Nerfing Telluria (Mar 2020 HOTM) ---> POLL IN POST #2; [Staff Comment Post #1445 & #4422]

Did you ever hear the expression, don’t feed the troll? Seen him around for awhile. Once in a while has anything actually informative to say.

I liked that one. Guy was a good guy but they left half of Telly out of that argument.

1 Like

Really?

“Mr. Nerf Malosi” :rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

That post has to be a joke isn’t it? I only got through a few posts before giving up on that one…

1 Like

He says nope. Claims it was a sincere suggestion and he feels malosi is extremely OP because someone on youtube told him he is lol

So it may be a joke to the rest of us

But according to him…it’s no laughing matter

2 Likes

I do not disagree than she is better than Delilah on defence, she is way better.
But on offence now they are on par, and I am OK if Telly will be slightly nerfed for defence, but when staying same for offence.

I do not want an overnerf her to OK tank and crap anywhere else, compared to other good HOTM healers.

Delilah heals and summons minions.

Telluria does damage, summons minions, heals, nerfs opponents mana, gives a crit boost to green allies

Yea…they’re totally on par…

Not to mention 1 is much more durable than the other…

9 Likes

What did I get tagged into?! Since I’m here, I’ll throw my thoughts out. I’ve struggled more with Telluria than I’ve struggled with any other tank. When I first started like 3 years ago, Ares was the dominate tank. He was a pain to kill at first but we figured it out. We started stacking colors and new heroes came out to debuff him. Ares heal was still nerfed later in the game. Then came Guinn. I struggled tons when she first came out. Then I got me a panther and she wasn’t so difficult. She still ended up getting nerfed. I’m going to skip over the purples because I never understood why those were a thing.

Now we got Telluria, hands down the toughest of them all to kill. I have almost 80 maxed 5* heroes and I get my butt whooped constantly in raids and in war. I know I’m not the only one because war scores went down over 1k at the top. She’s just plain hard to kill. Does this mean she should be nerfed like her predecessors? I can’t really say. I’m not a huge fan of losing more than usual but it does give me a challenge that I haven’t had in a while. My concern with keeping her as is that those that don’t have the hero depth as top players will struggle that much more. I don’t think it is wise to have a bunch of discouraged players feeling that the game is all luck and there is nothing they can do to win but yolo and hope for a good board.

It honestly makes no difference to me. I just want everyone to enjoy the game because it is in fact a game and that’s the whole point. Telluria has already been released so it’s a lose lose decision for SG now. Either way I’m sure people will get upset.

31 Likes

Well ya see…someone thought if i disagree with someone then i think they’re a noob so you got tagged into a post of just me makin a point lol

But also a game changing hero discussion that i wish more experienced players like yourself would chime in on(though given I’m sure I’ve deterred some…and do realize that)

3 Likes

Haha well to those that are saying she is easy to kill and don’t nerf her because she is similar to other heroes we’ve seen before: I want your boards! I don’t consider myself a bad player and I have arguably one of the best rosters in this game and I’m telling you that I struggle. If Tell were so easy to kill, war scores wouldn’t have dropped so much. Again, I am not saying she needs a nerf, I’m just saying dang she’s not easy even for top alliances.

14 Likes

Thanks for chimin in

Much appreciated

And i do agree.

Now I’m wondering who else i can drag out here to give their opinion on the matter :thinking::thinking:…hmm

3 Likes

If she do not have much emblems, she for me is much easier than similarly emblemed Ursena.

As not a top, I usually face Tellurias up to +8, and they are on par for me with similarly +8 Ursenas, Kunchens. Guins +8 even problematic, but I rarely see this.

For Tellurias +20 it can be other experience, I agree.

But I do not think that we should judge a hero at +20 level only.

1 Like

I agree with a lot that has been said here. I am a baby compared to UCLA and Zero but I have a decent roster, 60 maxed 5* with mats for another 10 waiting for good heroes plus close to 80 maxed 4*. I just took a break from a top alliance KOTN, which has great people and a great leader. Some of this was due to real life work issues (I’m in the medical field) but some was because it is becoming monotonous.

We had a pretty nice balance with yellow and purple tanks in the top 25 alliances and there was a lot of variety even within Guin or Ursena tanks. Yes, there were favorite defenses but you could substitute other heros without too much of a hassle.

Telly came in just after Vela was HOTM, and that meant that everyone got them. Suddenly there was a huge change in wars. A lot of alliances could put up Telly/Vela/GM or similar defenses, and this stifled the variety. Not only that, failed attacks against Telly often do 0-5 points, and anyone with horrible luck could score less than 100. Even when I got 250 attacking all Telly/Vela/+19 teams, I didn’t feel good. To optimize the setup using the available heroes, I would have to use most of my 10 remaining spots for very specific ones like duplicate Grazul, Malosi, Mitsuko, etc.

Contrast this to a medium alliance who sees a lot of opponents with blue tanks, yellow tanks, purple tanks, etc. Yes, the teams will not be of the same power as the top. But wars are more varied and fun. I can ascend Norns even though she is a “B” hero…because it is FUN.

I hope to return to KOTN but if wars are this monotonous I am going to stay away for longer. I hope that other heroes can be introduced to counter The Telly/GM/Vela combo, like someone to suppress DOT for 3-4 turns, or a fast mana generation booster, etc.

16 Likes

Hmm understandable to a point.

But probly should keep in mind, unlike having maxed 4* troops, everyone will have +20 heroes at one point or another so it’s not exactly unrealistic to use a hero’s top notch version for analysis

Now if she wasn’t a common defense hero then sure since anyone rarely(if at all) takes an offense only 5* option to +20. But it’s pretty common for players to have more weight in their defense teams than offense teams due to wars

2 Likes

Fair enough. I do think Vela is a reason why Tell is so successful also. Just for kicks i put in my unemblemed tell in on defense to see how it does. I agree it would be easier but even without emblems she is hard to kill from my experience.

4 Likes

Ah bless you never mind. I wasn’t arguing with you so no need to be rude. Save that for the playground. This is just a game to me. Obviously people take it way too seriously lol

If all Telly/Vela/JF (GM is much less possible) trio will be unemblemed or emblemed up to +8, they can be beat by 4*+20 and unemblemed 5* mix.
If we have unemblemed Telly, but +20 Vela and JF (GM) - this is a much different feel.

Telly protect allies and slow down cleansers, and Dots cannot be slowed by highly defended heroes, unlike damage.

I say onse, than JF is good, because even he does mediocre damage, but he does same damage to Telly+20 with Protect and to Aife, so, against highly defended heroes DoTs does relatively more damage than initial hit.

1 Like

For ordinary sniper-heavy fast Def we will stack attack and defence buffers and debuffers, but against DOT heroes attack debuffers and defence buffers does not make much sense.

I’m pretty indifferent to a nerf or buff myself as well. I don’t think it’d affect me frankly.

I said in the beginning, Telluria is very tough and the queen of stalling. I’ve been working on finding good setups against her and I have found a few that have worked well… Still not fully satisfied with options 4, 5 and 6 if I’m being honest, but I’m still gonna work on refining them in case the green tanks do trickle down to us.

I did vote no to nerfing but that’s only because I didn’t want to make a knee jerk reaction based on emotion. If she’s truly become a very centralizing force in the meta, I hope that the devs can confirm this with their data as well (which they should be able to based on the raid indexes done a while back) and make an informed decision based on that data, not just on emotion from players.

I say this because I’ve ranted about certain heroes being OP before too… been there done that, I get the frustration. But I don’t want to make those kinds of posts again just based on my emotions. It wasn’t productive, and I could have been doing something better.

Hope everyone understands that’s why mods and staff have kept an eye on this thread – not to shut down the debate, but to encourage it in a fruitful manner.

Otherwise we’re just yelling into funnels and that’s not productive, just leaves us all feeling hot headed and frustrated.

13 Likes

I’m always fruitful…

2 Likes