[Jun 12, 2019] 🔵 Trials of Mysticism Teams – Share Yours & Discuss!

It’s time for Trials of Mysticism!

This is the Third of the Trials in the 5th Cycle!

NOTE: The Trials officially start at 7:00:00 AM (07:00 GMT). This post is scheduled to go live 30 minutes earlier at 6:30:00 AM (06:30 GMT).

If you do not see the Class Trial in Quests as of 7:00:00 AM (07:00 GMT), force quitting and reopening the app or restarting your device will usually work.

:world_map: Full Guide

=> Click Here for the Guide to Trials of Mysticism

Now that the Class Trials are on their 5th Cycle and seem to have reasonably stabilized, I’ve moved all of the guide information to a separate thread.

:ballot_box: Polls

How did you do last time on Trials of Mysticism?

• Last time I beat all 3 stages
  • Last time I beat just the first 2 stages
  • Last time I beat just the first stage
  • Last time I wasn’t playing yet, or was unable to beat any stages
  • Last time…I’m not sure, they’re all a blur

0 voters

How did you do this time on Trials of Mysticism?

• This time I beat all 3 stages
  • This time I beat just the first 2 stages
  • This time I beat just the first stage
  • This time I couldn’t beat any of the stages

0 voters

Did you need to use a lot of items this time on Trials of Mysticism?

(hat tip to @JAWS_3D for this question)

• Yeah, I nuked the bosses from space. Ripley would approve.
  • I used some items to finish off the bosses, but it wasn’t the full arsenal
  • I used support items like mana, banners, healing, and maybe a battle item or two, but nothing too crazy
  • I just used some minor items, like healing, mana, or antidotes
  • I didn’t use any items

0 voters

Overall, how do you feel about Trials of Mysticism?

(hat tip to @Rapisu for inspiring this question)

• I love all the Trials equally :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
  • It’s definitely my FAVORITE of the Trials
  • I like it more than many of the Trials
  • It’s about average for me
  • I dislike it more than many of the Trials
  • It’s definitely my LEAST FAVORITE of the Trials
  • I hate all of the Trials, give me my Emblems and let me get back to farming :rage:

0 voters

:left_speech_bubble: Share Your Team & Results!

Post your team in a comment down below, and how you did!

:dizzy: Special Questions for Trials of Mysticism

• Ulmer and Skittleskull both debuff your whole team, for defense and attack, respectively. How did you deal with that? Some possible options are using Proteus to prevent them firing, using antidotes to remove the debuffs, or using Kiril to overwrite the debuffs with buffs. Did you use any of those approaches, or perhaps others?

• Unlike some class combinations, Wizards and Sorcerers offer some healers to choose from. Do you have any available, and did you bring any on your team?

• Proteus truly shines on Quests in general. Do you have him, and if so, did you bring him along for these Trials?

:grey_question: Standard Questions for All Trials

• Did your team change notably since last time?

• Did changes to your team make the Trials any easier or harder?

• What items did you use, if any?

• What are you doing with your shiny new Emblems?

• If you beat Stage 3, who’s eating the 3* Trainer Hero?

• Anything else interesting to share?

:link: You may also be interested in these older threads from previous times Trials of Mysticism occurred:

5 Likes

Weak trials for me:

Gill-Ra 3/50 / Balthazar +1 / Skittles 3/60 / Sabina + 9 / Ulmer 3/50

Could theoretically have taken Graymane 3/50, a second Balthazar 3/50, Chochin 3/50. Decided for the buffs/de-buffs.

First two levels were quite easy (second one was long, considering the damage output, but I was never in any danger). Did use one Arrow Attack to force misses on the bosses in the second level.

With three 3 star heroes in any conceivable team, I’m going to be passing on the third level.

Sabina is still a couple of emblems short of +10, and I have no suitable wizards to date. (Sooner or later, TC20 has to drop Kirill, right?)

3 Likes

Kiril - Sartana - Mitsuko - Hel - Onatel

Did the first two levels this morning and got through with Kiril, Anzogh, Quintus and 2 x Onatel - just waiting for energy to try level 3

1 Like

My team last time.

Team this time. Nice to see my leveling progress on troops. Mitz is at 3/70 now and seems to still be the most likely candidate for the rings i have waiting to give to to someone. I’ve been taking her into raids more and it’s so much fun to see Magni kill himself on her special!

Didn’t use a single item. Which makes this trial my favorite!
I also gave Onatel a node of emblems since last time. She seems to still be the best tank for me to use.
I’ve sort of moved away from color feeding heroes and have been force feeding a few 5s to max them faster. So, the 3* trainer will probably be fed to Ariel. She makes my maxed 5* #7. She’s just a few levels away from completing.

This is before giving her the trainer. So, it will help get her there. Pretty cool since i pulled her into final ascension on sunday morning!

4 Likes

I bring them both but Proteus already take care of them handily.

Sabina, Kiril, and Kasshrek.

Absolutely, can he become multi-class?

Ulmer out, Kiril in. Proteus, Sabina, and Kiril maxed and emblemed.

Old Team:

New Team (Dragon Attacks replaced by Mana Potions):

Far easier.

3x Healing Potions, 6x Minor Mana Potions, 2x Bomb Attacks, & 1x Mana Potion:

Going to give it to Proteus and Sabina when I have resources to be spent.

Need more food… :cut_of_meat::sweat_drops:

9 Likes

I lead off wuth a bomb and dragon attack. I was trying to conserve resources but when Kiril went down I used another bomb and dragon attack. Probably not needed but I did not want to spend gems so I was cautious.

2 Likes

The purple squad killed the first 2 stages no problem. Third stage might be a bit too hard unless I get lots of purple tiles :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

Last time Kiril was 1/22
Proteus was 1/35
Ursena in for Jahangir

2 Likes

Kiril 4/70 // Ameonna 4/70+11 // Ursena 3/70 // Skittleskull 4/70 // Proteus 4/70+9.
5 health potions and 6 small mana potions.

empires

4 Likes

That was my team. Sabina 4.70+11, Proteus 4.70+6, Sartana 3.53, Anzogh 2.55, Kiril 4.70+6. Ofcourse, Anzogh died pretty easily because he is underleveled. Had to use all 5 medium mana pots to get Proteus going. Used a few bombs to keep attack down on bosses. And 1 health pot and 1 dragon attack.

4 Likes

No photo or anything but:

Team used:
Kiril (4/70), isarnia (3/70), onatel (4/80 +4), Proteus (4/70), sartana (3/70)

Made it through all three levels:

• no sorcerer heroes used
  • no items used
  • no heroes killed
  • no boss specials fired off
  • all heroes on >90% health at the end

Trials involving wizard class are by far the easiest for me to complete… Almost an OP class overall…

3 Likes

My team last time: Ameonna 3/60, Kiril 4/70+15, Kashhrek 4/70, Jahangir 3/50, Proteus 4/70
My team this time: Hel 3/43, Kiril 4/70+17, Kashhrek 4/70, Anzogh 2/12, Proteus 4/70

-With Proteus and Hel to keep the bosses from firing, and Kiril to overwrite debuffs, I didn’t have any issue.
-For healers I had Kashhrek, Kiril, and Anzogh. Even though Anzogh does damage as well, I felt that I was too healer heavy. Unfortunately, I didn’t have many other options.
-Yes, I brought Proteus. I also brought along Hel this time, the dual mana control was very helpful for the bosses.

-Yes, I replaced Ameonna with Hel and Jahangir with Anzogh.
-The extra mana control and damage made it possible to beat the third stage this time.
-I only used damaging items on the bosses. I had plenty of heals to keep my heroes alive.
-I am saving the emblems. I don’t have a sorcerer I want to use them on and the wizard emblems will be for Hel when she is maxed.
-Hel ate the trainer hero.

2 Likes

My team this time is the same as my team last time. The only heroes I’ve leveled since the last trial who might make the cut are Gill-Ra and Merlin (3.40), neither of which are strong enough to elbow their way onto the team.

I rolled into the final fight with everyone locked and loaded. I started with a bomb for the attack debuff and used Proteus to lock down Balthazar and Quintus. I then dropped tiles on Ulmer until he fired into Mitsuko’s reflect. Lather, rinse, repeat.

I forgot to reapply the bomb attack debuff, and Kiril took a shot (normal attack from Quintus). Thankfully, he could handle it, but it was a reminder to keep the debuff up. The boards were kind, and I had no issues with keeping Proteus’s and Mitsuko’s effects going until Ulmer and Balthazar were both dead.

Next time I will drop the antidotes for mana pots.

The trainer will be saved for my next dark 5* (Seshat?). The emblems will go to Mitsuko and… I really need to figure out what to do with Wizard emblems.

4 Likes

I call this team “KIRIL’S ANGELS”:

I’d watch this show!

5 Likes

Already at level 30, but I think I can not win stage 3.

This is what I use.

Current progress sofar (sabina should in the list, forget):
https://forum.smallgiantgames.com/uploads/short-url/dwdAxBfrmLXjPMJCtSLPzngxQbR.jpeg

4 Likes

Do you have Ulmer or Graymane? Their element is ice/blue which could help against red mobs and neutral against purple mobs, if you can get past the mob waves with 4x Axes, 5x Bombs, 5x Dragon Attacks intact, you can carpet bomb the bosses and use Proteus 1x to finish them.

2 Likes

My Team Last Time

My Team This Time

The Battle

Same as last time, except I used 11 minor healing this time.

Shiny New Emblems

Proteus stepped up 1, and Sabina stepped up 2.

Click for Screenshots

Another Wizard

Merlin ate the Trainer Hero, and is perhaps going to make his debut today in War.

6 Likes

14 days ago, this is my rosters… not much change…

And Ulmer is after 2nd Gato, and maybe I will not leveling him.
Later I will use Anzogh, and maybe if Proteus and Sabina maxed, it will help.