LB Skadi vs. Pengi

Hey there!

I already have Cobalt and Lord Loki limit broken. Now I am wondering if I should also limit break Skadi or wait for maxing Mr. Pengi first (I need 1-1.5 months to get there) or maybe also consider Master Lepus in case I get his costume during Springvale

And, of course, here is a poll :smiley:

So, who should I go for Skadi right now or wait a bit more?!

• Skadi (right away)
  • Wait for Mr. Pengi to be maxed (1-1.5 more month)
  • Wait to see if I get Mr. Lepus costume

0 voters

I have limit broken both and skadi profited much more.

Pengi makes a huge amount of damage without limit break. With limit break a little bit more and of course he becomes sturdier. But in the end nothing extra ordinary. He is a great hero, so heā€™s worth it but he doesnā€™t really ā€œneedā€ it.

Skadi on the other hand needs every single attack point she can get. The easier it is to kill minions, and if possible more layers at once the better. And also her dot rises drastically and this finishes a fight rather quick.
So for skadi everything that increases her damage, even a little bit, is absolutely worth it.

So I would probably limit break both, but skadi definitely first.

9 Likes

Danke viel, @ferg ! Although the poll is so far very much in favour of Skadi, I was still leaning towards Pengi, but I think you just convinced me :smiley:

1 Like

If you want to have a look at those twoā€¦

Both are full attack path.

5 Likes

Unfortunately my Skadi is only at +9 and Pengi will be at +3 or +5 only because I plan to fully emblem Ferant.

Seems that the lb will be even more beneficial to Skadi this way

1 Like

I have both skadi and pengiā€¦ I went pengiā€¦ No regrets, but skadi is definitely getting lb in 6 months.

2 Likes

I voted for wait to see if get Master Lepus costume. Reason: he is such a glass cannon, the costume + LB will help boost his attack and sturdiness.

I think he would gain the most from LB but there is good point for choosing Skadi. :thinking:

1 Like

How does LB Skadi do vs Frea and Bera minions without C Kiril?

I imagine she wouldnt kill Freya minions straight away as they get the defense up, but can she kill off Bera minions without any intervention? My guess is still not, which is why have been hesitant to LB her as it seems it wonā€™t reach any minion ā€œbreakpointsā€ in most scenarios (barring weak minions/hurt minions etc).

1 Like

Iā€™ve killed 10 minions using skadi kiril and costume kiril. I got recall which minions they wereā€¦ But Iā€™ve been very pleased with skadi.

1 Like

Donā€™t get me wrong I love my Skadi, and I use her exclusively with C Kiril. I just donā€™t know how much of an impact LBing her will have

1 Like

I have managed to kill 10 Telluria minions, pairing skad i with C Kiril and G Gazelleā€™s attack boost. I took the blue heavy team against Telluria so she can spawn as many minions as she can.

1 Like

Most of the time not so good.

Of course it depends on the other heroes beside them (how high is their defense), if bera, freya limit broken and the emblem path they took.
So most of the time skadi canā€™t kill those without any help.

Freya with def up and skilled on defense is nearly always impossible. Without the def up she can kill them on her own if the base defense is not to high.
Bera skilled on attack she can kill most of the time, skilled on hp most of the time not.

But itā€™s always a close call say 20-30 hp left standing. So even with a rainbow or near rainbow team a few stones should bring those minions in killing range.

So in the end for me itā€™s still worth it, I just get more back if she kills 1 or 2 minions because of the limit break, that sums up really fast in total damage output through her stack.
Even only 1 dead minion because of limit break is over 200 (or less when opponents die) extra damage each round for as long as the battle lasts. That surpass the damage boost any other hero gets from limit breaking pretty fast.

2 Likes

Thank you, everyone, for the votes! And special thanks to those weighing in with arguments.

Soā€¦ @ferg convinced me to go with Skadi over Pengi and @Homaclese and @SamMe convinced me to wait and see if I get Master Lepusā€™s costume. He is indeed a glass cannon and I use him less than Skadi because he dies so easily :frowning: Maybe this way, I will be using him more oftenā€¦ Pengi will for sure see every war even without limit breaks.

2 Likes