Increase Hero Levels [special skill levelling]

Correct the possibilities for increasing the Heroes’ Level, it is extremely annoying when you complete the hero and the Level is not yet at maximum, especially the 3*, as you have to spend more feeders to reach the maximum level. What an annoying and unnecessary thing.

5 Likes

Unnecessary and annoying is an understatement

5 Likes

feeding heroes to your 3 *s is cheaper, per fed hero, than feeding to 4 or 5 stars. A two star feeder gives more than twice the xp of a three star feeder but only twice the chance of special skill improvement. In every way it is better to feed 1 *s to 3 *s.

Feeding colour for colour also increases chance of special skill improvement. In feeding 3 *s with same colour 1 *s, I don’t recall ever not meeting the special skill requirement.

If you don’t meet the requirement, feeding 10 same coloured 1 *s will give a 100% chance to improve the hero’s special skill. It’s not a big deal.

2 Likes

Did you mean to talk after the hero is complete? Because here the XP and chance of leveling up are the same as 4* and 5*.

Exactly. Get your 3* fully levelled to 3^50 and then each Sharon will be worth 10%.

3 Likes

:laughing: That’s the only time she’s worth anything!

(Alright; she’s also good for a laugh now and then, like when you come across a LB/20 emblem Sharon in a raid. :rofl:) (I admit I fully emblèmes Sigrunn back in the beginning just so I knew what to expect.) (And once I knew what to expect, I emblèmes Graymane. :face_with_hand_over_mouth: It hadn’t occurred to me that some heroes are brittle little meringues who drop dead when an enemy sneezes.)

(Allow me a moment to brag: this past week, I celebrated my one-year anniversary of playing E&P while reading everyone moaning about how the RNG is evil to them and trying to stuff down my guilt about them having such horrid luck because I got it all.) (Just one small example: When I woke up yesterday, I had three hero’s worth of Valhalla tokens, and I pulled four-, five-, and four-star heroes. One was a repeat.) (If I told you what happened during the birthday celebration, you might smash your device in frustration, so I’ll keep my donut-hole shut.)

(Given my terrific luck, I’d prolly be unstoppable if I knew what I’m doing! :smiling_face:)

4 Likes

Having fun by the sound of things. :+1:

I’ve hopefully learned a few things, but, for sentimental reasons, I’ve levelled up a Layla and Jenneh for use in the first round of the Legends quest when that appears. However, in other circumstances, 2 *s are pretty useless and, even in legends, there would be more practical options.

1 Like

I remember that ScndStar back in the day asked a statician/statistician… someone good with probabilities, what the best way to go about levelinf 3* was regarding this exact topic. Apparently, he suggested levelling them 1 (same color) hero at a time. That gave the best chance of gaining 1 SS level.

I’ve been doing that ever since (besides my 2 year break) and don’t have many issues. I usually can get them maxed or at least to SS level 7 before they’re 3/50.

In the example above, i have to do this 5 times, on a hero I’ve levelled 3 times already. It’s annoying to have to pump even more resources into the same hero

4 Likes

You’ve maxed a 3* once.

Use same colour one stars and it won’t be a problem.

But I guess any levelling may also be “annoying”, or satisfying when you achieve it well/to full result. Enjoy your half-filled glass. Game well.

1 Like

Please vote here :arrow_down:

This minor detail is very annoying and it happens all the time. No need for it to still be happening.

1 Like

This is a perception issue. You’re not “done” until you’re done. If that involves leveling up the skill, then you have to level up the skill. No issue there except for your expectations.

For the record, I have tried doing 1* feeders delivered one at a time, and ive tried pushing the % as high as my roster space will allow. The results dont change.

This system was developed before costumes appeared. Before LB1 existed. Before LB2 existed. There is no reason to have this choke-point at the base max level now (3/50 or 4/70 or 5/80). To make heroes competitive we sre going to have to keep levelling them beyond those points. And then add emblems.

Getting a 3* costume to max level of special skill before the hero level is maxed carries a fairly high chance of failure, imo.

What is the point? And if you are here arguing otherwise, why wouldnt you want this resolved? What incentive is there to have a chance of wasting feeders you could employ elsewhere?

Utterly pointless to continue with this.

2 Likes

This whole forum is filled with perception issues, not least your own :wink:

2 Likes

Huh. That’s actually a good idea. I always feel like a dope when confronted with a team in a quest that has a team power of 1400 (and then rises to other teeny, tiny TPs, too). I feel like a jerk trying to make my least-powerful team to fight ‘em, and it’s about 3200 TP. Having some “tough” :two::star2: heroes to use instead might work nicely, and leave the weakish heroes so I can use ‘em when warranted.

I sure am! Though having read a lot in the forum, I’m thinking it’s a shame I didn’t find this game a year earlier than I did. I get the impression the game is on its last legs, and when I think about it, I’m sad that once I get some of my really killer heroes maxed, there may be nothing to do with ‘em because the game will have imploded. :cold_sweat:

1 Like

The game will have done something but I think it will have much the same structure but with a potentially smaller player base, less funding, and less investment in the game. In my view this is because of the rapid rate of power ‘creep’ and high spenders not wanting to keep playing catch up. But it will remain a fun tile matching game and we’ll see what tools they will give us to play it. :hand_with_index_finger_and_thumb_crossed:

1 Like

The first console game I really got into, Resistance, had an online co-op component which was where I met my clan mates. Over time, fewer and fewer played the co-op part, until there was only a handful of us left playing it. We didn’t even get anything out of it (we’d all acquired all the trophies), but did it for the chance to hang with our buds (one of whom was the number one spec ops in the world; the stories he had!). The company left the server up for an awfully long time. I’m assuming the same will happen with Empires & Puzzles. I don’t genuinely believe it’ll implode; it’ll just slowly fizzle out the way Resistance co-op did.

(I hope those aren’t famous last words!)

Oh! Another example was the co-op game from the Half-Life people. It was … Team Fortress, I think? That’s another one where they left the server up for years after all the fervent players dwindled.

1 Like