Mai's Guide to Efficient Farming – List of best lvls to farm monster, different resources, wanted missions and XP

OMG!!!

What a fantastic idea!

I’ll learn from on team etc and the others what to do and not!

Cool

Tytt

1 Like

Just be sure to not burn out :smiley:

I was playing 2 other games (3 total). Got sick of 1 so I’m down to 2.
I’ll just switch out that game for another E&P

Lol

You can send a request to edit the spreadsheet directly through Google Sheets. I did that myself a week or two ago and got permissions a day or 2 later. Been doing what I can, but slow progress.

I would suggest if you go that option to make a backup copy of the spreadsheet and edit that one first. Then once you’re happy with the results, copy and paste the changes over to the main spreadsheet.

Other option would be to have separate spreadsheet on your own account and put a link to it in a reply to this thread. Then I (or someone else) can copy it over.

A lot of the boss waves on this sheet are missing data, even in the earlier seasons.

It looks like SGG significantly modified the game from when most of the data for Mai’s Guide was originally collected. I shouldn’t be too surprised considering this farming guide was started years ago. Unfortunately it means a large amount of the stage information is wrong.

The most obvious problem with this guide is the mob waves and boss waves. For example, going by this guide you would think one in three stages have 9 to 15 monsters in their mob waves when in reality most (not all) provinces only have 1 or 2 stages like that.

Take the farming favorite 1-8-7, Mai’s guide has it listed as having 9-15 monsters in the first 3 waves (the mob waves). I did 9 runs of the stage and never had a wave with 5 monsters in it. In other words the max size of the mob waves should be 12 and not 15:

I had been updating this guide (mostly filling in blanks and fixing spelling mistakes), but there is far more stages with bad information than I had expected. I think as many as half (or more) of the stages have bad info, so I’m not sure fixing them one at a time is a workable solution anymore. For now I have put together a much more basic version of this guide with just the updated values on monster waves based on my own findings and the info from Elioty33’s data vault. It has a few mistakes in it, but overall it should be both significantly more accurate and more complete than this guide (Mai’s guide only had the boss wave data finished up to Season 2).

Link to my updated guide here: E&P Stage Wave Info

3 Likes

hi @LastBoss , thanks for your hard work ^^

you may want to check @J_3ezy and @GoldDigger data collection here S3 (Prov 16H - 36H), S4, S5 and Atlantean Games Farming Guide [Data Driven]

maybe you can all of you came out with an agreement of helping each others ^^

I suggest you may reach @Zartanis too, as his [quote=“Zartanis, post:1, topic:191161”]
ELEMENTAL WANTED CHESTS PoG QUESTS (LAST UPDATED: September 3, 2023)
[/quote] are pretty accurate too ^^

keep going on your valuable effort to make every players life a little easier :kissing_heart:

2 Likes

Hi @Nynaeve_alMeara , thanks.

I’ve seen the other guides, but I’m not sure they help as far as updating Mai’s guide. What is needed is recent (say last 1 or 2 years) raw run info on the monster in each wave. This tells you how many monsters are in each wave and what their elements are. I don’t think any of those guides collected that data. I think the other data like experience points, food, and iron for the stages in Mai’s guide may still be valid, but I haven’t thoroughly investigated it.

The bigger problem is the time needed to go through all of the existing data in Mai’s guide to check if it is still valid for the current version of the game. I suspect creating a new guide from scratch might be less work.

Have you looked at this farming guide? Barry Farmz Here -- Comprehensive data driven farming guide for Season 3, Season 2, Season 1, Elemental Chests, Atlantis Rises, Missions, and more

This is more up-to-date than Mai’s which is older. It hasn’t been updated in a while, though

I’ve seen Barry’s guide as well, but it has same issue as the others, it doesn’t have the mob or boss wave info. I think Mai’s guide was the only one had this info. For the updated guide I made, here’s an example of what the raw info I was collecting looked like, example from Season 3:

stage: season 3-4-8 normal
date collected: 12-8-23
waves: 4
wave 1: 3L: 3 nature
wave 2: 4A: 4 nature
wave 3: 3L: 3 nature
wave 4: 3V: b ice, 2 nature
count: 12 nature, 1 ice

L is Line formation, as in all the enemies lie in a straight line
A is A formation, enemies are laid out in a shape similar to bottom half of an A
V is V formation, enemies are laid out in a V shape
b is short for boss.

The A is weird as it’s shaped like the bottom half of an A if there’s 4 enemies (4A), but if there’s 3 or 5 (3A or 5A) it looks like a reverse V (similar to the caret symbol: ^).

1 Like