No attack power is added to the tournament

It’s a good question, but I think the answer has to be “yes.” If Joon’s attack stat were to be increased by 148% for both tiles AND his special, he’d be hitting for like 2500 damage sometimes. (And that’s before accounting for the possibility of defense debuffs on the enemy.) I feel like that’d screw up the balance of the game quite a bit.

Why “titans excluded?” I’m under the impression that a 40% defense debuff on a titan is preferable to a 40% attack buff on your own heroes in all cases.

Regardless, I think @Garanwyn’s last post addresses the real issue: Since attack buffs are applied to a hero’s attack stat only for tiles, then the way it’s shown in the game is pretty darn misleading! I think anyone who looks at Joon’sattack stat in the course of a raid, and sees that it’s increased from 891 to 1069, would assume that the buffed attack stat would be applicable to both tiles and specials. Seems odd, at the very least!

2 Likes

Agree, here is my reply on @Garanwyn theory on the other thread:

2 Likes

Let’s stop the theory discussion here, and carry it on exclusively in the Damage Calc thread.

This thread should focus on the question of whether the tourney attack buff is working like attack buffs normally work, not philosophical questions about how attack buffs ought to work or ought to be displayed.

1 Like

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: Damage Calculation

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.