[Master Discussion] Summer Solstice Summon 2022 - FAQ, Discussion, Offers, Summons Results

BTW, I counted 210 total 5* (including June HOTM), not 202

2 Likes

they have to add costumes to heroes who already have costumes. if not. this is not very interesting. I better wait for CF 1 and CF 2 (no heroes from s1 either)!!
summer soltice is biggest ■■■■

4 Likes

They have not done this for black Friday. What makes you think they would suddenly add costumes into a similar portal?

Because on BF the amount of non-S1 costumes was very limited, to but a few HotMs and seasonal heroes. Now the amount of costumes in the game is much bigger, including epics and rares, and as they are hidden behind the paywall and quite often stronger, they became significant part of game balance and roster strength. In solstice summon you basically pay more per pull to pull a worse version of a hero, and the only upside is that that your feeders will not be the S1 classics but S2 base heroes. Cool but no thanks.

12 Likes

Agreed. This portal needs costumes.

7 Likes

Yup. Agree. By the time BF 2.0 comes around, if there are no costumes, it will have even less value.

Unless player wants the Bonus chest for their own reasons.

2 Likes

It’s SG what do you expect, if they can restrict features, they will. Why do you think they specifically restrict the pulling of hotms from LHTs?
They’re telling us ‘we have this portal with slightly better pull chance. Also, remember our SE choices LoLo, BK and LOTL. We ain’t doing anymore extra stuff, be grateful about this’

Well, of course I expect nothing but a greedy move. Even the “generous gift from the gods” like Soul Exchange is intentionally giving away the naked versions of heroes who are getting the paywalled costumes.

Just saying, the fact that BF had this precedence and still was generally loved by the players and brought them a ****ton of revenue just in time for Christmas, doesn’t mean the solstice whatever will be the same. The value of those pulls dropped significantly since November, the price will probably not get adjusted at all and randomness will be even higher. All making it only less cool.

5 Likes

My gripe is the pull rate has not increased a lot. I believe BF was 2.2%? They’ve introduced a crap ton of heroes now and only had the decency to increase the pull rate by 0.1%. If this was a full percent, maybe not getting costumes could be justified, since it’s ‘easier’ than before.

1 Like

It gave me a nasty turn seeing that HOTM was down as Balbar. Then I realised that of course the up-to-date information panel wasn’t out yet so this was the Black Friday version :grin:

You know what? I think I’m going to pass. There are a large number of heroes I don’t have in this portal, but a fair few I do have, and quite a few more that I’m not interested in at all. I have, for example, not a single legendary from any of the new events and missing 17 from the old ones - but how many are actually desirable? And of those, how many will I have the mats to level in the next year? The lack of costumes is a deterrent too.

3 Likes

They will probably give customes for black friday portal to differentiate with this Solstice summon and pull money twice :wink:

// and ofcourse for future versions

Actually, BF was the exact same: 2.3% for unfeatured, 0.2% for the two Gargoyles.

If you look at the photo where it’s stated, it says the HOTM is Balbar - the HOTM that was active during Black Friday - so that data/screenshot actually comes straight from that portal.

2 Likes

Maybe hold then for BF 2.0 ? They may add in some costumes. Maybe for 3/4*. Maybe.

Yeah I noticed that as well after I wrote that post, so it’s even worse. A huge slap in the face

2 Likes

Whoever is deciding to spend and is willing to wait until black friday, I would advise him to do that. SG usually always tries to ‘‘one up’’ :wink:

3 Likes

For me the game is “DEAD”. :joy:

would be even great if SG removed all the 3* and 4* and only 5* are featured.

I doubt they’ll ever add in costumes in these “big” portals, tbh.

It’s the only reason they can have this event - especially without S1 - as the old event 5* that have costumes essentially become the new S1… that’s the point. They’re never gonna give away all the heroes - at their strongest - so you’d only ever have to summon from this event alone.

Leaving costumes out ensures there’s some advantage to pulling outside of this portal. Or else everyone and their mother (who’re patient enough) will only spend gems here. Since it seems this may be a bi-yearly thing… (maybe even more frequent, in the coming months)

(Not that I wouldn’t love costumes personally, but from a business perspective, it makes sense to me why they run it like this)

6 Likes

Here is why, they will put costumes in this portal as well :

• Costumes arent the strongest options out there, but they can compete with the strongest
  • There are almost 300 heroes already ( someone counted 280?) and I am sure that till Black Friday, there will be more than 300.
  • Chances of obtaining a specific hero are slimmest to none, so its quite a safe bet on SG part. / you would rather pull for specific hero in a portal, when he is featured.
  • They need to get us to pull twice, thats why all the people who will go all in on Solstice summons, will be enticed to pull in Black friday event beacuse costumes are included as well…

Seems pretty reasonable, doesnt it? :slight_smile:

It’s a great portal and I wish everyone the best of crazy stupid luck but for me I have maybe a pull or two is my budget.

1 Like