šŸ… [Mar 8, 2020] 46th Raid Tournament! ā€” 3* Bloody Battle, All Elements

I also like to use shrubbear. I have finished top 1% when I use her

I emblemed the bear, she has been a great tank. Every 3 star tournament finish top 1% with the bear

If you build your defence centre

red blue red

I will attack with blue heavy teamā€¦not with a green heavy stack. Think of it. I thought the same as you for a long time but donā€™t do it any longer.

If you want to protect the tank you need to reverse the color and take the strong color with the tank

green blue green

This you can not attack by a red- nor blue- heavy stack. You are forced to go green.

Thatā€™s why yellow and purple tanks work so well as both cases coincide thereā€¦purple both beeing weak and strong color at the same time to yellowā€¦and vice versa.

purple yellow purple
yellow purple yellow

Day 3:

Still on track.
12:3
Lost 1 on day 1 and 2 today (day 3, one without killing a hero)
Best attack team, 2x Gato, Hisan, Mnesseus,Berden with most of my attacks.
Faced already full +20 teams there. My +1 heroes do rely more on the board.I foresaw it that you are more and more forced to build +20 heroes yourself.

Defence total

10:5 A now for B A scoring so far.

Think I will need a continue tomorrow.

Only just got around to playing my 5 games as Iā€™ve been busy with both work and war and Pirates (and I still have to finish off Epic, make a start on Legendary, hit the Titan and use my evening war flags.) Not sure Iā€™m going to be doing much else tonight! :joy:

And usually I can stop worrying about the tournament by Wednesday evening because Iā€™m usually out but Iā€™ve gone 4-1 up every day so far so Iā€™m actually into Thursday with one life remaining (wonā€™t be spending gems)

Actually really pleased with todayā€™s score because the last 3 were all heavily emblemed and none of my 3* are. Even that last match was a close call and I really was punching above my weight there.

So, I go into Thursday with 8193 pts - currently top 1% - and with an A defence (6 wins 4 losses)

:blush:

I get what youā€™re saying, but in a green-blue-green center, youā€™re basically begging for the tank to get killed ASAP because like you said, the only choice is to stack green, which blue is weak against.

With a red-blue-red stack, youā€™re forced to go neutral color (blue) on the tank, since green would just be feeding the flanks free mana. I suppose itā€™s a calculated risk taking ā€“ Iā€™m betting on them being forced to use a neutral color against the tank, and assuming the tank will go off at least once before its dead.

The situation with yellow and purple is a bit different because theyā€™re each otherā€™s counter, and thereā€™s no neutral option, unlike the case with red-green-blue who counter in a cycle.

Letā€™s not talk about today, shall we? +20 opponents one-shotting my heroes due to unintended cascades triggering them 2-3 turns earlier than expectedā€¦
2-3 on offense, had to rebuy. At least defense went back to A with a 6-4 record.

Cause some things act differently than in 4* or 5*. It creates more of suprises and things to think about.
And itā€™s also very much dependent of available heroes:
Maxed heroes
3* 39
4* 24
5* 9

why would you do that? Thatā€™s shooting yourself in the footā€¦ not only do you waste plenty of resources embleming them up, and the reset token/gems, you also make your opponents in raid tournaments much stronger, and then when you strip them, you end up with a weak team against a bunch of strong opponents???

I meant are people having unemblemed 3* when joining to have weaker opponent, then maxing them to 20 after joining, then stripping them after tourney is over. I was asking because my max nodes is 3 on my 3 stars, but on first day I was already facing +20, even though first day is supposed to be weaker opponents.

Went 5-0 woop! So 13-2
Defence 3-3 still

2 Likes

I was doing so well this tournament, total hope for top 1% with A defenseā€¦

And then I overslept and wasted 3 flagsā€¦ T_T

editā€¦ all hail daylight savings! reset got moved back 1 hour so I actually had 40 mins leftā€¦

1 Like

lolā€¦ 3 losses today against Hawkmoon and Belithā€¦ I couldnā€™t fill my raid chest with 6 raid flags and 5 tournament flags, seriously these freaking boardsā€¦ Hopes for top 1% all lostā€¦

Im out . Today i lost two times . I got really bad boards .
As i finished with POV task i will not continue

Anyways i dont have the amount of gems to continue now

Iā€™m out too and probably wonā€™t continue as I have completed the POV challenge. May reconsider.

14-4 on offence and 4-4 on defence for Top 5%

Iā€™m out. Won 3 today and lost the 4th. As I expected to lose the first one, went better than expected. Defense still grade B

YES! Iā€™m through to Friday for the very first time (I never continue) Went into today with only one life and seriously outgunned but some careful stacking and a bit of luck got me through.

Screenshot_20200312_162133_com.smallgiantgames.empires

Defence down to B grade but still really pleased with this :blush:

1 Like

Day 4:

Offense: 2-3 and Iā€™m out. The mono gods have forsaken me! WHHHHHHYYYYYYYY!!! Iā€™ve sacrificed exactly zero goats to you! How could you do this to me? Top 1% for now but will probably drop to 5% or 10% by tourney end because I donā€™t really care that much now that Iā€™ve completed the Path of Valor requirements.

Defense: two attacks at a 1:1 ratio, so still A. Yay I guess?

And i was just checking and you are 100% correct (I am suitably embarrassed that I never checked to confirm a belief). It would seem that someone blinded me in actuality which makes more sense and a Bane is the only realistic candidate. I am an idiot.
Wu has the undispellable (?) blinding of team mates and Hu Tao can be an issue (that unholy eye icon and that surprisingly unpleasant special attack).
So, it was a tourney a while back and Bane has become my special unloved child and I have not used him since (pride of place next to Gan Ju in my roster). I have fed him away a few times now and then replaced him but Iā€™m not a fan. Maybe I should be? Fish girl is my favourite 3 star yellow without doubt.

4-1 today with various teams, enjoyable fights against a wide variety of heroes. Defense picked up another loss, slipped back again to B. On the edge of top 1% for now.