Mass emblem sale – Magpie’s Emblem Boutique / Return to Morlovia

If they do an offer like this every once in a while, I agree.

If they do an offer like this — or an even bigger one — fairly frequently, e.g. monthly, then I don’t agree.

I think most people who are reacting with concern in this thread are doing so because they don’t want to see offers like this become the norm.

14 Likes

Use PayPal. I have an iPhone. One purchase to put funds in apple account. Then it doesn’t appear on statement as multiple purchases as it’s all in the system behind the scenes.

2 Likes

To those above, the game has been p2w since release

Just the buying option of summons and mats alone were enough to make it p2w

Those that are f2p c2p, aren’t losing ground that wasnt already lost

Mat purchases killed that years ago. Then the flood of new heroes and bigger deals was another nail. Throw troops in the mix in there too.

Idk i was up in arms originally about the possibility of purchased emblems, but realized it would be naive of me to think a succesful game would move away from it’s standard financial gain operation

They’ve made money from people that want the best heroes, the best troops, etc etc etc. This falls into that

Feels like I’m rewriting my other post and which after seeing some of the same concerns/complaints, i guess i am

At the end of the day, no f2p and c2p are not losing ground, and p2w aren’t further separated from anyone else besides each other depending on who is willing to spend how much on what

F2p have just as much of a competitive stand point now as they did once the first hotm came out

Sure hotms can be summoned for free. Well large emblem quantities can be had for free from rare titans, tourney loot, etc both RnG and both comparable

Same could be said with event ranks guaranteeing mats monthly for p2w while f2p rely on RnG

I’m sure there are other examples as well but I’m out of time

8 Likes

In no way shape or form am I saying that people that enjoy spending money on the game shouldn’t have the right to do so. I also believe the stockholders and developers have the right to make profit which they do so very well. But I believe that the general consensus here is as zephyr says. If these offers are monthly or quarterly it will at least give the FTP or C2P A chance to swim in the same pool.

5 Likes

I’ve noticed they seem to have really increased the number of offers lately. We went through a dry spell then they started hitting us with a lot of them.

4 Likes

Probly starts increasing about june every year

As with most companies/businesses you always see deals and sales increase more and more as the end of the fiscal year draws closer and closer. End of the fiscal year is end of the calendar year in finland as far as i know

1 Like

It’s funny reading this thread…

This game was p2w ever since the gem concept was introduced. You could pay to get classic 5* faster than others, pay to skip waiting time, then to get the troops, the hotms, the refills on challenge events, offers with ascension materials guaranteed, then more non-classic heroes not pullable by gold tokens, now emblems etc.

It is not that the game just became p2w now lol. Or that those who pay now suddenly got advantage because of some emblems.

If you could just voluntarily offer your money to support a game because you like it and can afford and get no real advantage in the game for that, no one would do that lol. And you would be playing with sticks instead of mobile games because no one would care to invest in, create and deliver a product that no one would want to pay for. It’s ugly a lot of what is paid for is rng bull***t, but this one is fair and square, you get what you pay for.

My only problem with this offer is that instead of bundling it all together, they had to split it in 8 separate purchases. It is supper annoying, and cost me 30 mins on the phone with my bank trying to unlock my card because their system detected potential security alert due to all the separate mobile payments. Then I was hungry for the rest of my day because that was my lunch break. Yikes.

6 Likes

Yeah, I’m in accounting, so it isn’t surprising. I didn’t notice it in June though, I thought it just started a few weeks ago. Might be wrong.

1 Like

Well, I hope your card never gets stolen!

1 Like

Definitely the f2p and c2p players are starting to get left behind with the whale offers.

2 Likes

No, because I don’t have the disposable income. That’s like asking someone if they have the opportunity to afford a Mercedes when they’re living out of their Saturn.

6 Likes

Is this some late Aprils fools joke? a wise man said at blizzcon 2018

Emblems are offered for sale every other Monday in the store for 175 gems x2. They come in Trial class pairs of 5 each.

4 Likes

This is just a microcosm of life.

Every day in life is p2w. You either learn to adapt, or you fall further behind.

Not saying it’s good, or fair, or positive in any way, but it is what it is. F2P players will still find ways to be top 1% in tournaments, finish top 100 in events, and routinely be in top 100 raid charts.

8 Likes

Then we philosophically disagree on the meaning of opportunity.

And for clarity sake; you do in fact have the same opportunity to purchase. The deal showed up for you just like it did every other E&P player here. Your ability to purchase may be different, as you aptly called out.

But if this logic is followed, then we must all spend (or not spend) at the level of the lowest common denominator (FTP) on everything in this game. Summons, Seasonal Calendar Deals, etc, etc. This means SG becomes an NFP overnight and goes bye-bye.

It is ok that we all have different life circumstances and can/will take advantage of deals/opportunities differently. Thats just life.

9 Likes

That’s SG’s fault how?

1 Like

And when weren’t they left behind?

When in the game were p2w and f2p on the same level of competition and progress?

Game is a product. I have no problem with f2p players, especially my teammate. But even he realizes this game is a product of a business and not a charity case as some of you seem to have perceived it being at some point

5 Likes

You very well could be right, that’s why i didn’t say for certain it started in june

When did the tourney packs start selling weekly? Seems like they may have been around that time

1 Like

C’mon FTP folks (Im totally ftp myself nearly 2 years in) why are you blowing up over this? The game wouldn’t exist without those spending money to keep it going. SG hasn’t offered big deals like this constantly throughout the years and I’m sure while popular amongst spenders it probably wont be a weekly thing.

Let it go and enjoy the fact ftp still have plenty of opportunities to complete all content, if it’s that upsetting then candy crush is that way —>

20 Likes

Lmao

This post should get 1k likes

1 Like