Krampus the new Telly, will it happen again? the Trust game

Krampus is a weak B hero in every position I’ve tested. His high def ,- hp- stats pretend something else.
Where does the hype come from, SG Marketing?
Tank-Position:
BK is an A + tank because of its ability to reduce damage to 1. As other said, Krampus is a useless meat shield. An good A Tank not A+ is Kunchen, but Krampus is significantly weaker, lowers the trophy points from diamond to platin, so he is only a B-Tank.
Krampus is in no position an A-Hero.
If Thorn or Rigard fires more than once, you are in big trouble, near to death. If Krampus fires multiple times, there is no threat anywhere. He needs healing option, damage option, defense to all or somerhing like that if if he should be an A hero. I wish i could swap him for buddy or another usefull 4 * hero.
Attack-Postion:
In formation 3-1-1 he is worthless in any position. Example: I use Frida, Magni, Sonya as the attacker. Krampus does not lower defense nor does harm, completely ineffective in this position, no need to replace someone, neither Sonya, which does great dispell support. Krampus is equally worthless in the other two positions, no healing or regeneration. The last two fights my team was close to death and he was ready for special ability. The only wish I had was somebody like kiril, boldtusk etc. to regenerate, to bring you back in game, to give you the famous aha effect, this guy doesnt have. No Game Changer at all, no usefull support in close situation.
So yes he neds a nerf, but from an overestimate B-Hero to a usefull A-Hero or A+Hero…

1 Like

Pretty much summed it up (however do like him in attack , I time special for him to absorb multiple hits)

I think everyone gets hung up on the cards too much and dig their heels in a position of a hero and don’t change their tune .

Krampus is excellent example that the card seems awesome sauce . But in practicality it’s meh

I think is 94% actually, he can double his defence pretty much but its only for 3 turns

Max 2 turns at 94% as first turn takes up the required hits . In reality best you will get is one Turn, unless you time to perfection

While in beta a change was made which took Krampus from being insanely good to being a solid meatshield: The Taunt went from being undispellable to dispellable.

That one little change appears innocuous but changes everything about how to approach Krampus.

As released he is a hugely resistant lump of meat that could be annoying but as pointed out above he is essentially a regigged Black Knight set behind a huge paywall.

IF the Taunt had remained undispellable we would be talking seriously OP synergies with other heroes.
As he is now, he’s simply a very decent tank that does not pressure the other team but aims to buy time for his support to activate.

3 Likes

Nope, crampus is good as he is. No nerfs needed.
20 characters of thumbs down on nerfing any card. :slightly_smiling_face:

he is very hard to get. he will be making money for SG for a long long time.

1 Like

Sure but the current meta seems to have 2 green flanks around BK rather than 2 blue flanks.

Thanks a lot ! She was a bigger beast before that time, indeed…

I wonder how many people commenting here owns her or have extensive experience facing her. Are these people talking out from their imagination on how he runs as a tank? I certainly have not face too many Krampus yet. In fact I have only faced him ONCE.
Of cos there will be certain OP team combination like Frigg -Krampus -Odin but that is due to more OP flank than tank.

I will bring it for sure if I face BK tank.
Unless it’s GM tank then it’s a bit of suicide.
But we are talking on BK tank. Then for sure I don’t mind bringing Green vs him.

Back to Krampus. He is good. Need a nerf? Maybe but need more review from other players first.
But so far so good.

I’m almost done maxing mine. Really the trophy change will depend where you land at the end of raiding. I’ve lost well over 300 trophies in 30 min after filling my chest (landing in top 100). I’m going to put him as tank and replace telli, really the keys with Krampus is using all offensive quick heros. Im going to do Seshat, Francince, Krampus, GM, (can’t figure out right wing yet). Best advice is give it a try and find out losing trophies should be a daily thing.

Then take a red stack. BK will still get hit hard, albeit not as hard as a blue stack, but you’re not sacrificing weak tiles on his two sidekicks. Stacking against the flanks, especially if they’re the same element, is a very viable option imo.

2 Likes

I don’t get why people are freaking out on Krampus to this extent. He is a good tank but nowhere near pre-nerf Telluria. Krampus is just a beefy hero in the middle of the defense, if he goes off he goes off, he doesn’t really interact with the opposing or his own team in a way that would be game changing. Not like he heals his entire team, creates minions, slowes the mana of the whole opposing team and also damages them, that would be kind of insane, right?

6 Likes

I don’t think it happens to seasonal heroes because they’re not hotm and not everybody will have them. Gazelle is as good or better than telluria but not as many people have her so not necessary to nerf her. same for krampus that’s my opinion

What do you think about Krampus on tank and Black Knight on flank?

That leaves only 1 hero at the center to deal damage. Very easy to play against.

1 Like

Plus only one can have the taunt so its not like it’ll be attack on only those two it’ll be he last one fired.

After reading about him here, Youtube vids and testing him out on my own, he makes only an okay tank. BK is more suited to the roll with his “Flesh Wound” special.

However, I use Krampy with great effect on offense.

1 Like

They wont nerf.
Hes behind the seasonal event summons paywall.
Not sure they ever nerfed a seasonal event hero.

1 Like