Nerf Xnolphod

Once again people coming up with all kinds of rationalisations as to why Xnol is not OP: “He doesn’t do any damage! He doesn’t give or clean stauseffects!”.

Do you really think he needs to do that on top of what he already does to make him really OP? He’s literally the most used tank in high level alliances, probably even required by some. I have Ludwig and I think he’s also pretty much OP. Of course I love him, but I won’t make up all kinds of excuses to defend him till the bitter end, he’s just crazy strong. Beatable? Yes, but once he goes off…

Not voting for a nerf tho, as I can understand the frustration of chasing a hero and investing in it only to see it nerfed.

Ludwig will never take xonophold’s place, he is slow and there are dispellers in several colours, even in s1 4*s, so really available for anyone. Furthermore, there are more and more new heroes wich prevent buffs (c sabina, onyx, costume kageburado, el naddaha, c guardian panther, iris, hysnos, the current HOTM, some s5 with their passives, ecc) and they are all faster than slow, some of then actually fast or very fast.

When nerfing a hero, it doesn’t mean that it has to become unuseful, it means that something in his special or speed could be changed to make the hero more balanced, for instance 15% instead of 20%, not delaying dark tiles, less healing, are just some ideas.

good evening everyone, I did not say that xnolphod is not strong, but only that he should not be nerfed, excellent tank, but I see more dangerous ludwing even if he is slow once he skilla with good heroes at his side you will not stop him anymore

I was just wondering, if that’s the case, why almost every single defense in the top alliances where players have most of the top heroes has Xnophold as tank and not Ludwig or other dark tank? Ludwig is much easier to counter, because he is slow and takes several turns to give enough mana to 2 (not to 5 like xnophold), so you could easily charge any of the several counters before he charges or before he gives enough mana to the heroes besides for them to cast their skill.

Agree, so I suggest Exeera give +20% mana to all. She would be more useful that way.

Xnol is not annoying solely because of that mana, but because of combo mana increase + heal + crippling your purple heroes. But even then some good counter would be more appropriate. We got one in Rhys, I just need to level him up and test him out.

Fair point, the 30% mana gain down to 20% was during beta so was not a nerf of a live hero (20% → 30% → 20%) as well as changes on the mana gain/loss on dark tiles as well as the healing %. All in Beta.

The thing I had been thinking of in live game and confused with the mana gain, was the change to later stage Tower challenges to avoid him leading to an endless loop of mana gains and recharging heroes with no tiles needing to be matched. I had mistakenly attributed that to the change in mana gain upon casting his special.

1 Like

Exactly, what I can’t stand of xnophold is not just the mana gain, or the healing or the -maná for purples, is the whole of it. I hate thinking: don’t bring purples because you won’t charge them in time. Purple used to be my strongest colour, it’s a shame using 6 war flags and all those great purple heroes on the bench. In the last SE I didn’t consider Onyx because if that, and in my purple list was a desirable hero.

These nerf threads are becoming boring. Why not look for your counter as every hero has a counter. If you are struggling with your hero challenges build your troops and join a trainer alliance. Squid man is fine as is.

3 Likes

Xnolphod doesn’t have a counter. None of the tile manipulators do. They need to create heroes that wipe away/reverse the effects of tile manipulation because that’s the real issue Xnolphod only magnifies that because he speeds up the entire team as well as himself. To be honest, I don’t even think he needs the heal to all. That part is just overkill at that point.

Rhys and maybe some of the other bards passive. Reduce mana increase by 50%. I’m sure more counters on their way

2 Likes

My Xenolphod can counter their Xenolphod’s tiles

3 Likes

Lord loki too if he copies xnolphod

also karnov but he is slow

there are many solutions to xnolphod but some players will insist that he is too powerful.

purples is a disadvantage to use against purples especially xnolphod and that shouldn’t be a an argument to nerf him.

it is like bringing greens against gravemaker or purples against malin … etc then complain that they are too powerful… players should have common sense to avoid putting themselves at disadvantageous positions if they won’t accept the risks

4 Likes

right. I think just so many crying babies. Take 3 yellow hitters and you can take Xeno out quickly unless you have real bad board.

2 Likes

Xnolphod’s mana gain doesn’t need any change but the mana gain granted by skills and passives needs to not give mana to the caster too.

1 Like

I’ve never had issues with Xno…so many yellow mana control heroes, many from S1. But how dare you use/max/or god forbid LB(?!) a S1 hero…a Li Xiu/ Chao team that has emblems will do the job…I’ve done it many times!

2 Likes

Whoever is making nerf threads like this one, I suggest you start looking forward and planning your nerf threads for newer heroes. At this point, xnolphod isn’t even from the most recent season and the power creep is real. Not only does Xnolphod not need a nerf, there’s basically at most a 0.001% chance he gets one.

2 Likes

Stop commenting and let this thread die!!! Ask for buffs not nerfs. Go comment on some buff threads!!!

2 Likes

You are overlooking one aspect here which is that Xnol becomes more powerful with every new OP hero that is released. So despite being a slightly “older” hero he is well and truly part of the power creep.

Not to say he needs a nerf, but saying that other new heroes need it more - that is kind of missing the point of what makes Xnol so powerful.

1 Like

Sadly, they will keep comment in this post until all player had Xno :slight_smile:

I know xnolphod’s special skill makes him good, but acknowledging he is an older hero doesn’t mean I’m “missing the point” as you seem to love pointing out in others - something I’m quickly tiring of.

You see, the content of the special skill is integral to a hero’s strength, but it isn’t everything.

Saying xnolphod just becomes more and more powerful with no regard for stats is only one side of the story. You see, power creep also affects something called the stats. After all, it doesn’t matter what a hero’s special skill is if he’s not alive to use it. And yes, there are ways of keeping heroes alive - and maybe this concept is crazy to you based on your history of posts- but IMO the more support a hero needs to stay alive, the less “overpowered” I consider him.

Xnolphod’s stats are obviously not completely overshadowed by power creep, but at the rate of power creep these days, it’ll happen sooner than later.