šŸ° Ludwig ā€“ 5* Dark / Purple from Clash of Knights

@Totogiungle You made amazing points, hereā€™s the issue in my opinion. Paired with other wolves, the buffs become undispellable. Have you ever played against him with the max family bonus? If you have guardian chameleon or guardian gazelle then you have a counter. Not sure who else dispels the undispellable. But not many heroes can do that and not everyone has them. So for a lot of people, they just donā€™t even have the tools to deal with it.

If you pair Ludwig with xnolphod, he becomes fast. Iā€™ve been playing with this since I got him, itā€™s unbelievable how fast he is with that mana boost from xnol. Clearly thatā€™s more reliable on offense as they will gain mana evenly. But my bottom line, when paired with the right heroes, heā€™s one of the absolute strongest heroes in the game next to Ruby. Heā€™s not broken, if he couldnā€™t be beat he would be broken. But he is STRONG!

Hereā€™s something else I noticed about the buffs becoming undispellable. As I kept firing and overwriting the previous buff, some of the new buffs became undispellable and overwrote the other buffs. So what Iā€™m saying is, after the wolves fire 5-6 times, Iā€™ve seen every single buff become undispellable. Itā€™s a lot to explain but Iā€™m sure you understand what Iā€™m saying here.

Now Iā€™ll also mention I almost never see a defense with all three wolves in it. So Iā€™m assuming people donā€™t come across it often, but it is very much worth mentioning.

Cheers!

1 Like

Exactly. Itā€™s the undispellable part that is the OP part. If the taunt is undispellable and the mana gains are undispellable there is basically nothing you can do. The answer isnā€™t just ā€œget better you suckā€. There is quite literally nothing you can do with Wolfgang and Quenell flanks blasting you multiple times over a few turns.

1 Like

The ā€œeasiestā€ way to beat Ludwig on defense with full family bonus is mist.
Relative easy obtainable as a 4*, strong color so she works in a stack and the best it doesnā€™t matter if Ludwig casts his buffs undispellable or not he just donā€™t get anything.

Pair that with 2 other strong hitting yellow and probably an off color dispeller if you donā€™t get yellow stones and that works just fine most of the time.
And maybe some riposte hero if aggressive heroes stand beside Ludwig and if you canā€™t block him and canā€™t dispel him let those neighbors suicide themselvesā€¦

3 Likes

Yes, riposte heroes are the key when you cannot dispel the bufs because they are undispellable, because ludwig is slow and the flanks charge two or three turns after him, so you have time to set your riposte hero and let them suicide.

Yeah I dunno
I go after him and heimdall they make great tile dumps

When will the animation bug be fixed? Nothing about it in the upcoming updateā€¦

5 Likes

This hero broke the game alfrike xenolphop fast mana war not funny at all

On paper, Ludwig has a really good special. But I think itā€™s different in practice. I asked my alliance mates ā€œwhen facing Ludwig, how often does his special run the full course or even just longer than 1 or 2 turnsā€, and the answer overwhelmingly was ā€œrarelyā€.

Ludwigā€™s special is insanely good against players that donā€™t have any counters. But the problem is his efficacy drops tremendously if he is facing one of the many counters. Itā€™s almost like an ā€œall or nothing propositionā€ in terms of if he has any value or not.

As many have pointed out, mist is an obvious example of a relatively accessible counter that completely neutralizes Ludwig. Because he is slow and mist is fast, chances are good mist can be timed to fire before Ludwig. And mist is not the only 4 star hero that can block buffs. And although the 5 star counters are obviously harder to get, there is a growing number of them (c-guardian panther, Hypnos, onyx, etc) especially with the pace SGG is releasing heroes.

So yes, there will always be a group of ā€œpeople without a Ludwig counterā€, even if the group of ā€œplayers that have a counterā€ continues to grow.

But guess which type of player is more likely to target a Ludwig defense in warā€¦

1 Like

@Hu23 I think on offense paired with xnolphod thereā€™s no question, heā€™s one of the best heroes in the game. On defense, I tend to agree with you. My biggest issue with him is that if he goes off, you have to kill/dispel him and then dispel his flanks. I take the hatter and C kong. But itā€™s still risky. Add mother north and it can become a nightmare. So yes, he can be countered, it just takes more effort and can slow you down. I think heā€™s decent on defense depending on formation. He really shines on offense with that 20% mana gain from xnol he fires in 9 tiles.

Yes I was mostly speaking about Ludwig on defense. It is a different story for him on offense and PVE, where I agree he is really useful.

i had a testrun in alliance war with a very uncommon combination 2 weeks ago, just for fun.

Ludwig, Wolfgang, Ludwig, Vivica, Ludwig. (all Heroes LB + 20 Emblems)

The enemy had hard times to get them down.
I realized that in several cases the time run out.
So this may be another way to annoy enemy attacks with ludwigs, as far as you own several of him :wink:
Of course you could use 3x Mist if you have 3 of her, bu in the end you also need strong attackers to kill ludwigs.

I have two Ludwigā€™s and Iā€™ve seen some nasty combos with that. Just deciding weather to give the second one tabbards. Sounds painful lol!

I also have 2 Ludwigā€™s, but Iā€™m debating ascending the second. I came here to see if it would be useful and Thinking that possibly in W Formation, you know,2 front, 3 in back.

Mother North, Ludwig, Quenell, Ludwig, Khufu

Thoughts? Itā€™s only level 2 undispellable. Iā€™ve tried with Ferant but it didnā€™t work well.

I saw a formation with costumed Ariel and Mother North, and no matter what I did, I could not control Ariel boosting health and increasing mana for MN, who kept Ressurecting Ludwig. I failed to dispell properly but this formation was nearly impossible for meā€¦

Itā€™s consuming my thoughts on what I should have done differently. Now I think I should emulate this formation, because if it affects me this much, it would likely be hell for others as well.

Any good double Ludwig combinations that are creative or something most people might not think of?

Ive been wating Ludwig for months but he always evaded me. So i tried again today and my first 10 pulll i got Richard and Quenell which i was very happy with Quenell. So i almost stopped pulling but went ahead and pulled 3 more times. Guess who i got? Ludwig!! So now i have Ludwig Quenell and Wolfgang that ive uad awhile. So excited to get ludwig leveled and next to my Khufu!

Does anyone here think Ludwig is useful outside of the tank/flank defence context (eg. farming, events, war attack?)

I reckon he is but just thought Iā€™d ask/confirm.

Thank you!

1 Like

I have two leveled, mostly use one, itā€™s not worth it the mats of leveling two imo. He pairs nicely with the rest of the wolfs- 50% undispellable taunt. I also use him a lot to auto-play quests, events and farming which I do most of the time, flanked by healer and hit all goes great! Currently on my defense. Until I get second Chomper up, then M&M will replace him and the whole formation will change :upside_down_face:

P.S: Donā€™t use him on VF wars at all. Have different team there, which usualy takes 20/25 attacks per war :laughing::laughing:

Is he useful at 3/70?

If he doesnā€™t die. His taunt will applyā€¦ But heā€™ll likely die on the first attack or two.

1 Like