Margaret – New May 2019 HOTM (Hero of the Month): First Thoughts & Discussion

I’d say both!

This is prime material for a post in Player Guides, and for a FAQ section in this thread.

Are you still working on updating the info?

1 Like

yeah still working. I don’t think I’ll find most of those answers until others have her

1 Like

Boooo (imo) interesting skill, kinda offsets the fast or very fast sniper line up everyone is going for. I dont find her reliable enough for my main defence. And wouldn’t prioritize her over my other green heros waiting for tonics, which only then would I have use for her.
Be happy to draw her when trying for guinevere at the monthly event summon, but unless I start seeing her as a nuisance in pvp she will be hanging put with atomos and aife.

EDIT: and her dildos? @mogulemon

Side question: why do people already have her? How is it not better to pull during Atlantis or the event summon. Seems like a waste.
Yes I know there are hero tokens, but it sounds like real pulls are being made.

Ups

4 Likes

Not impressed by her. The huge tile damage is good but she comes out as very niched. I can only see her hard countering gravemaker’s special and that’s about it, anyone else is fair game. The dodge doesn’t even stop Proteus and hel’s mana block. If she was cleric instead of rogue she might be interesting.

I love her. I don’t know what think about the skills, but they look interesting and fun.

But most importantly, she’s beautiful. She’s the most realistic hero in the game and I just fell in love with the art.

I will be very disappointed if I don’t get her, but given my luck, I should just prepare for it :frowning: she’ll definitely be my motivation to finish hard Atlantis before the next summon

9 Likes

She might not even be good at defending against GM. Her description says between 20 to 90% dodge depending on damage, and GM initial damage is not high. She may only help to dodge one or none of GM attack. In fact, most AOE damage is low, so don’t expect too much for using her against Isarnia or Azlar.

1 Like

Thank you for all of the info. I was a bit torn on her when I saw her.

I see her defensive stats as her weak spot and even at very fast would need emblems imo.

Not going to try but probably will get her in my few pulls for the month. I always get the ones I don’t necessarily want.

I just got her doing two single pulls on elemental hoping for the elusive Wu missing from my roster. Already have Inari at 1/1 and really don’t know how to use either, besides titans.

Offense for protection? Maybe, filling a support slot and giving much needed tile damage in a weak green stack. Not sure I’d want to give tonics for tile damage though.

Defense? Would have to be as flank then, “protecting” a tank that will succumb to tiles anyways and a wing that actually might be a target for a sniper. For 3 turns, then she’s gone. Hm.

Is Inari better, even at average speed?

But she did save some lifes there. And also its nice to see her mana goes up fast

1 Like

She looks a bit like aemona in her use

2 Likes

Yeah the artwork is really good. I love it too. Even if im not into milfs like that :sweat_smile:

I personally would prefer Inari. She is quite a pain with the dodge and minions. I think she is also more durable.

I am not impressed with Margaret as she doesn’t do any damage outside of tiles and doesn’t have a solid 2nd effect. Maybe it is just me but that is my feeling. I also think she is a bit squishy even with a high attack stat. DOT’s will eat her alive.

1 Like

Yeah had a feeling… and Inari gives dodge to the whole team, not only nearby. Admittedly at a lower percentage though.

1 Like

A lower percentage but a nice little toy as well.

I wish I had her in a way but have way too many Yellow 5*. Joon and Onatel maxed and 2x Drake at 70 waiting on 1 Dart. But I think I would max Inari if I pulled her before I ascended Drake. She looks like fun.

1 Like

Actually, the contrary happens: Kage dispels first, and then inflicts damage. So the dodge ability is first dispelled (as it is only triggered by damaging skills), and then Kage kills you (or hurts you really bad). This applies only to Margaret’s neighbors, not herself since she is immune to Kage’s dispel. I am pretty sure I’ve run into these cases while testing stuff in beta (raiding with my Kage against defenses with Margaret). No videos, though.

2 Likes

Boy, we’ve got a lot of nay-sayers here.

I’m really looking forward to potentially pulling Marg because, one, my only green 5* Hero is Atomos, and two, because she brings a unique skill that will add a level of complexity to a match. Heroes that just do heavy base damage are so boring. I love this game because of the tactics you can apply, instead of just carpet bombing.

I’ve got a sweet little spot open for her on a potential defense, (yes I know Khiona shouldn’t be wing but I’m limited on snipers) and I can’t wait to raid against her and see how she throws off the match.

2 Likes

Is that how that works with Inari as well? I would’ve thought the dispell would’ve had a chance to be dodged :stuck_out_tongue: live and learn

1 Like

No, Inari dodges Special Skills, independently of whether the Special Skill inflicts damage or not, therefore, the dispel from Kage can be dodged thanks to Inari.

3 Likes