🏅 [June 16, 2019] 9th Raid Tournament! — 4* Buff Booster, No Ice/Blue

NOTE: Based on the volume of posts from the previous Tournament, there will not be separate threads for matchmaking feedback OR defense team performance tracking this time.

Please share matchmaking feedback and defense team performance tracking in this thread.

:spiral_calendar: Schedule

Preparation Phase Begins Battle Phase Begins Rewards Distributed
2019-06-16T08:00:00Z
(08:00 GMT)
2019-06-17T08:00:00Z
2019-06-22T08:00:00Z

:no_pedestrians: This Week’s Restrictions & Special Rule

:fire: :leaves: :snowflake: :new_moon_with_face: :sun_with_face:
Elements Allowed
:superhero: :star2:
Hero Rarities Allowed
:person_fencing: :star2:
Troop Rarities Allowed
:fire: :leaves: :new_moon_with_face: :sun_with_face:
No Ice/Blue
:four: :star:
or lower
:three: :star:
or lower

:dizzy: Special Rule: Buff Booster

Each buffs adds an attack multiplier!

:left_speech_bubble: Before and During the Tournament: Share & Discuss Your Teams, Thoughts, Feedback, and Questions!

:speaking_head: Some topics to start off with:

• Do this week’s restrictions on hero/troop rarity and elements make your bench depth better or worse suited to this Raid Tournament than Regular Raids?

• Are there heroes you’re likely to use for this Tournament that you normally don’t make use of anymore?

• Are there heroes you plan to power level for this Tournament, or level before the next time a Tournament like this one rolls around?

• What are you thinking about using for your Defense Team?

• Are there heroes you expect to see on Enemy Defenses that you think you’ll have a harder time dealing with than usual because of the restrictions or special rule in this Tournament?

• Which of your heroes will you be likely to use on your Attack Teams?

• Will the restrictions or special rule of this Tournament change your usual approach to color stacking or team building?

• Are there elements of this week’s Tournament that are unclear to you?

• Do you have feedback on the Tournament matchmaking?

:clipboard: Defense Team Tracking

Hat tip to @wineybrit for originating this thread idea with the second Raid Tournament

With Raid Tournament matchmaking still being worked on, the distribution of attacks across players has been perplexing so far, and a frequent topic for discussion.

When posting, include:

• Which day of the Tournament is it?

• How may times have you been attacked today, and in total?

• What is your Defense Team’s win/loss record today, and in total?

• What Defense Grade does your Defense Team have?

• Which heroes make up your Defense Team?

• What is the Team Power of your Defense Team?

• What is your current Tournament Score and Ranking?

:gem: After the Tournament: Share Your Results & Rewards!

• What was your score and ranking?

• What did you get for loot?

:world_map: Guide to Raid Tournaments

An overview of how Raid Tournaments work, including Special Rules and Restrictions, Attacking, Matchmaking, Defense Grade, Scoring, and Rewards.

=> Click Here for: :medal_sports: Raid Tournaments – Overview, Attacking, Matchmaking, Scoring, Restrictions, Special Rules, and Rewards

:thinking: Feedback on Raid Tournaments

:bug: Bug Reporting

Please see these threads for existing bug reports before creating a new report

Click for Existing Bug Reports

:link: Related Topics

Click for Older Threads

General

Eighth Raid Tournament

Seventh Raid Tournament

Sixth Raid Tournament

Fifth Raid Tournament

Fourth Raid Tournament

Third Raid Tournament

Second Raid Tournament

First Raid Tournament

Older Threads from Before Raid Tournaments Launched

1 Like

To reiterate what I said above, this will be the ONLY thread for the Ninth Raid Tournament.

Please share all feedback on matchmaking, and post all defense team performance tracking here, in addition to discussion and questions about this week’s Special Rule and Restrictions.

Thanks! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

No blue??? Again??? :man_facepalming:t2:

1 Like

No blue is to encourage use of red. This way not only Sonya is out but also people may think twice if / how they use a host of green dispellers like Caedmon or Melendor.
Quite smart limitation actually. Last time on Buff Booster tournament they just switched off green iirc.
Good that I have Sabina ready xD

1 Like

Two weeks ago, its already no blue, right?

Yeah we just did this one…

I’m going with a mono red defense. Something like:

Scarlett - Falcon - Wilbur - Boldtusk - Gormek

1 Like

Why no 3 star tournement , now is 4 weeks or longer that we dont have 3 star tournement ?

@zephyr1, any ideea about that?

No, I’m not sure if the weekly restrictions and Special Rule are being picked by Staff, are on some kind of rotation (doesn’t seem like it), or are just RNG.

I also don’t know how, if at all, having several weeks without Tournaments may have affected any potentially intended rotation.

1 Like

Scarlett - Falcon - Boldtusk - Wilbur - Lancelot

3 Likes

Scarlett - Falcon - Boldtusk - Wilbur - Colen

3 Likes

@Whiskey @Steve9999 Looks like you two have similar ideas. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Scarlet Boldie Wilbur Colen Kelile

1 Like

Looks like a few of us do.

2 Likes

Do you really think that Wilbur is a good idea? He gives a buff to all opponents as well.

1 Like

Yeah but that was 5*.

1 Like

@Alaine

No problem, since he gives 63% def up to your team and 44% def down to the others.

The little att up for damage sharing won’t count much then.

bleh… really wanted a 3 star buff booster tourny as like none of my 4 stars buff lol. Don’t mind no blue so much this time around.

I’m hoping my 4/70^4 Colen at tank causes people problems as it’ll be harder to explode him with no blue.

all in all another early exit and crap loot looks to be coming my way. I’d seriously rather play the old tournament with crap loot and one less day. The extra day guarantee’s I won’t be placing well so in a lot of ways, even though the loot was “improved” it’s much much harder for me to get so overall loot is much worse for me now.

Sucks such a promising feature is now pretty much just “fill raid chests faster” for me.

1 Like

I’m using what I have.
Wu - BT - Wilbur - Scarlett - Proteus

2 Likes