šŸ» [May 22, 2020] Tavern of Legends Event ā€“ FAQ & Team Discussion

6 teams :crazy_face:

Actually, it might need 8ā€¦

1 Like

Layla got to come out and play. First time since the 2 star RT. She is the only 2 star I saved, emblems and all.

Layla for the kill. Look at the smile on her face

5 Likes

It would have to be really sh***y teams to get hit 8 timesā€¦4 is the most I have seen a board flip and 99% of our matches have boards flipped thrice and some change

I greatly enjoyed the challenge but the ROI not worth it. If the chance for ANY of the old HOTM was 5% vs 1% and that % is taken for the 3*'s it would make more sense.

1 Like

Yes 8 is unrealistic but technically possible. :rofl:

Grinding my way through this. Up to tier 9 now. Did the first summon, and got Boril, which is pretty solid - heā€™s a 4* at least.

1 Like

@zephyr1 i found the tavern kinda easy because i thought the enemy heroes had kind of slow mana instead their normal mana speed, in beta where they like this too? Is this a kind of bug? Did you find the same thing when you tried in beta and did it in live?

1 Like

Yes, great concept but no rewards. will never spend a gem again on this event. Itā€™s pointless

1 Like

Iā€™m not sure if it was like that in Beta too, but it has been noted by many players, and reported as a potential bug: Tavern of Legends - Boss Mana Speeds

1 Like

Went from the opposite side in a way with items: stage 1-3 empty unleveled 3*, all the way to stage 9 - leveled 3*. Axes, bombs, dragon attacks take out 4500 HP, you get to bosses, then just kill them with items :slight_smile:
Thatā€™s why I think mana is so slow - itā€™s stretched along with HP, so you canā€™t do the same all the way to the end.
And yes, pointless effort with no reward - two 3* at the draw. Might as well skip it.

Moreover, advanced players already have all classic 3* and 4* heroes + most classic 5*. So the odds to get yet another feeder are over 98% (over 99% for long time spenders who already have several of the old HotM)

Therefore, even if the event should get more challenging and more rewarding it would still take several months or even years to get ONE useful hero out of it :roll_eyes: That would already be an improvement to the current average waiting time of two or three or more years but still not hurt SGGā€™s revenue from spenders (as getting a specific HoTM, say Gravemaker, would still extremely unlikely)

I acknowledge the fact that this is a FAQ and team discussion topic, but I think this event would be great if it was like very hard to complete, with no option to continue the fight with gems if you fail (just like war), but on the other hand when you finish it you have a guaranteed old HotM from only 1 special coin/token you get to finish it.

I understand that this would be bad for business, but it would be so exciting and F2P friendly! Letā€™s say someone has been playing for 3 years with a lot of dedication, has mainly obtained heroes from training camps and has many dupes, and would now be rewarded for keeping and levelling a lot of nice vanilla 5 star heroes like Lianna and having a good strategy : this kind of players should be rewarded. Thereā€™s still a chance he would not get the one HotM he or she likes (maybe getting Margaret or Neith who are not regarded as very strong heroes) but that would be a reasonable chance.

And for those who like gambling and donā€™t have much patience the portal would be accessible by gemsā€¦

This way I would really like the event!

Now to get back on track with the topic, I realized that I underrated my current roster, I tried to secure victory in the first 8 stages. So nĀ°7 and nĀ°8 were a piece of cake but I still had good but not so strong heroes after stage 8. For nĀ°9 I painstakingly won with a team that was not very efficient.

I think the recommended TP applies for rainbow teams, if you stack, you can easily beat the stages with lower TP teams.

Tavern was fun. But I only got Azar, Isshtak and Friar Tuck from the portal.

PS : also, Iā€™m also happy to know that itā€™s possible to summon old HotM every month, and not having to wait for months their return in the Atlantis portal. People really got crazy about Gravemaker at the beginning of the month. So this event is still very interesting in that regard. As a player who started only last year, there are many heroes now accessible that I never thought I could get like Alberich or Gravemaker. Now I probably wonā€™t get them either (lol) but itā€™s possible.

1 Like

Iā€™ve been playing for almost 2 years now.
Thatā€™s why I have a lot of heroes.
Few are really good ones because I donā€™t pay much money.
I very much welcome the further little chance of old monthly heroes, even if it is a little too small in my opinion.
I didnā€™t notice that you can extend it with gems.
I was able to finish the first 3 levels with unleveld 4 and 5 star heroes (which I still keep for the Hero Academy).
Only from level 5 did I have to resort to 4 *.
Level 9 and 10 I mostly used 5 stars.
All in all, I had about 30% heroes as a reserve.

Conclusion:
The chances of old monthly heroes should maybe be a little better. If you can easily finish it like me, you hardly need S1 heroes, especially not 3 and 4 stars.

From the summoning portal, whales are actually only hunting the myztero, the chances to bekome him are close to 0.
He will certainly not end up in many defenses because his traits can be set to 0 simply by selecting the heroes.

All in all, I think it worked, wish would be S2 instead of S1 or a higher chance of old monthly heroes.

How often is it gonna be?

Every month I guess ā€¦

1 Like

The Tavern of Legends quest will be a monthly event. It will start on every 3rd or 4th Friday each month.

1 Like

Hello all,

Sorry if it has already been said but i donā€™t see the information,

-So they will add one past hero of the month each month, so if iā€™m correct itā€™s better to wait right ? Because the more you wait the more interesting heroes there will be month by month ?

-Another point : Will there be each month, one different secret hero or it will be the same next month ?

Thanks

Sorry, man, but if you spent gems to rescue a lost level, thatā€™s on you.

There have been complaints about the hot garbage from the summons and completely inadequate level rewards for the last two days now.

Thank you so mucho :kiss:

1 Like

@RkHunter Be patient! We all started where you are now. It sucks not having a strong enough team or enough players to complete the events, quests and tournaments. But keep plugging away! As you work your way through Season 1 and Season 2, you grow and build! Before you know it, youā€™re breezing through these events without a sweat! Good luck and keep up the fight! :wink: