šŸ° Ludwig ā€“ 5* Dark / Purple from Clash of Knights

While difficult, he is definitely defeat-able. Here are some things to try:

Double dispellers (or more): Devana + Caitlin worked great for me. One to remove the taunt, the other to remove the mana bonus

Mana control, especially LotL is great. Of course Alfrike can keep him not firing. Taunting works with this too. His mana bonus to neighbors is hard, but Iā€™ve been able to keep his mana under control for the 6 turns and Krampus keeping everyone alive for that time. Obviously Proteus can shut down all 3 if he charges before Ludwig.

Use reflect heroes. Chances are that 1 or 2 of Ludwigā€™s neighbors will kill themselves when they cast. Plenty of 5 and 4* options for this tactic.

Many pigs. His damage bypasses taunt and heals. 5 pigs could work fine if you donā€™t mind duplicates

1 Like

Bwang, not really. The family bonus can make him 50% undispellable. I got him, Ferant and Esme, i feel pretty safe.

Thatā€™s all nice, but paired with Wolfgang and Guardian owl during tournamentā€¦ Undispellable buffs paired with owl shooting every turn till annihilation.

He is way overpowered compared to other nerfed heroes. I personally hate nerfs and I donā€™t like any released hero to be nerfed. However, SG must release more easily obtainable (maybe 4*) anti-Ludwig heroes. His mana boost is too annoying. People flank him with Gwen or Vivica and any other slow or average heroes and fighting against Ludwig teams is so overwhelming.

1 Like

Ludwig is dope and the only players who hate him are those who do not have him. Is he tough absolutely but unbeatable hardly. Pengi can fire damage until he meets oblivion. He is a punching bag for sure and should be treated as such. Costume Sabina can block him, and dispellers removes his ability. He is slow to fire again and that creates an opening to beat him. Add Kravekrush to block MN and you can ink out a win. What I hate is using him with Krampus. Want to talk about annoying!

4 Likes

Say you have Ludwig and Alfrike (and Mother North). Which of those two would you guys use as tank? (and flank)

In my opinion, Ludwig. Faster Mana speed, Beefier defence stats and will speed up the other 2 if he fires. Mother North is wasted as a tank (Best used on the left wing) and Alfrike works there during a rush event. I might flank with Alfrike but that would invite a yellow stack when being attacked

Happy Gaming! :sunglasses:

I was planning on using MN and Alfrike on both sides of Ludwig. Just wondering if they were best positioned 1,2,3 or 2,3,4 (from left to right, 3 being the tank).

Hence, Ludwig or Alfrike as tank. Thanks for your advice!

No Worries. I would use MN, Ludwig, Alfrike (In that order) as my middle 3 in a standard formation

1 Like

You know Ludwig is OP when people starts suggesting 5 gullinbursti as a counter

Iā€™ve been using Toxicandra/Xnolphod/Ludwig/Alfrike/Mother North in raids, pretty much regardless of the other team and winning at least 90% of my raids even against other Xnolphod and Ludwig teams. I am definitely not arguing that Ludwig is OP. The problem is his design is OP, which worries me they may nerf him to kingdom come someday. When he can turn any slow or very slow hero to basically VF it severely changes the balance of a match especially with other Mana producers like Iā€™ve been using.

Ludwig is fine, he doesnā€™t need nerf.

My alliance is constantly in top 50 rank worldwide; we use purple tanks for our defense and we fight a lot alliance of purple tanks in wars as wellā€¦ Ludwig is rarely used in alliance war defense on both sides. Even in Very Fast alliance wars, thereā€™s still more Alfrikes in defense than Ludwig.

Ludwig can be easily defeated with dispeller, especially with the recent HOTM Iris, heā€™s now becoming a joke. I pulled Iris and I didnā€™t even level her to fight Ludwig, my Malosi is already enough to make him a joke.

Thereā€™ll be more and more new heroes to counter Ludwig, another example is the recent 3-kingdoms heroes, Diaochan would love to face Ludwigā€¦ even you donā€™t get Diaochan, thereā€™s another much easier to get 4-star hero, Xiahou Dun.

Donā€™t complain just because your roaster sucks. Ludwid doesnā€™t need any nerfs.

2 Likes

Iā€™m fielding C Sabina, C Mel and G Chameleon, Franz and the recovery rate after he fires is much better than that, but obviously depending on the heroes that are flanking

1 Like

Why?

Gulli is a great counter for teams with buffs like taunt, dodge etc. as his special bypasses them

I think Ludwig is OP on offense but not OP on defense as there are many counters to him

1 Like

Why do you need to kill MN first?

And 2 taunts is not always a bad thing if they are active at the same time then they can be taken down with one dispel

3 Likes

Ludwig is the strongest character in the game and overpowered. He is even stronger than Crampus costume before nerfing him. Mana and taunt for six turns its almost impossible to bit after he cast the special. Put two strong heroes nearbie him and its game over. Plus you need to debuff him two times. I only wonder why SGG didnt made him less stronger so far. Cheers.

Thatā€™s if you can debuff him. With other wolves, those buffs can become undispellable. I just got him this recent portal. I have him at 4/50 and heā€™s just insanely strong.

Yes, he is insanely OP. SG thought that 4 turns of taunt was too much for C Krampus! LOLOOLOLOLLL!! But this guyā€¦bwaaaaahahahahahahaā€¦this guy gets SIX turns undispellable and his flanks fire 4 times over that duration. Nope, that isnā€™t overpowered at all.

1 Like

Heā€™s slow. Stop putting tiles into him ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦

3 Likes

He is slow and when he activates his ability you can keep on throwing tiles into him, when he dies with tiles, you just need one dispeler to stop the mana generation, not to talk about heroes like the hatter or the w3k with dispeler minions that are faster and can steal his ability. The mana he gives to nearbies it takes at least two or three turns to completely charge them, so you have several turns to play with the board and counter the defense.
Xenophold or Alfrike are more devastating as far as Iā€™m concerned: with xeno it takes definately less turns to activate, not just the nearbies, but the other four heroes. With Alfrike you cannot throw too many tiles because if you charge the mana bar, you loose all your mana.

1 Like