Level heroes 1 at a time? (Within same element)

Quick question: when you start leveling a hero and building them up, do you stick with that hero all the way until you are maxed or hit a wall (ascension materials)? Or do you bounce around sometimes within the same element?

I ask because I tend to do both (don’t ask how that makes sense lol), and figured I’d find out how others level heroes. Or if there’s a strategy to it. I’m not afraid to spend money, but I don’t want to spend money on EVERYTHING. I force myself to be patient at times, but when you know you have 3-4 weeks (or longer) to max the hero you are working on, it can be difficult to let a newly summoned hero that you like sit there and wait.

Thank you.

Definitely wanna finish a hero before you move onto another, or else you just have a mess… Oof, my OCD seriously hates to see that :poop:. Now, whether that be maxing em completely, or hitting a mat wall - doesn’t matter - as long as they can’t be fed further; that is always the best strategy.

Feeding too many mouths at once slows down your progress quite significantly, as, instead of having several strong heroes to turn to, you have a bunch of half-:peach: projects in the works (like trying to juggle 20 balls at once). You can’t use them to the best of their abilities [like that].

Now, working on multiples in a specific color - at a single time - isn’t quite the same. Typically, I like giving my 1* feeders to a weaker hero I’m leveling to a breakpoint, and save the 2*+ to someone I’m maxing (as they require more food per feeder). But no matter what, I’ll always finish em as far as they’ll go, to ensure that when the time comes to use em, they’re at their best.

If someone better comes along, then sure, ya could park em. But less they’re completely outclassed, just pick em up right where ya left off when you’re done.

No point in starting to level a hero less you already plan to finish em. Or else… you’re just wasting feeders (a finite resource)

8 Likes

Exactly what I was looking for, thank you! I also never thought of the 1-2* feeding strategy, that’s great. I’m going to use that now: I’ll feed Azmia 2s (who is at level 30 of the final ascension), and I’ll start picking away at Helo with 1s.

Thanks again so much for the advice! Again-again actually, literally watched your YouTube vid on the Fated Summon’s heroes about half hour ago. I don’t think you’d be happy with who I went with, but I did pay attention to everything you had to say about each hero. Funny how much prep and consideration goes into a single pick. But that’s what makes the game great, otherwise it would be just another “regular” boring game.

Thanks for all that you do.

1 Like

It also depends on what stage of the game you are at.

For me, I hardly have many heroes I need to desperately level so I am taking my time and levelling a few heroes based on the colour of feeders I have…

But if you need the heroes, as Randah said above, go hard on one at a time…

4 Likes

Thank you!

Yeah I’m only Lv 27 so I’m still in the early stages where I can get a new hero that helps more than the rest at any time.

2 Likes

Like @FrenziedEye said, as a veteran player (lvl 95 atm) i dont force to finish a hero, if im not going to use it on defense. Or another case is, if it is a decent counter for a hero on defense. For example; i have 4 unfinished hero, Viseleus (4-50), Celidana (2-1), Mitsuko (1-40) and Balur (1-20). After finishing Viseleus by using the feeders came from map stages, (not planning to use the feeders on TC2, currently i have -500 feeders there) im gonna start Mitsuko (i guess, not sure, lol)

2 Likes

When I first started playing I did bounce about trying to level a number of heroes at the same time. Same with my troops ….
And it did get me into trouble when I started to run out of mats and my progress was restricted …
However, as you establish your roster I now find it’s best to level up a “chosen “ hero all the way, including emblems and LB… and I feed 10 at a time, mixed colour both 1* and 2* ….I save my 3* and 4* feeders for levelling up legendary …
Good luck

1 Like

When I started out, my primary focus was building out heroes one at a time to ‘force’ a good all rounder team as quickly as possible. Once I had that team, I’m now at a stage where I a plan out a “team” and then level them slowly but surely using only on-colour feeders.

If I run out of the necessary materials for building out my 5* teams (i.e., I have mats to finish my current team, but will not have enough tomes for the next team), then I will take a break and put them down and focus on 3* or 4* heroes until I have the required materials to start back to my 5* team.

I don’t tend to start them unless I can finish them though, so I don’t even really do the ‘take them to’ 3/70, because usually by the time I go to revisit them again, I’m already running ‘lower’ on materials and therefore don’t have enough to maintain a constant stream of levelling.

I’m currently working on my 4th 5* rainbow team, then will likely be returning to finish some new 3*'s… Once I have 30 maxed 5* heroes, then my view might change again as to how I level my heroes though :slight_smile:

2 Likes

In the early stages, I didn’t have a fixed pattern. It depends on who I get and how urgently I needed that hero.

If hero is essential and urgently needed, then all feeders went to that hero.

Otherwise I tried to keep to a rainbow team. If it’s 3/4*, it’s still okay. If you have 4 TC running. Otherwise, you can try 2* to 4/5* and 1* to 3*.

It should be quite fast this way.

1 Like

I finish one hero per element as far as I can go. The only times I switch are:

a) hitting ascension mat wall
b) I pull another hero who becomes higher priority

I prefer the focus, then the sooner I have a maxed new hero to play with!

Until recently I was leveling five at a time until maxed. I would only switch if I managed to get a better hero. I paused Magni to max C.Finley.

Now I am maxing one hero at a time using all feeders on that one, mainly due to restricted bench space, and that seems to work better for me for maxing the special.

Of late mats are no longer an issue. I even have a couple spare Tomes.

When you are far enough into the game, start feeding all your 1* heroes to your 3* heroes and costumed heroes. When you get your HA leveled up, started feeding your recruits in there for Trainer heroes. When you get a 4* or 5* towards the last 10 so or levels, started feeding them Trainer Heroes, it will cost less food and time.

I tend to feed one hero of each element at the time. I’m running out of heroes to level though :confused: So actually feeding off colours now too.

1 Like