šŸŽ­ [July 20, 2020] Costume Event ā€“ The Masquerade ā€“ FAQ, Discussion & Summoning Results

Pulled Azlar! My first 5* costume. I see heā€™s a reverse Kage doing double damage when an enemy has less than 50% remaining. A guy whoā€™s already near death would probably be killed by his 205% damage anyway so is costume Azlar better than vanilla?

Today was a good day!

6 Likes

Does anyone have a guess at which 5* heroes will be featured in next monthā€™s Costume Chamber? From my understanding, all of the 5* heroes currently in the Costume Portal have been featured now. Only Joon/Isarnia have been featured twice.

Featured History

Nov 2019: Joon, Isarnia
Dec 2019: No Costume Chamber
Jan 2020: Richard, Horghall
Feb 2020: Lianna, Vivica
Mar 2020: Joon, Isarnia
April 2020: Elena, Quintus
May 2020: Magni, Domitia (Costume batch 2 added)
June 2020: Sartana, Kadilen
July 2020: Elkanen, Azlar
August 2020: ???

Does it go back to Joon/Isarnia next month? or Richard/Horghall?

I currently have 26 Costume Keys now after the quest. Iā€™m opting to save my keys as I have 1 Noor already and I am mostly hoping to increase my chances of C.Joon and C. Lianna.

1 Like

I canā€™t remember what the 1st 2 pulls were. Dups of course, but I am pleased to announce I pulled Rigard c. Quite excited!!!

:grin:

4 Likes

I was thinking about this today tooā€¦ do I save my last 2 pulls and hope for Vivica being featured (have her maxed, want the costume) or use the keys now (I did not have the will power to wait and immediately got a 3* on the first, need one more key for the 2nd pull).

I do not think it will be Joon and Isarniaā€¦ I think they just went twice because the Nov 2019 summon did not include the base hero, so they got a redo. I would guess either Richard/Horghall or maybe Magni/Domitia. They could loop through the 2nd set again since the first set had higher odds (due to a lower number of 5*s available at the time). They could also start mixing up pairs.

Either way I donā€™t think thereā€™s any new costumes in beta right now so I doubt we get new costumes. I just hope they donā€™t loop through these 7 pairs before we get any new ones. I guess looping through just the 2nd set would give 3 months to get new costumes in beta and ready to go.

As for what I gotā€¦ 14 keys to start (4 left waiting for 1 more), the 3 sale sets, and the event ones gave me 8 pulls. Even though I got mostly duplicates of 3s and 4s I did get Berden which I was missing, leveling now as I have one maxed and that will be nice for some 3* tournaments.

Just wanted to emphasise how good costume Rigard is. Been desperately trying for Boldtusk and with the costume Rigard, donā€™t feel the need as much.

The mana bonus and the ranger mana bonus with my +9% mana troop and Rigard is up most of the time. The extra attack means even my thin bench is punchy. The trouble now is finding a 5 star healer that offers as much as costume Rigard.

Great work making old heros lovable. Even found little John impressive. Mana down again with the bonus heā€™s much more usable and boss fights much more survivable- costume variety dodge helps on big Titans where 4 stars are a bit squishy.

1 Like

Nice! I did one pull and got Little John costume. Will be saving the remaining 21 keys for next time. Honestly, it probably doesnā€™t matter but I want to maximize my chances at C. Joon and C. Lianna.

My thought process was: I already got C.Magni and C. Sartana. Although I have 6 tonics and 6 rings, even if I pulled C. Elkanen or C. Azlar, I probably wouldnā€™t use mats on them at this very moment.

1 Like

I pulled Horghallā€™s costume today. Considering all the great green 5* heros I have, Telluria, Zeline, Kingston, Tarlak, Evelyn, and Lianna, I donā€™t see Horghall getting level anytime soon. But, he was one of the classic 5* heros I didnā€™t possess. :wink:

1 Like

Pulled Caedmonā€™s costume on my main and got a nice surprise in Julyā€™s HoTM, Noor. For red 5 stars, I donā€™t have any snipers, all the ones I got are slow speed. I might level her up considering she is the only red 5 star that isnā€™t from the vanilla roster.

4 Likes

Using 3 different type of mana controllers is amazing:
Mana stopper: Proteus
Mana slower: Mist
Mana cutter: Mitsuko

No need for mana potion or time stop. From the start to finish, the last stageā€™s bosses cannot fire even once.

4 Likes

Upon rereading Azlarā€™s card itā€™s not clear if he does 410% to the target and nearby enemies if the target has less than 50% remaining or is the nearby enemy damage always 205 and itā€™s only the target who suffers double damage.

In addition to the free pulls, I had ten keys accumulated and also bought the three offers. Still donā€™t have Noor, but want her for her cuteness. Of the featured heroes, Azlar would be nice. If I get extremely lucky, Joon would be really nice.

My last keys netted me:

My most recent red ascension was Kong and GM before that. Now sitting on five rings; was planning on ascending Anzogh next but Azlar seems tempting, albeit slow. Still no Noor, thoughā€¦

7 Likes

Scored a good one

No shots sorry but found it easier than the last one

8 Likes

It should just be called featured hero history. Youā€™ll find the costumes in there as well.

2 Likes

Is he worth to level up? I think he could be a good tankā€¦???

3 Likes

Heā€™s a pretty good tankā€¦I like the original version better with costume bonus than the costumed version personally.

1 Like

Azlar with costume is beastlyā€¦Iā€™d do him over the troll for sure!

@Utkuak - I would ascend cAzlar. Heā€™s a beast with the costume on. Mind you, I leveled and emblemed regular Azlar since he was my very first 5* hero. I use him a lot in raids, wars, tournaments and events. Great pull! Good luck with whatever decision you make! :wink:

RNG has been so generous with me, giving me various free keys from monster/raid chests in the past month, that it had to take its little revenge: got dupes Brienne, Balthazar, Isshtak and Renfeld. Last one granted me a Horghall, but I honestly donā€™t know if i should or shouldnā€™t be happy about it. I read only awesomely awful reviews about him/it/whatever.

Costumed Rigard still keeps avoiding me :sob:

2 Likes

Bought the loot ticket/gem offer today.
Pulled 3 times using gems and got Friar Tuck, some other 3*. and Little John - already have him max (no emblems) so will do his costume at some point. I have better and more important heroes to finish first (Elena, Snow White, Isarnia, JF, Lianna, Sartana - plus i have Skittle Costume half done so will finish that before LJā€™s)

1 Like