2 Likes

As i said in beta hes way too strong for fast. He makes eloise seem inadequate

1 Like

Lets place bets, a minion heros who is immune to anti minions hits lmaooo coming January 2023 :money_mouth_face:

2 Likes

You are too greedy :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: at least wait for February

There is no explanation for this hero other than SG wants to kill minion makers in defenses. This hero will oneshot the following tanked entire teams after 6-10 minions spawn: M&M, Hulda, Diaochan, Liu Bei, Set (in rush), Bera, Freya/C Freya. Goodbye M&M!

Edit: Plus Xmas heros are done for. No need to pull for them! Save your money!

6 Likes