List of 2021 Improvements

Ah ok cool my bad…20 apologies

2 Likes

I haven’t seen these mysterious costumes in HA10… Shutting that down today for ha8, good riddance!

Nice list of changes… QOL seems to be a bit of a catch-all, I would think that is more of things to improve gaming experience (like the claim all button in training camps), but I suppose you can argue better loot too.

4 week calendar I would think is more of a content thing as an example.

1 Like

(What does this mean? (v39 test on decreasing Raid defense team buff) - #41 by Dannyoh31)

1 Like

Agreed… as per the bullet point below… most of the list don’t fall under QoL. (arguably… only 2 of the above list are really QoL improvements.)

• Quality of life (or “QoL”) elements cover a broad range of features that are designed to make games easier to play without changing the gameplay itself…. As a game designer, you’re looking for any areas in your game that are frustrating players or keeping them from enjoying the core gameplay loop.

For example, there are some changes to SGG’s other game they didn’t implement here… like the ones that could help with all the unnecessary button clicking that causes pain for players with existing or impending arthritis/carpel tunnel syndrome.

“Inactive Alliance Leaders Demotion Enabled” is a significant QoL improvement that people have been asking for a long time… which is nice it finally happened. (But I suspect it impacts only a handful of alliances that haven’t died and withered away already… but good feature to have finally.) Makes me curious why they haven’t implemented a feature to let alliance leaders opt out players from war.

Credit due… SGG did implement inter-alliance battles and wave numbers on map/event stages… so that’s good on them.

• On another note though… cheers to Ruskin for the effort~
5 Likes

Thanks so much for taking the time to put this together. There were some changes I had been so busy with other things that I had completely missed. Much appreciated :two_hearts:

4 Likes

They have entered the friendly battles but they are useless or little more. It would be nice to have a chest for all the battles that one does, perhaps by putting rules that do not allow points to be obtained if there is too much gap between the opponents. It would be more engaging. And maybe the ability to customize an internal war between allies of the alliance. As it is it hurts …

OP updated with v44 release notes

2 Likes

Version 44 Release
Alliance Quest Summon

• Adjusted Hero appearance rates

Tavern of Legends

• Bonus Emblem Chests
    • 1 chest awarded for every 10 summons

Improvements

• Added a visual turn counter for Seshat’s Replicator Minions
  • Descriptions for HP-boosting Special Skills made more consistent and concise
  • Reset Emblem now displays when available (Class Quest)
  • Epic Troop Token now displays when available (Find Recruits II)
  • Updated status effect descriptions for Mirages of Omega enemies
    • Now mentions that all enemies have innate resistance against status ailments and negative stacks

There are more changes but for me the rest are bug fixes.

EDIT: Oh I am too late :smiley:

2 Likes

Best thing for players in v44 is probably the HA 5 and HA 8 changes to get some of the older event heroes (falcon, jackal, Hansel being probably the best of the bunch).

6 Likes

Rolling out

2 Likes

I’m not only curious about the 2022 QOLs, but also what features would be coming

2 Likes

I’m not officially adding this to the list, but it seems rare quests now appear every 7 days consistently which I count as an improvement.

4 Likes

Yes, that seems to be the case. Every Monday. Recently. I like this adjusted timing. I can plan my wE usage better.

1 Like

How dare you introduce a list with “Improvements” in the title in the Complaining topic! Now you’ve spoiled everything.

Seriously, it does go to show just how much work has been put in behind the scenes as well as in front. Not all to the good, and even those things which are generally accepted as positive won’t please everyone, as you acknowledge. But nobody can fairly say they haven’t been busy.

1 Like