Minion Madness Vol.II - Age of the 4 * heroes

Some time ago with the inflation of minion heroes, there was a trend using them everywhere. But back then those heroes were hard to get, season 3 and event heroes and some Hotm. Easier to get minion heroes were nearly non existent, 3* heroes mostly only used for tournaments and with buddy a single 4* who only gave minions to 3.

Will minions become the new meta?
Minion madness is here, are you ready?

Now the time of minions is mostly over, mana pushing and ultra hard hitting Aoe heroes are crowding the leader boards of pvp.

But long after the rise and fall of minion meta there is some kind of Renaissance. And not only for those super lucky with endless pulls but for the broader mass. Now it’s time for Minion Madness Vol.II - Age of the 4 * heroes.

With recent events and w3k there was a nice increase of relative “easy” to get minion heroes for everyone. And they are able to hold their own even in today’s brutal raid environment.
They are sturdier than many of the old 5* heroes many c2p or f2p rely on. They hit really hard, and have nice secondary effects and with the new family bonus from w3k they profit enormously in such teams.

After getting Xiahou Dun this time I had a complete set of w3k 4* heroes, paired with Mielikki it’s just a joy to play with. The manaboost for each minion recived makes them extremely fast (with Mielikkis minions even faster). And the survivability is just insane. Each minion heals all w3k (and Mielikki heals herself when she has low health) and on top you get (a lot) of extra hp in form of minions much faster than you would get real overheal with those mostly slow 4* over healers.

With that team I came relative easily toward the top 100 cup area. I avoided complete meta teams, especially Xno tanks (it’s just nearly impossible to kill him fast enough with a nearly rainbow team and when he charges all his allies at the same time it’s game over) same with Ludwig, if you can’t dispel him or block the mana reliable there is not much to do with 4* heroes when something like Khufu fires 3 times in 4 turns…
But beside those two I didn’t avoid anything (I’m pretty sure Hulda would have ■■■■■■ me too, but I didn’t encounter her), some of the teams were far above the league I would normally battle with 4* heroes, and some I would even reroll with 5* heroes when I try to fill my chest.

I’m really looking forward to the next 4* tournament. That team, or something similar depending on rules and color restrictions should be extremely fun to play (and hopefully also really successful)

• Disclaimer, yeah I know easy to get is quite relativ, you still need a lot of luck or at least a decent amount of pulls. But compared to the 5* heroes available until not so long ago it was never easier to build a team relying heavily on minions.
For those interested in the journey and the opponents I faced

That was the highest I came, started with 3 flags and took another flask after that. No real chance against that team, would have needed a minion killer on my side, maybe gormek k.

That was the only team where I needed 2 tries.

Screenshot_20220917_161345

And the last one, already inside top 100, defeated me 2 times before I ran out of energy.

13 Likes

:thumbsup: 20 characters

2 Likes