More variety in female body types and ages

I guess we all grew up with Xena and other hot female hero’s/warriors wonder woman ect even Buffy and co even cartoon characters are drawn to be well :yum:
Anyone remember a female hero/ warrior from a comic movie or something that was not eye candy ???
anyway beauty lies in the eye of the beholder !!
But it’s definitely a little bit of a ridiculous complaint lol
A well shaped female body is just a beautiful thing and nice to look at !!! Sorry if you have self confidence issue’s cause of a fictional character in a game lol
Complain to the makers of Roger rabbit why not that red head was hot
Disney Pocahontas
That’s why it’s fiction in real life no one is perfect
Just imagine that such a beautiful girl has bad breath or smelly feet lol
So no worries

Unfortuanately it IS a very touchy subject for a lot of folks and can get out of hand quickly. (Very understandable) Hence my thoughts of keeping politics out of entertainment.

Anyways I am looking forward to reading peopkes sane and professional responses. It is enlightening.

@anon89026910 oh gee, thanks for the whole hearted support. you go to rallies, but when people say “hey, it would be nice if there is more diverse representation in a work of fiction”, you think people are being silly and should just make their own works of art.

Great logic there.

thanks for the support. :rofl:

1 Like

I thought so. I don’t mean anything as an attack here so please don’t take it that way… Why does the ENTIRE world have to bow to the 1% and have their beliefs cramned down throat? Some people out there might not agree with your lifestyle and find it offensive. Do Why ruin perfectly good time killers and take politics where they belong?

I don’t expect to be treated special for being different, I feel expecting special treatment is where the wrong lies.

Again sorry we don’t see eye to eye.

2 Likes

How has @tinyeyes asked for special treatment? How has she asked for anything to be shoved down anyone’s throat? What do you find so offensive about a female character who is heavier, or middle aged, or a minority, or physically less attractive? After all, it’s all about what the hero can do, right?

6 Likes

@anon89026910 and @tinyeyes please do not turn this request into a pc debate. Instead, please keep to the topic at hand. Ask youself: how does this request impact your gameplay? It doesn’t, really, since the OP isn’t requesting a change to current heroes but rather some new variety in upcoming female heroes. This is just a game, but we all like a little variety in a game, yes?

@YodaCandy I’ve noticed the lack of variety as well, but for opposite reasons: I’m tired of most of the male characters being old men or ugly inhuman brutes. That led me to notice all the eye candy that the male players get (and I actually just made a thread on the topic before noticing this one). I wholeheartedly support your idea for the sake of variety. And also I too was shocked to read that skittles is a girl!

(Also, sabina and valeria are examples of some variety females, with one being a goul thing and the other a vampire)

6 Likes

@tinyeyes @General_Confusion

Answering your questions, I have no issues with diversity in characters. Nor do I feel represented with any of the existing heroes, not even close.
But no matter how hard I try, I can not imagine how some game char can make someone feel good about themselves, or help to overcome traumatic experiences.
It is not my intention to offend anyone, or discriminate, or try to silence opinions. God, no.
It is just that I really don’t think this is the right place to advocate for the rights of minorities.
Here we talk about stats, strategies, events and how bad RNG treat us.
This is a GAME forum, troll’s paradise, and these kind of threads quickly turns into a pandemonium of personal attacks and offenses.

5 Likes

Couldn’t have said it better myself @DotCom

3 Likes

@Kerridoc @Rook @Petri

Another time bomb thread

Probably should he prepared to close it at some point

1 Like

I have to say, this one has so far managed to stay far more civil than the last two on a related topic.

Kudos to the participants so far.

5 Likes

Thanks, I’ve been watching closely.

3 Likes

Hmm. I don’t feel represented by any card yet. I mean, no card is short, heavy, middle-aged, glasses, with a predilection for coffee and cats. :grin:

I don’t expect reality from a fantasy game. I’m perfectly happy to choose from a stable of pretty cards and say “I choose this to represent me.”

Do I want more cards? Absolutely. But I’m not pounding the drum for older, ah more generous, grey-haired ladies. I can have that whenever I want to look in a mirror (minus the grey); I play a fantasy game for a reason. :grin:

6 Likes

Yup! Good call. I can’t think of any older female other than Skitleskull… and it took me forever to realize she was female. :wink:

2 Likes

Was not female chars in particular… It is where it can go.

I apoliogize for having troubles posing what ai mean. Thus us such a tendr subject, it’s hard to say what you wanna say without offending the majority.

Happy to try and answer questions to my thought process asclong as not attacking me. No ones done that do far but concerns me.

I love convos like this as long as kept civil… Which so far has happened. I know I’ve probably not explained properly… I welcome healthy debate and I may have been taken wrong or I might just be that guy… Which is why I find this convo great. I might learn sinethin in my ood age. Quite a bit older than the average 20 yr old (bot call8nf all out, i know there’s great one out there) i may actually make myself a better person

2 Likes

Wad a different comment… Prolly replied to wwrong one.

Remember, this is a SUGGESTION thread…
We all see the crap in life, this is a getaway.

That being said, I do not care how creative you are, people run out of ideas. I am sure that the developers are going through these threads looking for a sense of fulfillment in their creation.

And a good idea always breathes life into creativity.

Who REALLY wants to read about the crap of the world we are trying to escape.

Thank you developers…

1 Like

Exactly. And personally, when I escape I want to see pretty things- from the scenery to the architecture to the people. If I want to look at ugly things I can look in the mirror or go outside and stare at the "glorious" soviet- style city blocks. I don’t need some fat, hairy dude in my pretty fantasy game to feel represented. This whole thing with representation is weird to me, I just don’t see the need for it. You have all sorts of heroes in this game- white, black, asian, even green and yellow. And sexuality plays no role in it and is never mentioned.

What happened to people actually enjoying movies and games? I’ve watched tons of movies and save from a few high school/ university stories I can’t remember feeling "represented". That doesn’t mean I don’t enjoy watching war movies or sci- fi. Why can’t people empathize with characters anymore? I think people should root for characters because they empathize with their struggle and not because they share the same skin colour/ sexuality/ body mass with them. Sorry for the rant, but this whole “representation” and “politically correct” stuff has been getting on my nerves lately. While I have no problem with it in fantasy/ sci- fi and modern settings it has the potential to completely ruin the historical genre (e.g. Battlefield V).

1 Like

Well, I like the idea of varity and I can only remember one female character which was outside of the “normal” scheme and this started this weard discussion!

1 Like

I thought a male witch was called a warlock

That’s why after all we came to the concusion that skittlescull is indeed a female :wink: