New War Rule -- ⏩ Rush Attack

Rush attack is too gimmicky for war. Save it for tournaments

1 Like

Due to very fast mana charging, are days of mono teams over… (Not much time to charge up…)

I found 3-1-1 or 2-2-1 more useful for war hits in the very fast mana charging mode… & of course Slow Heroes came to the party :balloon: :tada: :grinning:

What’s your experience…?

1 Like

I used rainbow teams and they work fine. I just mix them so that I can have a dispeller and mana cutter in one of each. Gotta say that if I find a healer in the middle, it’s easier (unless this tank is Heimdall😅).

4 Likes

I’m not sure why this would cause people to stop using Mono ( will add here that I do not use mono myself).

I would have thought anyone who does play mono regularly and consistently well has already accepted they are at the mercy of the boards and they may charge up the opponent before they get tiles of their own.

With Mono in this war at least you can be sure of all your heroes being ready to go at once instead of possibly a turn delay because of them being different speeds.

7 Likes

I’m using mono, but result endup with 4/6 oneshoot.
Next war if still rush attack, I will try 3-2 or 4-1 or 3-1-1 or 2-2-1. I think better because we can use optimal of mana troop advantadge.

2 Likes

I lost both battles with 3+2 setup, you can reduce the risk of a bad board but can’t eliminate it.
Won with 4-1, with mono it was 2-1.
Not sure, maybe I will try to disperse the risk even more next time.

1 Like

With mono you can play with the board a little in a normal raid. Take a hit or two and bounce back. In a situation where everyone mana is set to very fast you don’t have that option as everyone going to be firing off specials healing etc. It will be ended quickly as the first 3 moves you make are either going to have to be good or yah toast.

5 Likes

Very true. This attempt backs that up completely…

And yes, I did wanna throw my phone but I kept composure :rofl:

I did have some good attacks too but mono or 4-1 in these vfast wars are gonna be mostly, if not completely, dependent on starting boards.

7 Likes

@Kilted : with mono, there is less time to play the board, opposition heroes fire :fire: away … faster…
which makes it a punt… lottery = highly luck based…

2 Likes

I’ve never been a fan of mono myself, so this war rule makes absolutely no difference to my teams :slight_smile:

But i found a good use for some of mine deeply benched heroes in this very fast war :slight_smile:

3 Likes

But is mono not always a high risk high reward most of the time anyway? If you dont get your tiles within the first 3-5 moves gameover even without VFast?

As I say I dont play mono so not familiar with all the ins and outs. I get there is a lot more strategy to mono than it appears with when and where to dump bad tiles, but at least with all your own heroes being very fast you only need 6.5 of one colour as opposed to 2 or 3?

2 Likes

Absolutely is a high risk / high reward.

I’ve found mono to be the best overall strategy for a relatively middle level player like myself to be able to compete against much higher level players. If I go in with a 3-2 team, I might have 4k TP with that combo… the team I’m trying to take down is 4500 TP… I’m going to need more than just a few good tiles to take them out. Whereas if I go mono… I only need a few good tiles to take them out.

Yes, there is strategy involved. While a bad starting board can totally ruin your day, you might still be able to pull off at least one strong hit before going down (some points are better than no points).

And if you get a halfway decent starting board? You at least take out the tank. Get a nice starting board, you can take out tank + at least one flank, and use your charged up specials to take out a third hero. Leaving you a nice big open gap in the board and enough time to work the tiles.

7 Likes

well said, my thoughts and experiences exactly. I tried shifting back to 3/2 for a while, and found it much more difficult to take out the tank. even with more good matches, the power of the tiles was less… and the tank almost always fired.

mono at least gives me a better chance.

maybe my answer will be different if my heroes were all +20 monsters, or I had lots of game-changer, turn-the-tide type heroes like Alby and Mama North…

… but for my roster and where I’m at, mono makes more sense for me.

2 Likes

And you probably have the strongest roster on our entire team.

Our opponents are usually 20+ monsters. I’d much rather kill one or two of them quickly than kill none of them slowly. :laughing:

1 Like

Mono won’t do well. Stack skills not colors for this one.

My 2nd half:

5 Likes

You are working with a roster of nearly full 5* heroes.

2/3 of my roster are 4* heroes.

What works for you will not work for me.

You are throwing apples at apples. Doesn’t matter as much what color those apples are, as long as they are apples.

I am throwing cherries at apples.

9 Likes

Mono works quite well if you ask me… you dont need a good board just need a couple of matches to activate all 5. If you have slow average powerfull heroes like azlar c, kilhare, quintus, thorne etc you will win in 45 seconds

2 Likes

A couple of matches for mono (which is a good board for very fast) is hard to come by at times (and it’s certainly nothing one can count on). And with the opposition set to very fast, if you don’t get those matches it is game over in these very fast wars.

1 Like

I’ve had 3 one-shots so far using mono. Small sample size sure, but…

… and also, with my limited roster, I don’t have as many options as you do. as @TGW said. I am certainly in no position to be stacking skills.

For example:

• Seshat and Inari are my only minion summoners.

• Nordri is my only elemental defense down hero. Cannot use him in war.

• Lancelot and Friar Tuck are my only mana speed boosters.

• I don’t have enough mana controllers to super stack either, I need to spread them out among my war teams. 2x Proteus, 2x Hansel, 2x Pixie (obviously I don’t use them in war), 2x Li Xiu, 2x Chao, 1 Little John.

• Shadereave and Muggy are my only resurrectors.

Alfrike? Ares? Ariel? Yeah don’t have any of them. Aegir and Aeron are my only 5* “healers.”

2 Likes

Right, but that’s for running mono with full maxed teams.

I don’t have full maxed teams. If I’m going up against opponents who overall have stronger benches and defense than I do? I am absolutely at the mercy of the boards either way. I don’t have the luxury of saying “oh well I’ll just put 2 Alfrikes, a Mother North, and a couple of Onatels on my team”.

I don’t have those heroes.

My best bet is… if I see green heroes that need killed? Stack Boldtusk, Gormek, Scarlett, Colen, Kelile.

Go in, hope for red tiles, and murderize the crap out of them! If no red tiles and the opponents are ready to heal? RUN AWAY WITH YOUR TAIL BETWEEN YOUR LEGS!!! :dizzy_face:

6 Likes