šŸ… [Mar 8, 2020] 46th Raid Tournament! ā€” 3* Bloody Battle, All Elements

Not a fan of 3* tournamentsā€¦ Why do people enjoy this over 4* or 5*?

If tournaments werenā€™t part of PoV I would just opt out.

Mostly I enjoy them because:
a) it is using heroes I donā€™t use any other time
b) creates variety

3 Likes

I just went mono-reds, but lost 3 of 5 today
Costume Hawkmoon Namahagesx2 Nashgar Jahgir

Feel like I need to emblem with all these good 3* defences :S

Is there a 3* Tournaments Tier list of heroes?

As in a list of 3* heroes?

I guess Team Comps and top heroes I should levelā€¦ havenā€™t put much thought into 3*s

You can have a look thru this thread (and the other 3* tournament threads) for some good Inspiration I guess;

My personal faves:

Reds

• Costume Hawkmoon (buff booster & R/A)
  • Rudolph (R/A & Bloody Battle)
  • Jahangir (Rush Attacks)
  • Bauchan (All)

Greens

• Costume Brianne (All)
  • Normal Brianne (All)
  • Berden (all)
  • Hisan (all)
  • Shrubbear (all - defence predominately)
  • Carver (R/A)
  • Mnessus (R/A & Buff Booster)

Blues

• Nodri (All)
  • Costume Gunnar (R/A & Bloody Battle)
  • Normal Gunnar (R/A & Buff Booster - Defence Predominately)
  • Gato (All)
  • Ulmer (R/A)
  • Valen (All)
  • Squire Chick (Currently in Beta only but will be added to R/A & Bloody Battles)

Yellows

• Kavisr (All, particularly Bloody Battle)
  • Pixie (All, predominately attack)
  • Costume Bane (All)
  • Melia (Buff Booster)
  • Arman (Rush Attack)
  • Kailani (Buff Booster & Rush Attack - predominately defence)

Purples

• Gill-Ra (All)
  • Guardian Bat (Rush Attack & Bloody Battle)
  • Tyrum (Costume/ Normal) (All)
  • Balthazar (All)
  • Bjorn (All)
4 Likes

Thank you.

I have most at Level 1ā€¦lol

Time to feed fodder to the fodder :stuck_out_tongue:

Kinda wishing a color was restricted but no matter. I still have fun in these 3 star tourneys to begin with. Main went 3-2 today and 5-0 day 1. I can at least have more flexibility with my team. Forgot to do Day 1 on my 1st alt but did day two and went 4-1.

2 Likes

I vastly prefer 3* tournaments over 5* ones. My 5* bench is limited and I hate going up against heavily emblemed teams from the get-go.

For 3*, I have most of them maxed (missing Pixie & Shrubbear, and still working on the S3 ones but almost done), so lots of variety and choice. Who doesnā€™t like winning?

For Day 2, I am at 9-1 on offence and 2-4 on defence. My defence this round is Valen, Mnessseus, Bauchan, Bane [C] and Tyrum [C] for Top 1%

1 Like

Not a fan of 5* tournaments. Why do people enjoy that?

3 star tournaments are so much better.

Today i did 4-1 .
I Lost to a fully emblemed Guy . It was a close match. On his side only was Gato standing and on my side i only had Melia and she has very low HP.

The team i Lost to

And something i dont get It is people using two healers . They are giving away points this way .

2 Likes

Iā€™m relatively cheap to play (VIP and those ā€˜sharingā€™ offers in the alliance), so I donā€™t do many pulls, and when I do my luck is probably on the low end. Iā€™ve been playing 177 days and have exactly 1 5* whoā€™s levelling now. Iā€™ve got 8 max 4*, but not a lot of depth and mostly S1 heroes. I canā€™t manage to do well with these.

With all of the feeders and time Iā€™ve had on my hands due to lack of 4-5*, I have a pretty deep bench in 3*, though only a few S2/S3 representatives in there. I can manage these tournaments and do well on the whole.

If it werenā€™t for 3* tournaments I would be out in the cold, but I can place top 5% on most 3* tournaments, so it keeps this part of the game fun for me.

3 Likes

Day 3 - 5:0
Def C now

Maybe a small chance left to reach top 10% from my 75% start during the first 2 days.

5 tough battles:

2 Likes

Day 3:

Offense: 5-0. Starting to see some +19 or higher teams (albeit with the one random unemblemed or low emblems, like +4ish). Saw a +20 Hawkmoon tank which wasā€¦ interesting given the tournamentā€™s rules, but okay sure, Iā€™ll take the free kill. Last one was a tad sketchy since there was a +20 Gill-Ra tank, but the mono-gods smiled on me, and I got a yellow diamond, and, well Iā€™m sure you know the rest. Top 1% for now.

Defense: Still that one victory. :man_shrugging:t2:

3 Likes

Surprisingly won all 5 matches today. Defense did alright today too, currently sitting on B. Top 5%.

I can understand Belith or costumed Hawkmoon, but Belith and an un-costumed Hawkmoon makes no sense at all. I faced such a team today (probably not the same one, they were in different positions). I think I met the Muggy tank someone referred to upthread as well - surely there canā€™t be more than one?!

I think what happens is that some people just donā€™t read the raid rules, and stick their favourite team in regardless.

4 Likes

I met a muggy tank too;

I mean, itā€™s not hard to understand, itā€™s just people going with whatever the game auto-suggested; they didnā€™t bother changing the team, thatā€™s all.

1 Like

Maybe autofilled, joined and forgot to change?

Do people emblem their 3* to 20 and then strip them afterwards for the tourneys, or are there just that many emblems floating around. Iā€™ve been facing +18 to full +20 teams since the last attack of the first day, and my highest emblems are +3. If people emblem them after they join tournament, do they start being matched with teams as if they had no emblemed 3 stars? Iā€™m hoping to make it to the last day, but only allowed two more losses tomorrow.

I think so, since itā€™s cheap to put talents on rares. Especially now with that iron fill items from Valor it isnā€™t very hard to achieve low talent joining and heavy talent defending.

Do I find it worth? Not at all.

2 Likes