Iris – 5* Ice / Blue - February 2022 HOTM (Hero of the Month) -- Initial Release

I guess happier because she got buffed. Something to cheer about =)

2 Likes

It’s a rare happy occasion. Maybe SGG felt generous cos 1 Feb is the first day of (Chinese) Lunar New Year, auspicious day.

Give some, receive more back.

But then probably not.

1 Like

No. Francine does not cleanse buffs, only ailments. And Iris gets mana on buff dispel, not ailment cleanse.

3 Likes

True. My bad.
20 chars

I think they realized that this hero is their chance to dethrone some of the META defenses recently and make people summon for new defensive power.

Iris counters both taunters and dodgers - and these dominate the top arena. With her around, the cups will drop and people are going to need to revisit. And heroes will come to portals to replace those Krampuses and Kadilens in no time.

8 Likes

And so does C.Sabina, Malosi and Mist. But they are not dethroned now.

5 Likes

All agree. But C Sabina is average speed, Malosi limited to one target and Mist won’t help if the buff is already there. You’re not always comfortable taking Malosi for a fight or can limit break and emblem 4 star heroes for them to face legendaries.

Not saying it’s gamechanging alone - I personally laugh at taunters with my two Onyxes. But well it’s another brick, different color allowing to form a different stack, quite easy to obtain and a 5 star. Fast on top of it and with a solid hit. Will definitely help many.

7 Likes

The taunt comes into game , and it will be despeled if pasive not make it undispelsble

so you hit ludwig flanked with cKadilen with iris, kadilen casts dodge, dodge is dispelled with or without possiblity to dodge its dispel?

1 Like

Hmmm, no…that lynx is too good to dismiss, and Devana’s elemental link is gold too!

3 Likes

I would LOVE to get this hero. My Christmas team is always Skadi - C Kiril - Sonya. Iris would be a huge upgrade from Sonya because you can use her BEFORE Krampus or Ludwig get their taunt. Great HOTM compared to most of last year’s IMO.

9 Likes

:rofl: I am waiting for one dart to level up & LB Devana… Aethers ready !
while
WolfganG, Odin, PL, Ureaus, Sif wait for their turn… someday !

:rofl: at the speed to anyhow somehow comment…

Keen to hear your explaination:

• What will that Lynx do to LudwiG & double taunt defences… :rofl:
    &
  • What Iris will do…?
  • Strike or Pre-emptive Strike : which is better ? (I already know, you like that minion)

Re-Read the the comment properly… was said in a specific context :wink:

If you’re talking specifically about Ludwig, then yeah Iris is better. Xmas defense with Krampus? I’ll take Devana.

1 Like

The ailment can only be dodged if there is an active dodge when the ailment is cast. Per your scenario, the ailment - dispell over turn - cannot be dodged. It acts the same as any other ailment over turn. It works the same as say: fire damage from Marjana or poison damage from Sartana…the initial cast can be dodged if dodge is active at that time, but each turn of the ailment cannot be dodged individually :nerd_face::nerd_face:

1 Like

Emilio and other vf effect blockers and cleansing healers just became more important on taunt defenses. Also C Francine steps up also to negate her effect.

can we just appreciate 1) something new in the game and 2) something obviously better than what was presented in beta?

yes, i get it, i don’t know what advantage Iris’s skill would have over a Malosi or C. Sabina, but that’s the beauty of it being new! we can play around with it and see what happens and where it can be applied that maybe the others won’t be as advantageous. off the top of my head, there’s only one advantage i can think of Iris has over, at least, C. Sabina/ Mist and that’s for heroes with passive resistance to buff immunity.

sadly, despite doing well over 100 summons in the month of January, i didn’t get Viscaro, but if i pull Iris, i’ll be glad to have a new skill to play around with. i could probably slot her on my blue team that already has Sonya, and maybe Sonya can dispel a Taunt and give Iris the opening to remove any other buffs that were protected by Taunt.

it’s day one. live a little!

11 Likes

The only scenario DispOT is useful is when let’s say you’re against krampus, sif, Ludwig, Wolfgang and they fire their skills turn by turn. DispOT essentially eliminates the need to time your dispel

1 Like

Most likely no. Because that dispel is from a status effect, not a skill. So it should bypass c kad’s dodge and dispel that buff anyways

C sabinas pre dispel is still better in that scenario

Yeah, that’s if you don’t have c Sabina. Stat wise iris would be better, but her DispOT is just splash, which it should have been AOE to begin with.

1 Like