More variety in female body types and ages

It’s also informative that “standards of beauty” are not the same everywhere, or across time. In Europe of the 1600s, only the wealthy could be fat and pale, hence they were the standards of beauty. For example, Ruben’s famous painting, Rape of the Daughters of Leucippes.

Eye candy for one person may not be eye candy for another.

6 Likes

I am just really curious to know why there is such a knee-jerk reaction to anyone who suggests that the cast of heroes could be a bit more diverse.

To those who have objected, would you also prefer to purge the male cast and have more iterations of fantasy males like Gregorian? I mean should we get rid of brogan and olaf because they look like your average dude at a medieval LARP weekend?

6 Likes

Hi all,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. Please remember to keep it civil. No one needs to be upset or get feelings hurt. We are just discussing here.

I’m not making a complaint about the game and I do appreciate what’s been given. This is one of my favorite games and I choose to speak my opinion because I want to keep playing. This is just my wish list. I’m not here to talk about the “rights of minorities”. It is just a suggestion for a game.

I think this is absolutely the right place to post about a suggestion for the game art and characters. This is the “Ideas & Feedback” part of the forum after all. Originally, I wanted to email the devs about my suggestion, but when I clicked on Options → Suport → Ideas & Feedbacks, this is where it took me. I suppose I could’ve written a support ticket, but I did not feel like this was an “issue” to be solved on the spot, just a suggestion. (Maybe one needs to create a post about not linking “ideas & feedback” from the game to the forum. But you see, that’s another topic.)

And I do discuss stats and tactics in my alliance chats. The game took me here for the feedback. Also, we can have different and multiple motives to play a game. I don’t believe there is just one “right” way to play a game. However you see fit to play is the “right” way for you. (You may enjoy the puzzle aspect, card stats, war tactics, beautiful art, gambling, team effort, solitary play, chats, etc. or all of the above. I don’t know, whatever ticks you.)

I don’t think SGG would’ve created a forum if they did not care about what people said about the game. I’m simply asking SGG to consider putting more variety of female body types (or more male eye candy, I welcome both @Yoohoo).

The variety in wonen’s body type need not be something “ugly” and I trust that SGG has the artistic ability to make ladies of girth or age classy and beautiful. (Personally, I think Friar Tuck should go see a doctor about his weight and health, but that’s another story.)

If you disagree and you don’t want to see a variety in women’s body types, that’s fine. You can express it here without a problem. Whether you agree or disagree with the topic, please be open and respectful of others’ opinions and try not to put other people and their opinions down. We can be civil here and “agree to disagree” as @anon89026910 said.

Thank you.

9 Likes

Very well put, I can only add my agreement - diversity in various aspects of the game, and characters, is something I would welcome, but not a “must have or else”. And I also recognize and appreciate that SG has already been going in that direction as has been pointed out (though there are still clear imbalances by the numbers looking at certain hero characteristics, as has also been pointed out). Not sure what else I can say that hasn’t already been said.

If you ask me, they have certainly succeeded in doing that with Mother North. I don’t know if that is just me, but I find her quite attractive. Do you see what’s behind those eyes, that smile? I detect a hint of joyous naughtiness… :smile:

2 Likes

I think thicker women are hot, both buff or more voluptous or both, and since this is a fantasy game, I’d love to see thick hulking sexy woman war heroes.

Nothing about being PC (not that I am against that, it just isn’t where I am coming from in this request), I just want to point out we don’t all go for the same kind of looks.

I appreciate that Mother North has some curves, but she wasn’t really drawn as a baddass, so she isn’t totally inspring to me. We are here to kill Titans, not bake cookies.

My thick sexy curvy or muscled warrior dream girls just haven’t shown up in this game yet, so I second the idea of adding more diversity. But please make that diversity awesome and not meh. All races welcome, hotness comes in every color. Older characters are fine too just as long as they are also baddasses in one way or another!

I was trying to find some nice body type examples to highlight the post, but I don’t want these to limit your vision. Hulk or Hilda or something else is great so long as she’s got a little extra substance and some serious fight or magic going on.

4 Likes

It’s not a bad idea, I mean it would add variety and all that.

But we shouldn’t encourage Mother North and Friar Tuck body types : man those people are unhealthy and would die super soon.

I’m fine with age and skin color and all, but for weight we have to be careful, we don’t want people to start being overweight and unhealthy : I’d keep regular body types.

1 Like

@Lel
You are operating under the erroneous assumption that all bigger people are unhealthy and can’t kick butt. There are definitely lots of people out there strong and active and healthy who are just built to carry a little more on them than others. And there are some that aren’t the healthiest all around but could still kill it hardcore in a battle. I’m cool with all of the above.

5 Likes

That hulk example is perfection!
I can also see the appeal of the second example, but that hulk is just… amazing.

1 Like

I didn’t read every single post, so forgive me if this has been mentioned already, but:

Who would go into combat in high heals?

3 Likes

This bad-$#@ woman, apparently. I think it might hurt to take a kick from those.

2 Likes

Thank you everyone for your thoughts!

I just figured out how to use quotes so I will use them.

@RockVenom Lol

Ditto. I had to laugh at Mother North’s pot (is that what she’s holding?). Thank you for the pics of “different” body types. Do you mind if I use your pics as examples?

@Lel I totally agree with you. I don’t want to encourage obesity. Can you perhaps give us a good examples of male heroes with good thick body type that you may want to see in a female version from the game? That would help us make a case.

@RockVenom lol why because I said Friar Tuck is an unlikely hero? I’m not saying “all” bigger people are unhealthy, but that Friar Tuck looks unhealthy to me. :smile:

@Perilin I second that.

@sopclod This woman! (refer to the post after you)

@Garanwyn I love it! Sometimes I feel like doing that, but I don’t wear much heels. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Everyone,
if you have ideas, please post pictures of your ideal “different” types of body. And please, please post respectfully and responsibility (no obscene pictures, use your discretion). The picture should reflect something that you truly would want to see in the game… because, who knows, you may actually see it in your game (and now you have to stare at it if you posted it as a joke). I look forward to hearing and seeing more ideas from you.

2 Likes

@YodaCandy
I don’t own the above images so, whatever you like.

To clarify, my comment about bigger people still being healrhy powerful warriors was in response to Lel’s comment.

In response to your response to Lel’s comment, I think we are in no danger of encouraging obesity. Nearly every aspect of our rich and extensive cultural programming teaches us (unfairly in my opinion) fat=bad. A token effort at showing a little love and positivity towards a bigger body will likely have very little effect on that, unfortunately. So no need to be afraid.

I say bring on the bigger bodied baddasses.

6 Likes

Thank you and Oops, my apologies. I didn’t see that you addressed it to Lel.

:+1:

@RockVenom re: more substantial women heroes:. I don’t know how to post pics but Brunhilde from the Wagnerian Ring cycle comes to mind …

2 Likes

That was a fun rabbit hole to go down. A few Brunhildes for your viewing pleasure. :slight_smile:

1c487c655ac29715dec4b50112887c32

4 Likes

Why do you need this? You use images of heroes for the same purposes as some people use erotic photos? ))

@RockVenom thank you for the Brunhilde pics! That was a fun variety!!!

1 Like

@RockVenom
Yes, thank you for posting the pics! They are beautiful. I find some of them would make interesting additions to the game!

@Helle
? I’m not sure I understand your question, but we are discussing for a wider variety of female body types for the game. They’re not necessarily for erotic purposes although I’m certainly not stopping anyone from considering them as such!

@Joyful818
I second that!

I Like what you are writing and I would also like to see more different kind of Female players both body and age different and transgender players and maybe some, and I would like to se more Ancient heros in this game and maybe a 3.rd Season that is based on the Ancient world of Egypt/Mesopotamia/Babylon/Persia/Greece ore a Future Season with alot of android heros, I dont know but I have many ideas and I have only been playing for like 4-5month now, becusse right now season 2 is youst waiting amd waitin for almost a month to play a couple of bosses and then wait again :confused: no funny it takes away alot of the fun from playing,becusse I love this Game :heart:
Now I was a little bit of topic but I guess alot of us players are rhinking the same as me :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@ScorpiousKopo

I like your ideas. I would also like to see the ancient and future android themes. I tried to look for threads with similar topic, but I couldn’t find them. There may have been events of these themes, but I’m not sure.

1 Like