May 2023 TENTATIVE Calendar (Trials, Rare Quests, Mirages Of Omega, Aether Summon, Tower Of Magic, Atlantis, Covenant Summon, Valhalla, Dynasty Of Dunes, Tavern Of Legends, Mighty Pets, MT, Contest Of Elements, Underwild, SE, and Ninja Tower)

thank you, and all creators, for all your hard work!!

3 Likes

Eek, running out of office hours today for SE announcement expected this week

1 Like

I have asked a follow up from Petri earlier today, but I still have not received any answer.

4 Likes

I have received an answer where Staff said it is still under discussion.
So we will not get an update on this before next week.

They also said that the official calendar will be updated once it is decided

11 Likes

I really think it might be pushed back until after the ā€œbalanceā€ update. Too many moving parts for them to put heroes out there that are both valuable and not going to get backlash for ā€œbait and switchā€ if they do it before the update. I sure hope not, I need slots!

3 Likes

That actually makes a lot of sense. Look how people lost it over having traded for Ludwig and Milena and then seeing them up for ā€œbalancingā€. Might be a good strategy for SGG, even if it messes up some folksā€™ planning. Probably wonā€™t affect me either way, as I probably wonā€™t have enough dupes to trade again for a while.

3 Likes

this is such bad timing for me lol, this would be my first Soul Exchange, and I have 22 dupes just sitting in my roster lol

4 Likes

Thankx @Zartanis :wink::wink::wink::wink:

1 Like

Nowhere because rare quests, just like regular and omega quests comes at random as said many times already. The rotation is fixed but the interval between two rare quests is random between 5 to 9 days.

7 Likes

As it is Tuesday I have asked for an update from Petri about Soul Exchange.
I will let you know when he answers.

22 Likes

I may or may not have checked this thread five times in the last two hoursā€¦

3 Likes

so did i, expected something with the minor update we just had (v57.0.1)

Just minor subtle / internal bug fixes. They donā€™t need to push a new build to set the SE or any other events.

6 Likes

thanks, didnt know that

1 Like

Thankx for the information

Petri answered to me, but he still could not provide any further information for me :frowning:

19 Likes

20 characters of sigh

1 Like

It is long past time that SG got rid of the ā€œrandomā€ and ā€œno Rare during Challenge weekā€ conditions.

SG has no problem piling up other quests at times, and pretty arguably most all players rely on the one reliable source of earnable-in-game 4* ascension materials. It should be a very easy fix to make Rare quests always appear at a fixed time at some point on Monday or Tuesday and drop this charade.

It seems ridiculous that Rare quests are mostly regular ā€” to the extent that pretty much all the calendars on this and such threads include them even during Challenge weeks ā€” but that SGā€™s ā€œrandomnessā€ seems to have a penchant for slipping later just before a Challenge Event.

Thereā€™s no reason a Rare and Challenge need overlap (or overlap significantly), but so what if they do? Overlapping events are hardly anathema these days generally.

10 Likes

I was just stating the current state of the game without giving any personal opinion on the matter.
And as for my opinion since you answered to my message, itā€™s pretty much the same as you. Maybe not make it with a fixed interval between two occurrences if thatā€™s too much for SGG (though it would be even better for the players, but if they can do it, Mirages of Omega quests should also be made to appear with a fixed interval), but at least get rid of the stupid internal rule saying that a rare quest cannot overlap a challenge event. I donā€™t think they implemented that rule for any other random quests (actually random as decided by the server on its own, that includes only common, uncommon, rare and omega quests; ToL, Costume Chamber, Covenant Quests and whatever other ā€œquest-likeā€ events are not popped randomly by the server but are scheduled by SGG).
Now, let me go up vote your change request :smiley:

8 Likes

No problem ā€” I wasnā€™t taking issue with you saying so, just saying that itā€™s long past time to change it, and rabblerousing to that effect :slight_smile:

And thanks for your support! Iā€™m not under any big illusions about the likelihood of success, butā€¦ making a ruckus on the forumsā€™ Ideas subforum seems like our best play**. (And as Iā€™ve pointed out before, if we were the kind of players to let low odds dissuade us, weā€™d have stopped summoning for new heroes a long time ago :wink: )

**especially after the last time that I tried to get a straight answer from Support about this matter

3 Likes