[Master Discussion] Birthday Summon 2024 - FAQ, Discussion, Offers, Summons Results

almost perfect. Too bad the hero bonus isn’t an Ariel costume. otherwise this would be a perfect pulls.

19 Likes

My countdown SHOULD be until March 1st, yesterday I had the inbox message saying 4 days, it was about 9am or 10am UK time, but I am unsure exactly what time on the 1st it will be - maybe as soon as it turns to the 1st, or maybe 7/8am when events etc start, or maybe even later.

So does this look right for you guys or did I miss anything or get anything wrong?

Feb 29th:
£18 - 3,600 Gems (Untold + Underwild - In-game)
-£2.57 - Google Rewards
£15.43

TODAY (Feb 27th)
£10 - 1000 Gems(POV Web)
£15 - 2250 (Web)
£2 - 2x 100 Gem (In-game store)

£42.43 - 7,050 Gems

If so then that is definitely better than my previous

It seems like nobody is getting anything great. Very yuck

1 Like

I just realized that the heroes that you can select, if not picked to be featured, don’t go into the pool of non-featured 5* heroes. This is horrible considering the non-featured pool doesn’t have that great of a selection. So basically worst than ToL and on top of that, it’s pulls by gems only.

2 Likes

Just did a 10 pull and got …

I’m usually not this lucky. I’ve wanted Pepperflame for the longest time but now got Pophit. Between these two, not sure which is better but I’m glad to finally get one with the defense down ailment and penalty on cleansing!

11 Likes

I was tempted to summon,then I remember all the disappointed posts I read about doing 10- or 30-pulls in Solstice or Black Friday and getting bad results… and decided to hold off on summoning now :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Look forward to my disappointed Birthday Summon post on Friday to strengthen your resolve! :laughing:

3 Likes

This is good summon…:ok_hand:t2::star_struck::see_no_evil:

41 Likes

Wow, that is insane luck, I hope I’ll have half as much luck that you had

1 Like

Happy birthday RandaPanduh!

May the portal

be nice to you!

3 Likes

Thinking if its better to pull 30 at once or 3 times 10? More chances for different featured heroes or all in on 3 choices and two new ones?

I think luck is luck no matter how you put it. However, it’s cheaper to get x30.
X10 = 3400 x 3 = 10200
X30 = 9400

You can do 2 extra normal pulls if you do a x30.

If you just go after one specific hero, it might be better to try x10 (and stop if you get it)

1 Like

Doing 30x saves you 800 gems but if you get what you want in first 10x pull (but don’t count on it) you may save much more.

@RandaPanduh Actually I had to double check calendar because I thought UT starts tomorrow too. It definitely doesn’t help that until recently UT started Wednesdays and it changed due to calendar shift shenanigans.

@notyou87 Looks Ok to me but calling @BlackZed and @mrchief who might have better combo.

4 Likes

I’m hoping you get an elated post instead :smiley:

3 Likes

I am thinking the same. It might be better to do 10x pulls, even if it costs more.

If you get what you want in 10 or 20, 10 pulls save you money. If you’re doing 3x 10 pulls, you’re using more gems - and it’s not just 800 gems = $4 more; you’re likely buying a subpar offer to come up with that many gems. No way to tell if you would get lucky in 1/2 10x pulls unfortunately and that’s the nature of gambling or gacha. Your past summons will be a good indicator- if you happen to get good 10 pulls, then go for that. If not, 30 pulls are slightly better. If nothing else, at least you saved money on gems and subpar deals.

People have pumped hundreds in BF and come empty handed. Same with goblins despite 2x chance. They are doubling the price and calling it a 50% discount. Not worth it IMO but each to their own I suppose.

5 Likes

I’ll add some combos later tonight- cheapest or the most valuable path to 30 pulls

2 Likes

Revised combo looks better. I would commit to the “sure buys” first:

• WS POV £10
• Will you consider WS POG ?

Then hold for today’s WS offers and IAP. That’s 28 Feb . Let’s see if gem ppg improves.

For 27 Feb WS BD offers: Offer 3 4500 gems gave the best value for me : S$0.00888 ppg

UT and ToU should descend on us on Thursday: 29 Feb. That’s the 3600 gems.

Then work out what’s still needed and purchase from best available offer then.

7000 gems is an easier target to cover.

In the meantime: keep watching MV, reset chests etc for more free gems. Hopefully you can amass 100 by 29 Feb.

Here are some combos with cheapest paths to 30 pulls:

Option 1:

You’re short by 2700 gems - this can be filled in with gems chest from WS offers or any of the ToU/UT offers. My go to would be the Jequn, Alpha Aether as it’s incredible value and you always need those AAs

Total: $9 + $9 + $30 + $30 = $78 (but remember, you’re getting $162 worth of items - including mats, aethers, emblems, tomes, AAs etc.

Option 2:

Total: $60 but all you’re getting is $60 worth of items (gems).

Option 3:

• Wait and see if any better offers pops up in the coming days
8 Likes

I’ll say the same that I have said in my alliance here.

Call me ungrateful if you wish but if putting up a portal with mostly older heroes, at the same crappy odds as other portals + a summoning cost of 400 gems, is SG’s way of showing appreciation to the players who have kept their game going for 7 years, that tells me enough about SG’s disconnect with it’s players.

Truly bravo, they don’t even give you one lousy free pull in their ‘birthday portal’.

And giving a free EHT on a moment when there isn’t any meaningfull portal to use them in is just trolling.

/end of rant

Now, let SG’s defenders come forth!

10 Likes