šŸ… [June 16, 2019] 9th Raid Tournament! ā€” 4* Buff Booster, No Ice/Blue

Donā€™t have any experience using mono teams. If you say the tile damage from a 5tack is enough to kill a hero before they can heal, Iā€™ll trust you.

Well, they would still do slash damage. And if the rule were that specials cause zero direct damage, that would be about the only kind of damage any defense team would do. (Maybe DoT?) So, in that case, a 5tack would be an effective offense against whatever defense. If a team of five healers canā€™t survive the damage, Iā€™m not sure what could.

Even if it didnā€™t, youā€™d have all the time in the world as long as you brought like one healer of your own to heal the slashes and make a diamond / huge cascade.

Right, DoTā€™s would be at a premium I think. Though Iā€™d imagine ramming pulverizer and heroā€™s like Frida could still apply the defense / elemental down portions of their specials which makes for some enormous title damage so thatā€™d be another way to go. Riposte and reflect type specials would still reflect damage I feel like so thatā€™d be another.

Well, unless the timer ran out on you. Thatā€™s what I was getting at. Timer expires; defense wins. As you can see from my first post in this thread, thatā€™s almost been a real issue for me a bunch of times in this tournament, which is what got me thinking about it.

And Rigard and Zimkitha would be even more popular, as a result.

Yep. Thatā€™s valid, but again, Rigard and Zimkitha (heck, even Gill-Ra!) would take on completely outsized importance for their ability to counter with cleanse.

Maybe in combination with some of the other options you mentioned. Not sure reflect on its own would be enough without reflecting a direct damage special. But maybe.

It is kinda cool that we have such a hero variety that almost nothing is unbeatable, huh?

I think Wu Kong handles this quite easily :blush:

WuKong + Wilbur + 3 healer

Easy 25-0

1 Like

15 raids 15wins
Defense grade D over 100 attacks (i lost count around 50th attcak because it only shows last 30)
Last tounament i had defense grade A but i was only attacked 12 timesā€¦

1 Like

By the way hereā€™s my defense teamā€¦ and the possible record of defense.

The first day i was happy :joy::joy: but the defense killed me

1 Like

HELLO TOURNAMENT MATCHMAKER CAN YOU HEAR ME?

ā€¦

HELLO? SG?

Anybody?

Iā€™m ā€¦ Helā€¦ Hello?

Ok, Iā€™ll just ā€¦ wait here?

. . .

Iā€™m sure they know what theyā€™re doing. Iā€™ll just ā€¦ wait here.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s actually quite funny ā€¦ but Iā€™m sure @zephyr1 is going to want to merge your thread here

šŸ… [June 16, 2019] 9th Raid Tournament! ā€” 4* Buff Booster, No Ice/Blue

2 Likes

Well, we all have our crosses to bear. :thinking:

Thatā€™s quite the revelation

3 Likes

Oops, did I say that out loud? *freezes your mana and walks away*

5 Likes

Feeling very much the same as you. Only 4 attacks against me the whole of last tournament, only 2 so far this one. The most I have received since tournaments launched is 6. I see many many others with similar defense team strengths getting attacked 20+ times. Think this still needs some work.

Edit: I brought this up quite awhile back.

To add to this idea and spread the attacks out the system should match make to the defense that meets the criteria outlined with the lowest attacks against it so far. It seems like they donā€™t take how many times a defense has been attacked into consideration at all when matchmaking.

I already surpassed 30 attacks against me.

The system has major problems with defenses that have no emblems. In 3* and 4* tournaments I end with 5-9 total defenses after itā€™s all over. Or at least rosters with not a single emblem on a hero under 5*. For the 5* tournaments I end with about 25ish defenses at least.

Was going to post a picture with just a win the first day and how massively unfair it is between our accounts that a single defense has already created this large gap but seems I was attacked the last hour. Still unfair 2 day advantage though.

I actually would have left it alone, but the replies started veering toward things that fit into the main thread, so here we are, merged over. :man_shrugging:

My defense is getting beaten like a red-headed step child. I donā€™t know how many defenses Iā€™ve had, but itā€™s at least 57. I have a video of the first 27 for record, and I just scrolled through the next 30, and no names overlap. Currently 33.8% win rate.

Iā€™m running mono-red, but I realize Iā€™ve set up a stupid team. I think I mis-clicked at some point setting it upā€¦ Iā€™m running Boldtusk, Colen, Boldtusk +15, Sir Lancelot, Scarlett +14. I meant to put either a Wilbur or Gormek in the mix, but apparently had a mild case of the stupids, and put 3 buffs in that donā€™t stack.

Yeah, I was like ā€œwait - whatā€™s happening here? Are people trying to have some sort of serious discussion? Why would they do that?!ā€. :'D

1 Like

Already spend those 75 gems to continue. Tournaments donā€™t like me. Hereā€™s my 3rd battle day.

1 Like

People take matchmaking very seriously around here. :rofl:

2 Likes