Klaern – 5* Ice / Blue - July 2022 HOTM (Hero of the Month) -- Initial Release

So just pulled the gem, what’s everyone think about him?

:rofl: :joy: :crazy_face:

(Oozing sarcasm)

1 Like

Only the noobiest of beginners would think he is good. Would you rather the beginner get this mediocre hero that could only be of use for a short time compared to a timeless hotm that can be of use for lifetime in this game?

Guys, settle down. Let Karen from Pokémon give you the quote of the day

IMG_20220723_082112

4 Likes

Klaern - aka “Karen” - the laughingstock of E and P

1 Like

Its sad when season 1 Isarnia - not even her costume - is better than Klaren

3 Likes

I’m keeping mine around because who doesn’t like a little eye candy from time to time…:kissing_heart:

3 Likes

Have 3 Klaern so far, I think they improved the odds of getting him just to tease people! Going to keep 1 just because I do, but really glad soul exchange exists now.

Don’t get me wrong i know Klaern is not good (for me and propably everybody eho is posting here). But honestly i think we need to keep in mind that the playerbase is not coherent. So there are alot of players who may only have S1 5* yet, maybe they are even free to play. From that perspective i think a rush addition like klaern is better then nothing. You need to use what you have.

It is clearly not a hero for advanced rosters.

2 Likes

Anyone who is a few months into this game would know he sucks, and the only reason why they train him would be because there’s no other options. With new heroes coming left and right, it’s not hard even for noobies to see how bad he is. Getting klaern as your first 5* while is better than nothing, is overall an insult overtime

See that’s where i disagree with you.

I think its better to have a maxed Klaern and utilise him in ones roster then just looking and portals and other players which heros are better.

His combined passive skills are unique and something f2p and new player rosters will not have easy access to. So like Magni will only carry them for a period of time, Klaern is a better rush option for a period of time then not having any options.

Edit:

Noor got pretty much the same hate if not even more hate untill some players figured out a use for her in their roster and shared their experience.

There are op-heroes, good ones, mediocre, not so good ones but outside of maybe salmon loki there are no unusable ones. It just depends on ones roster, playstyle and how you utilise heroes.

3 Likes

Salmon Loki is a deity compared to Klaern

I think every newbie f2p who gets Klaern as one of his first 5s should definitely ignore him and focus on his 3/4. They’ll go further in the game with a bunch of emblemed and possibly LB 4* than with this useless guy.

6 Likes

My stance is that people would still begrudgingly level him up if there really is no alternative. But once someone even remotely better than him comes up, people will jump ship
His entire gimmick, I guess, is that he is two classes in one (sorcerer and cleric). The passives are the best things when it comes to this hero and he’s an even better cleric than the entire cleric class, that’s all you get from him. His skills can’t be blocked, but so what? It’s so barebones it doesn’t matter, it’s not like you’re missing out.
Rush is low hanging fruit, any slow hero can perform in rush. Isarnia could probably outperform him there and that is an S1 hero.
I’m struggling to figure out whether he is truly underwhelming or plain unusable.

I came across a leveled klearn the other day. I killed his allies and let him go off twice… Maybe more… But my minions devoured him despite me letting him heal through the water damage… He is terrible… And i acknowledge… Better than nothing… But better than kiril, no… Better than grimm, probably not, better than Sonya, no, better than boril… Not really situation dependent.

So that takes us to 3* heroes… And yes… He is mostly better than all s1 3*. And therein lies the problem… He’s a waste of ascension mats and feeders…

7 Likes

I finally found something Klaern is bad at! He’s a god, a destroyer of worlds, an all-knowing omnipotent superior being, a master of all things except one: getting telescopes.

8 Likes

He is really bad at breaking into any kind of teams

1 Like

that was my first reaction when I summoned him today… :stuck_out_tongue:

I guess he will at least add to my bench depth for quests and stuff :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I guess that’s why SG gave him such a buff bod. At least he can look good while standing there.

Sigh. Klaern reminds me of so many of the guys I met through online dating. Pretty, but absolutely useless.

3 Likes

Klaern take the cup for the most bad HotM from Reuben, congrats to Klaern :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face:

4 Likes

Maybe Klaern’s true purpose is to remind us that the game is very similar to real life rather than an escape?

5 Likes