4th win → 242 points
5th win → 235 points

I think those scores happened because people faced the following opponents:

1st win against a team with a 0/0 record
2nd win against a team with a 0/1 record
3rd win against a team with a 0/2 record
4th win against a team with a 0/3 record
5th win against a team with a 0/4 record

I would love to know if there is a player who managed to WIN ALL 5 ATTACKS and received a total score FEWER THAN 1302

Sounds like I made a mistake in not saving my 5 flags for later today.

I hope this is the case. You’re still going to have to deal with some RNG that I got a weak opponent (75%) and someone else got a strong (51%), but such is life. Keeps the newer and/or F2P players interested and in the tourney longer, but still provides that long term benefit of floating the best to the top. Heck, maybe I beat my 75% team and you lose to the 51%. In that case ‘advantage me.’ Maybe it doesn’t happen on Day 2, but does on Day 4.

also, by limiting this Tourney to 4s it puts those that spend “some” on a better footing against those that hemorrhage cash. Not that they won’t have quality 4 lineups, but anyone can have that given some time - vs. the full on Guin/Panther/HOTM teams we see at the top of the Challenge leaderboards.

1 Like

I really am trying to reserve judgement on this thing until it is over but so many people getting 1302 and the scoring path involved really seems kind of shady so far…

Only used one flag so far since that’s all I needed to fill hero chest. Now glad I didn’t burn through them already! :joy:

I think that unlike a regular raid matchmaking tournament matching must take into account top 5 applicable heroes (plus applicable troops) of a player and look for a defense team of a similar ± 150 points strength. May be within the same score brackets first.

For players who have a whole bench of maxed 4* heroes there is no interest fighting agains 3* or half ascended 4*'s. The reverse is also possible I suppose: a player with 3s faces a defense team of all 4s and will lose inevitably.

1 Like

Or level cap to enter maybe ?

Another broken feature by EP. You cannot penalize players for attacking early. You cannot have people getting identical scores in every alliance (2 have reported the 1302 score in mine). You can’t have people getting a free refill somehow on day 1! This is botched. Hope a hot patch comes before they even attempt the next tournament.

It seems that the heroes one takes out during tournament raids count toward your Wanted:Heroes chest, making it possible to fill this chest much faster since each day of the tournament you have essentially 11 flags to get to 40 heroes. This should tend to increase the rate of hero chest turnover without having to spend for raid energy and chest-speeding, and therefore also increase the number of AM rolls a player gets for filling them. Further, assuming that the odds of getting an elemental chest remain unchanged, this should also increase the average frequency of these more lucrative chests.

Does anyone think that this will make a significant difference? If so, will it be for better or worse?

NOTE: I am not even considering the AM’s available at higher reward tiers in the tournament itself.

Well, better a slight chance at something rather than certain chance of nothing. I’m just thankful for more free chances to get AM.

3 Likes

I have a question. . How many times can your defense team be attacked? If you get points from your defense team, what if they don’t get attacked and other people had their defense team attacked and got points based on winning 6 out of 10 and nobody attacked yours??

1 Like

What if I don’t get a attacked for the whole tournament??

1 Like

Then each day your defense will grade out at a C, like it is now (assuming it has not yet been attacked).

Edited to add: and the C grade is worth 500 points each day. For comparison, the A grade is worth 900.

1 Like

Times can you get attacked on defense?? Based on points I know someone that got attacked 26 times? so the question is how many times can you get it tagged there should be a limit and everybody should be attacked at least like 10 times or something… seems how points are awarded to your defense team

1 Like

It’s a good question, but we don’t really know the answer yet.

That seems like a good general premise, that defenses should be attacked multiple times to get more accurate defense win/loss percentages. But I imagine there will be some wide range depending on how they’re doing matching.

It’ll be interesting to see where everyone is at when we get to the end of the week.

No one attacked me in round one. Has anyone else experienced this?

1 Like

Yes and my teammates too weren’t attacked. Round 2 opponents were a little better, around 2500 to against the 1200 tp in round 1. I think from day to day they will get stronger, so in the end the stronger ones of us will leave the weaker, which are still in the tops, behind. We will see and in the end I think everyone will have the same amount of defense attacked, the weaker in first rounds, stronger later.

But our ability to earn points is also based on defense. If we don’t get attacked for the first 3 days then we miss out on points yes?

I didn’t get attacked either, so I got the default points for a C Rank on Defense (500).

Same. Do we know what the max points are you can earn from defense though?