šŸ» [May 22, 2020] Tavern of Legends Event ā€“ FAQ & Team Discussion

Maybe it should just respawn every time you beat it until all of your heroes are used.

3 Likes

Essentially what I suggested in Beta Feedback (see the drop down below the bit you quoted)

1 Like

Iā€™ll follow your lead and post mine

Basically I am just going to follow @IvyTheTerribleā€™s general idea, tweaked a bit.

Strategy: Everyone, attack!

Stages 1-5

Use as many spare teams as is required to finish these levels.

More spare heroes, if desperate.

Stages 1-5 Reinforcements

If the spare teams fail the calvary here are readyā€¦

Iā€™ll also use these teams to try and finish stages 6-7 perhaps, if Iā€™m successful.

Stages 6-10

Iā€™m a mostly rainbow kind of PvE guy, except in raids.

12 Likes

anyone has the latest stages info for the event?

Any info how far would be unleveled 5s good?

Can i do 4th stage with lets say elkanen,sif,ratatoskr,kagan,marjana all on 1/1?

No way to say until we actually see the stages, I figure. Colors will matter, too.

I have to say Iā€™m really excited about this new mode of play. It sounds like a very interesting challenge. I hope the rewards are commensurate with the difficulty.

Maxed out 3*s would be better?

I have beefy 3s with emblems and want to use them for 5 or even 6 partially :slight_smile:

As much as it pains me to say, because I love to jump straight in, but itā€™s best to wait for some good soul who has a great/big bench/roster to finish and let us know more details.
I am going to do this - despite not wanting to - because I really do want he best chance of completing it.

I do love the idea and the fact itā€™s different and feels like it will be a challenge. Proper planning and strategy.

7 Likes

Optimal tool. You just have to create an account, send your heroes with level, emblems and ascension on the page and your heroes will already be inside. Once inside you can assemble your teams for events, war etc.

Gamers unite! I plan to do this, even though my 75th strongest hero is supposedly a level 60 Melendor. Well, some 3* heroes that get rare action will be given a chance anyway.
It would be cool to set up a list of players, each taking one level to be the first to explore and report. As I wrote that I thought climbing a ladder like this as an alliance, one hit per player might be a nice activity. Cleanups?

2 Likes

Finished this afternoon. Awesome tool. Made teams, took screenshots, then put team power in via photoshop. So I have a good guide of where I can mix teams depending on mob/boss color.

Wasnā€™t sure how to add my alliance name thoughā€¦
:thinking:

Weird question? can we or can we not use the same troops over and over

You can :slight_smile:

The roster mastery is basically like your war hits. Each HERO can only be used once. Troops are exempt from this as they are in wars :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Iā€™m guessing you go 4-1 or mono on titans and challenge events yeah? Is it just a comfort thing or do you think 3-2 is better way to go for this type of challenge?

For reference: I usually go mono for events, maps, and war, 4-1 for titans, 3-2 for raids. I was initially thinking of going mono for last 4 stages but re-evaluaating if 3-2 is better

Yeah, 4-1 for titans. Mono in blue team (cause the 1 is always miki)

Usually Mono (red or blue)

Mostlyā€¦ Switching the type of team you use takes time to practice & get in the hang of it againā€¦ For me, I am used to looking at the board & assessing how Iā€™ll get my main 2 colours to popā€¦ I donā€™t find it too hard to switch to looking for just 1 colour in Challenge Events cause I already practice it for Titans.

So yeah, its mostly a comfort thingā€¦ the old adage ā€œPractice makes perfectā€

3 Likes

Anyone thinking of saving legends coins instead of using them immediately, in case ToL undergoes a costume-chamber-like overhaul? Right now, the odds of pulling an old HotM are just awful, and no chance at the current HotM to boot. I donā€™t anticipate a lot of spending on this portal as-is. That might prompt SGG to make adjustments.

4 Likes

Are there any restrictions on bringing items? If not, I was thinking of just bringing weak heroes and carpet bombing the bosses of every stage. Then for harder levels, bring 1 maxed AOE 5* and 4 unleveled 1* heroes (or weaker 3* heroes) along with small mana potion, mana potion, and super mana potion. Then just use mana potions on the 5* from the start and fire him off like 4-5 times. Should kill everyone.

We are allowed items. The only problem with carpet bombing is itā€™s not sustainable. Iā€™m having a hard time just keeping up with items for the titans!

Itā€™s be cool if Tavern didnā€™t end at level 10, but just kept going, basically, ā€œforeverā€. ā€œForeverā€ being raised power by 200 until you run out of heros to use or simply cannot pass a level. Iā€™m imagining trying to find a hero fit to beat a 5000 or 5200 power stage. Would be a fun challenge.