New War Rule -- ⏩ Rush Attack

It’s not at all broken if you haven’t focused only on fast heros.

I’ve beaten Alfrike most times I faced her. Asking for the whole thing to go because you can’t master it is lame.

There is no “mastering” it. What a stupid statement. You bring mana controllers, pray you get 6 tiles before Alfrike and/or Ludwig fire, and then pray you can kill them and move on to control and kill the ressers before they bring everyone back.

Please explain this “mastery” that apparently exists. You have some other brilliant method besides hoping RNG gives you two matches before she fires and then enough subsequent matches to kill her and then silence/kill the healers to prevent the ress?

This game mode is a joke, but defending it with some non-elaborated statement like “oh just master it” is even worse.

3 Likes

You’re being lectured by someone who has spends:

Next you will be told to take rainbow.
You can read these limited responses, above. I will expand on that good advice by telling you that skills matter more than tiles in Rush.
However,
Even rainbow has bad boards:
where your only options are separate
3-connects right up the gut, giving you a couple half charged heroes and firing the enemy Alfrike.

Rainbow also has timing issues:
Meaning you bring a dispeller because most of these double rez - alfrike tank’s also have a flank taunter.
So you play smart and send tiles up the side. And this charges your dispeller before anyone fires. Now their Alfrike is ready to go and you’re not ready.

Rush is unquestionably more RNG dependent. Accept that. It’s just the way it is and I doubt will go away. Then what?
Are they going to balance all the slow heroes??? No way… besides this niche direction is rolling dough…

Meanwhile there’s more saturation’s and more Slow Heroes incoming.

And that’s the real answer that you aren’t being told…!
Go develop slow heroes and use them in rush. The skills that are slow for a REASON will help you preform better during Rush. So get your wallet out and go get those Slows. Get Alfrike and then you can go chastise others who realize this mode is broken.

Good luck

1 Like

As Rush Attack comes around, time for me to complain about this ■■■■■■ mode again:

You could have mixed up the strategy a bit while still retaining some semblance of balance by “rotating” the speeds of all heroes by one or two; “very slow” becomes “average,” “average” becomes “very fast,” and “very fast” becomes “slow.”

I have Alfrike, and this mode is STILL not fun to me because it’s either I have six purple tiles I can match on board open or I’ve lost the fight.

Having now run rush wars in alliances near the top of the top 100 as well as not even in the top 100, I can honestly say that I understand why some of you who don’t war against spenders don’t hate this game mode with the same passion as the rest of us.

Rush wars without a majority of the defenses having Alfrike aren’t a complete messy RNG s**t show. It’s pretty much exclusively Alfrike tanks that make the experience so miserable (made even worse when coupled with a MN or two or a second Alfrike), assuming a halfway decent defense behind her. Win or lose, it just doesn’t feel good or fun. It’s a complete roll of the dice whether or not the starting board allows you to match 6 before Alfrike fires, if you get it you win if you don’t you lose. Very slim margin for tiling or strategy, and it feels like the player had no impact on the match outcome.

I still think SG would be best served to make all heroes average speed. Doing so would still make the Slow/vSlow heroes ideal and quite a bit stronger and the Fast/vFast heroes weaker. It would also make tiling and strategy a factor in matches against Alfrike tanks, and just feel better on the whole

5 Likes

To be fair, that’s just how it goes when you’re in the top 100 regardless of war type though. I spent a year and a half in a top 100 alliance and I loved every bit of the competitive nature there, but what I hated was facing the same defenses war in and war out. The best part of this game, imo, is the amount of variety you can face. That’s what turned me off of being in the top 100 after a while. This also isn’t me saying rush should be left alone because it’s by far my least favorite of the war types. All it does is encourage Alfrike and nothing but lady of the lake, MN, Alby and or Heim behind her. You just see way more of that in the top 100.

this is my biggest hesitation about potentially applying to be in a top 100 alliance. i get plenty of challenge at my alliance’s current level, there’s the added aspect of helping my mates grow, and even if i sometimes am the one to “take one for the team” and hit Elizabeths or Morel/Frigg combos or rush Alfrikes or what have you, i don’t have to face them for all 12 flags of Rush.

1 Like

No, not if you’re raiding, eventing, mapping where the opposition is of different speeds. At least you get some time to play the board before they go off.

Traditionally, S1, slow heroes were slow to offset the high damage factor.

By having everyone on very fast that high damage factor now gets the advantage of vfast as well.

Playing Mono also actually allows one to take full advantage of elemental links, some families are also the same colour.

Putting everything to vf, imo, totally favours the defender, they’re going off regardless, bad start or unwanted combo and you’re dead. And it rather negates the fun of elemental and family links.

I have a very good Mono Red team where the specials and elemental links work really well together in all aspects of game except Rush where it’s all down to opening board and first 3 moves.

Btw, are you kilted? I’m Scottish, in Edinburgh.

Are Mages still screwed over in this format?

Yes, Styx, Ninja and Magic heroes are slowed down in this format.

2 Likes

A ninja discrimination war? I don’t like it, because i own Garnet, Onyx, Cobalt and Mica. :grin:

1 Like

In a Rush Attack War where the mana speed is set to very fast, can the mana troops increase this speed of mana recovery or is there a cap to the very fast speed and the mana troops nake no difference?

Mana troops help. This is why I prioritized multiple level 11 mana troops in the past.

2 Likes

On attack, your heroes will charge in 6 tiles if you have 9% mana boost through a combination of troops and emblem node bonus

1 Like

No cap. Every mana bar is set to 6.5 tiles and no limit how much faster it can get with troops, mana generation talent and other status effects.
This format is however a real disadvantage for charge heroes (ninja, magic, styx) since it actually slows them down quite a lot (except for magic charge 2).

6 Likes

Yes I like that, I targeted a few teams with slayers and magic this time around, sure helps oh and teams with very fast heroes as they have least damage in this format.

Indeed, Slayers are wonderful in rush attack with their mana generation stack!

2 Likes