New War Rule -- ⏩ Rush Attack

This was horrible…All the defending teams needed to do is put a second healer on and forget it.you couldn’t win…It literally killed my teams mood and they were frustrated and found it hard to even want to partcipate in this war after their first few hits…I hope to never see this again

At the higher end, this war type has drastically favored the big spenders with unlimited roster space and materials as they can afford to use the resources to maintain heroes just for this one war type and rare tourney. Vs defenses comprised of these slower huge effects artificially firing at an accelerated rate a slow start is NOT an option. You need your mana controller heroes to fire.

For newer players this war will incentivize maxing pretty much any slow hero you stumble across. This will be a nice change for new players (or F2P who never intend to become competitive), but since this war type only represents ~16% of wars this will serve as a trap for newer players who get lured into maxing heroes for short-term benefit but end up short on materials for their better heroes (for the majority of war types) down the road as they begin to push to become more competitive.

Changing this war to VSlow or slow instead of VFast will still favor the use of slower heroes, and provide some much needed utility for these heroes to incentivize their ascension and use. It will not, however, result in completely unbalancing the game and will allow for clever tiling and strategy to still play a significant role in the outcome.

In this current iteration, this war is a dice-roll supplemented by a gear-check. First turn Alfrike tank firing is not a fun or engaging mechanic, and even winning a match when your first turn or two charges half of your team and you decimate the defense doesn’t feel particularly like an accomplishment either.

War is meant for fun, but also as endgame content for long time players of the game. It is the only team-based competitive element in a game where alliances and bonds with your teammates are a large reason to continue playing. Leave the quirky-fun-but-not-strategic game types for weekly tournaments.

War needed new types to freshen it up, but without question once the novelty of this type wears off it will be the singularly most reviled war for competitive alliances, not to mention the most wildly unbalanced.

16 Likes

You have to go mono to stand a chance with this war rule.
You have to kill the centre player in under 6 tiles to stop them from activating.

Been reading through all comments.
Those who have had good war , and had suitable roster , say they enjoyed it
Those who had bad war and didn’t have suitable roster, didn’t enjoy it.
Who would have thought ? :smile:

I had a very good war , very suitable for my roster but i still think this war rule is a very bad idea.
I can put together a very frustrating defence team that would make people want to leave the game or smash up their phone.
Its fun when you see people fail repeatedly against your defense team, it’s not fun to be on the receiving end.
I said from the start this war rule was a bad idea.

1 Like

I have to admit… I was wrong!

I thought that this war was going to severely punish me and my attacking teams.

Heh. Apparently not. :laughing:

This just in, folks: mono still 100% viable in these wars.

Now, does that mean I think it’s a good war modifier? Nope.

It certainly punished our opponents more than it punished us, so it would be easy for me to give it a thumbs up and say “yassss make this permanent thing!” But overall? No, I don’t think it “added” anything useful in terms of challenge or variety or whatever. Only thing it added to was RNG.

4 Likes

A lot of peeps been saying there’s no strategy but I think that alliances that communicate and stratagize as a group will do well with this rule and from what I’ve read of your posts, your group does that. Congrats.

3 Likes

I agree irs something new and will adapt, into peoples attack on war.
My war was won,I had 6 flags did 2 mono 2-3 and 2-2-1 prob my worst war in a while.
Its good to see other hero’s out there that wouldnt rormally be.
But I comes down to the boatd 3-4 moves If they ain’t good yah pretty much it.

1 Like

Thank you! Yes we do communicate well. But we also got mostly decent hits. While our opponents got a lot of zeroes. I think maybe because they’re not used to facing defenses that hit them first? IDK. Whatever the case… they did not fare very well overall. :man_shrugging:

Absolutely give them credit for trying at least!

1 Like

No, you don’t have to go mono. I use mostly 3-2 and still come out as the best attacker in the tug of war even as I only used 2 slow heroes in the whole ordeal.

1 Like

I love this new war very much. I finally start feeding Elena, Justice, and Isarnia. And I actually used some slow but new heroes such as Gullinbursti and Miki on today’s war. I rarely use slow heroes for AW. Now I can use them. Using same heroes on every war was such a disaster and it really made me bored. Now I can feed and use some new heroes for war. This is great.

1 Like

I had average tries. People with OP teams gonna keep being OP :unamused:

One thing to note, I don’t have a huge 5* roster. I have less than 20 leveled 5s, but I do have 35+ leveled 4s. This new war rule can be successfully played with 4s along with your 5s. It really comes down to planning ahead. Think about what heros (4* or 5*) you want to combined together to make up 6 attacking war teams.

I did not really plan my teams the first time around, but I did ok. I won 4 battles and lost 2. If I had planned it out, I could have won one or two more battles. After all was said and done, I left good heros on the bench because I did not have a plan going into the war. I now have setup my war teams for this format. I look forward to the next war. I guarantee I’ll probably make some tweaks afterwards (maybe even during), but that’s the whole point. Everything changes, nothing stays the same.

Here is a list of the 4* heros I used this war:

BT
Wilber
Regard
Mist
Guard Jackel
Guardian Falcon
Sonya
Tiburtus
Gullinbursti
Buddy
Almur
Kiril
And more…

Based upon who my alliance faces next war and what color tanks they standardized on, I may use a few more 4*s or may use less. We will have to wait and see. Good luck all with the next war! :wink:

1 Like

Yes, Iove it!

Both equally, although roster as attacking is less slow power heroes than 5-fix defender.

Great as is, but I also curious with other mana speed like fast/avarage/slow or very slow, can be interesting, but it might be boring if majority resulted with timeout.

Yes, Finally in my Alliance (not a top one, we are in middle score), have a little Strategy change that make a different and we all communicate each other, share opinions feels contribute, etc… and some of my friends (including me) finally used some “benched” heroes to shine in this rule. We still use the same purple tank coordinate just like before, and only one member in my alliance that use Alfrike, the rest are mix with S1 heroes.

No, It’s harder. Harder doesn’t mean bad. It need more attention carefully to choose which heroes on defense and attack teams synergy.

Summary

1st I like new content, new rule that make the gameplay have a variety.
This war, we face green tank coordinate, and I can’t win against Horghall tank :thinking:
But finally this war we win, with 4.7k VS 4.1k points.
Curious with next war :muscle:

Good game and goodluck everyone :muscle:

9 Likes

This is a cutthroat way to win war. When all Member of alliance put just 1star sh*t like that so maximum point you can reach is only 120 point per 6 hit.
And maximum 3.6k per Alliance.

They should fix this :poop:

They should do a mechanic that their Point and Power point never got lower than their previous one. Even they change to 1star or not

Do you have a screenshot of a whole alliance doing this? Normally it is only one team. You do know that the alliance as a whole is worth 1500 points right? If they all put up 1* defenses they will all be worth 1500/# of teams. In other words, I wish an alliance would only put up 1 star teams. We would be able to flip it 6 times and get 9000 points.

7 Likes

Most luck based war to date. Horrible for any sort of strategy. Start with a good board, you win. Start with a bad one, you lose. Not so with other wars. Horrible! Horrible! Horrible!

3 Likes

Well it’s only two / three.

So the total point of alliance in war are 1.500 regardless of any Heroes they putting? :roll_eyes:
Next time I should count that first. Just to make sure.

Thanks for the information by the way.

If all 30 alliance members use that defense, the result will be:

Current available points: 34
Bonus points: 17

And your opponent will get 9180 war points.

4 Likes

This is a losing strategy. They are a ridiculously easy win that can be beaten by the #6 team from your weakest member. They also increase the value of the other members…that you get to use better attack teams against…

1 Like

I liked this rule, it requires a different way of thinking. Yes you can say it’s board dependent but that’s why less heavy stacks can actually be advantageous for this kind of war. Fighting a 20 node team of finely, jabber, gravemaker, killhare what not is also board dependent in general. Actually felt like this rule gave the little guy (me) more of a fighting chance against those traditionally good teams. And it gives slow heroes an extra chance to shine! A lot of slow heroes are season 1 :slight_smile: yes like this and like the variety. There’s lots of new war rules now so it won’t rotate around that often for those of you who hate it. :woman_shrugging: can’t please everyone for each rule

Edit I killed 20 node tells with BLUE heroes this war because I could depend on specials (and no I don’t have frida even) Isarnia was finally better than finley

4 Likes

On the other side probably the one that really not shining on V.Fast War can do that so the other players have a better value (the people who has a good heroes on V.Fast War like having Alfrike and others)
Is it possible?