May 2024 Balance Update - Discussion

Please share your thoughts on the latest balance changes!

Announcement:

Make sure to also check out our FAQ on hero balancing:

4 Likes

The already OP Gargoyles and Owl buffed ???

What are they on, and can I have some ?

24 Likes

Why did they remove the counter attack for Garten? That’s his whole thing! I’ve nearly had it with these devs.

26 Likes

i cant belive they destroy Garten, my fav hero , dont need another hiller :confused:

14 Likes

He was my guy for the toons. Damnit

1 Like

@Tidyup unfortunately, as we feared, no buff for Magaret :sweat_smile:

7 Likes

So… Owls get an update… And what about Fulvia??? Ths is the one people have been begging for an improvement… And all she gets is a passive?

The passive is nice and is very useful against Nautica. But no other balance update for Fulvia…

Not necessary… they were already strong enough. Now, the rest of the team just becomes near-to-impossible to kill.

Good!

6 Likes

Only good if you don’t have him!

10 Likes

Atlantis costume bonus PLEASE!!!

14 Likes

Owls to take on Nautica now?

Pophit a little bit better.

Garten completely changed (yes, now heals directly instead of via the riposte but completely different threat now). The softskin to all allies is a benefit, although not clear this improves Garten. Personally believe it will make it slightly easier to beat teams with Garten but battles will be even more annoyingly slow.

RANT: The intentional slowing of the game is so insanely annoying (started with Luna, now Odile, etc) and it grates that they now sell “speedy play”. Intentionally making the player experience worse in order to sell something is a clear indication that they no longer care about the future. Fear the Garten adjustment will slow the game too…

13 Likes

Suzuna update from healing 200 HP per turn to 250 HP per turn. OK :no_mouth:

2 Likes

True… The counter attack was just too much on this one. Could just have been reduced to e.g. 80% as well for me, but the 115% was too high.

7 Likes

Yes it does seem that way. They aren’t concerned with our experience. It’s less fun now, more enraging and they just seem to not care in the slightest

7 Likes

atlantis costume bonus ignored once again … it is the lowest!

the other buffs i don’t mind even when some are too much…

please look at the worst heros at each event and buff them considerably more… examples of forgotten families: Slayers, S2, villains, mystery, …

9 Likes

Saying this as one for whom Pophit is my “Most Powerful Hero”: Unnecessary buff. I’ll take it and exploit it, but it wasn’t needed.

2 Likes

I can not believe that these specific owls were the ones they decided to buff. Sitting here with my Ommodus like

8 Likes

What is so disappointing is that they could avoid enraging us if they chose to.

Perhaps it is like politics, enraged players pay (voters vote), the ones that leave are more than made up for by the ones that increase spending until suddenly the entire thing collapses.

Such a shame because the game used to give pleasure most all of the time, now it is only occasional.

The parallels to destructive drug usage is too high for my liking

12 Likes

Love the way this is presented as part of a “Balance Update” when, in reality, it is a fix to something they screwed up due to the ongoing lack of QA/QC.

22 Likes

Well, it’s absolutely disgraceful to take away Garten’s counterattack. I pumped him up just for the sake of a counterattack. It doesn’t look good when the hero’s mechanics change

29 Likes