[Master Discussion| - Legendary Troops and Legendary Troop Portal

3% chance with an average of 3 successes for 26’000 gems and I cant save a few gems because epic tokens are now about as useful as grey portal tokens (feeder material only).

Id swear but some turd would flag the post.

Another move to hasten my exit.

6 Likes

I can’t think straight today, but can you please explain why you wouldn’t use the 5* troops for fast? I would assume it wouldn’t change any breakpoints for fast, but that it would for average :sweat_smile:

# Start Time End Time Featured Troops Duration
1 2024-01-04T07:00:00Z 2024-01-07T07:00:00Z Fighter + Cleric 3 Days

will featured troops have some additional chance and odds to be pulled or?

2 Likes

Well, for all fast heroes the 2% mana node wouldn´t be enough. You would need the 4 % Mana node, a bard or costume bonus.

7 Likes

Trying this new look would not make you a trend setter, it would make you a conformist.

Lets be honest, we can see already that the vast majority of players are going to fall in line with this new troop system, despite all the extra work its going to require.

1 Like

i’m definitely not spending gems just for a meagre chance to get legendary troops!

try typing in ^#&$!@)($)!#($)!(@#$)!(@#)($)!@($ , it’s therapeutic!

of course, just stating facts and setting the record straight :slight_smile:

amen, even if it’s not likely, let’s aim high and hope for the best :smiley:

4 Likes

@Kenzo to add to @Godon7137 's answer,

seems that Fast heroes can charge in 7 tiles (-1 tile from the normal 8) if they reach 15% mana bonus

8 Likes

Wrapping up:

Anyone with leveled critical/ninja troops and/or more than 3 epic troops per element will surely benefit from a conversion. There is no real reason to convert faster mana troops if the mana drop disrupts offensive combos, AT THIS POINT*. I.e. 3 fast heroes need 7 tiles to charge. With the mana drop one of them might drop to 8 tiles, which is crucial.

There is strong evidence, 5 troops will be availlable for LB, reach level 50 and probably mana gen +15%. Then mana troops can be converted beyond any doubt.

6 Likes

We can say that, as the chance of getting other class of legendary troops will be 0%.

I have adjusted the Featured Troops to “Available Legendary Troops” in the column header for more clarity.

7 Likes

zero, Zero, ZERO!
I agree…

1 Like

Kithyyyyyyy, WOW :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: did you convert a crit troop? I might level up a 23 mana troop to 26 and convert it, I have not done anything yet :face_with_peeking_eye:

1 Like

Idk if it was asked or answered before:
If my goal is to level an epic troop to Level 26 and convert it into a legendary troop, what is the best strategy in regards to feeder troops?

I have quite a bit of trainer troops and feeder troops. Let’s not look into food/iron cost to make it simple. Just trying to figure out an efficient way to get to lvl26 in epic and lvl30 in legendary.

Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

Another thing that bothers me is the 300 emblem cost. I need my emblems for my heroes. It’s going so slow as it is now. 1800 emblems for a legendary hero and its legendary troop.

But hey, at least we get 22 emblems from the trials. And don’t forget the 2 free emblems we get each month from an offer. Thank god… :roll_eyes:

8 Likes

I feel for the conversion, they should have at least converted to a much higher level than level 1. In recognition of what it took to get the old troops maxed.

I did say “what the hay”, and converted/maxed the blue minotaur last night. Afterwards, I asked myself if I was truly willing to invest in these….My answer is no, other than converting my 4 “critical” mistakes (I never use the crits anyway). I’m not willing to go the long road with these new troops.

1 Like

maybe i missed it but what to they mean in some passives like “Attack buffs are 8% more effective”

is it like 30% attack boost becomes 38% or approximately 33% (8% of the 30% is roughly 3%)

what about the special skill passive (+8% direct damage from special skills)? @PlayForFun that passive isn’t mentioned in the topic btw

will a hero doing 200% damage to all be doing 208% or 216% (8% or 200 is 16) or just plain 8% extra damage from the total damage output (example 200% does 500 damage so it will be 540? 8% or 500 is 40)

3 Likes

That’s why we can BUY the emblem offers now, along with everything else. Spend, spend, spend! And then you can be happy

or not like me

2 Likes

At this rate it will be ‘bye’, not ‘buy’…

5 Likes

FAST heroes need 8 tiles to fire. It takes 15% to get them to 7 tiles.
(6 tiles takes 34%. Currently you can get Luna to 6 tiles with mana troop, mana node, Bard and a Masked god, but that is a rare case)

So any fast hero will fire at 7 tiles with either Mana, Magic or Styx troop.
11% mana from 5* troops means that you need another 4%

Druid, Sorcerer and Monk have 4% mana node, so they will still fire at 7 tiles

Other ways to get to 7 tiles include
A bard in your team
If your hero is from either of the following families; Legends 2017, Morlovia; Pirate, Sakura, Wonderland.
IF NONE of these apply, consider carefully if you will accept the extra tile.

I am considering Phorcys for my first 5* troop. He is a monk so he will still fire in 7. He has a useful passive and will have a total of 40% chance to resist ailments. I have quite a few other Monks/Sorceresses in dark, and for some of them the troop is not relevant, but for Amethyst and Diaochan most definitely

AVERAGE heroes need 10 tiles to fire. It takes 12% to get them to 9 tiles.
This means that ANY hero where you have chosen the mana node (which you should always always do in my opinion) will be ready in 9 tiles.

With a bard and a magic/styx troop you can get an average to fire in 8 tiles. I use this as often as I can, but that will be lost with legendary troops. This is fine, I will consider the legendary troop then mostly for other team set-ups than this.

Slow heroes go from 12 to 11 in 10% so no problem. Most slow heroes today will fire in 10, as this takes 20%, but that will be hard with the legendary troop. Therefore consider carefully if you want to do a legendary troop for your slow favourite hero

8 Likes

I also did this analysis on healing on magic vs 5* troops

Tanks who do not heal, will be able to take much more punishment.
Example: Brimstone
(I calculated robustness as Def + HP/2)

Is the 25% increase in Robustness worth it for the lower mana gain? It will certainly catch some opponents of guard.

But how will this affect tanks who heal?
Myoin-Ni comes to mind

Bear in mind she needs a different class troop.

Myoin boosts health a set amount, so her healing will not be affected by her increased HP, and she will have lost the 22% healing bonus.
But on first/second/third charge this means 81/117/132 HP. While her base HP has increased with 832 HP and her def has increased. That is a more than fair trade.

If the hero heals in %, that makes the case even better. If a support hero is to heal Myoin-Ni in these different set-ups with a standard 40% regular heal, the potential is the following:
(I have included the healing bonus from troops only, as other factors like emblems will stay the same)

She will still heal 15% more then with the healing bonus from troops, due to the high HP

Also – the passives play a part, but some of these are hard to utilize. For the two above, Brimstone is a barbarian and gets +8% effectiveness from attack buffs. So he is dependent on the buff, but he has attack up as a aether power. Myoin-Ni is a druid and gets -10% damage from ailments. This is timeless, so more useful in some cases, but a burn from Aradia will still hurt at 90%

To me it seems that Rogue, Cleric and Sorcerer are most universally useful, alongside Wizard if they deal damage with their special

So I conclude that tanks, both non-healing and healing will benefit from the legendary troops.

Sorry for the dark text in the tables :see_no_evil:

11 Likes

I would use regular elemental troops to feed your intended epic-sacrifice. Starting with 1* for the early stages, maybe up to level 5 at least. If you can push higher, great.

Then start mixing in 2*. To at least level 10 or maybe 12 or 15.

After that, start using 3* while holding off on 1* except as necessary to reach as close as you can get to level up. To level 25.

From 26 onwards, use only 3/4*, with the odd 1/2* to reach as close as possible to level up.

Hold your trainer troops for emergencies (just can’t get enough elemental feeders) or for your 5* troop project.

After all that hard work, you surely deserve to fast level a 5* troop within an hour with those trainer troops and iron crates!

2 Likes