I did 60 pull is this normal that i didnt got a single 5* not even the Hotm ( im about to quit)

:rofl: :scream: :money_mouth_face:

Looks like every hero could be maxed just with own duplicates.

My roster doesnā€™t have enough slots for not even the Margarets.

:poop:

1-and since sports donā€™t get banned we should consider them absolved of any wrongdoing or instigating harmful behaviour? of course sports are problematic area as well! should we ban them? um, no? but itā€™s obvuious some thing need revision? maybe like gacha?

2- fine, i cannot use successful lawsuites against tobacco industry as an example but my point still stands unfortunately. gacha games are perhaps not as extreme but how long did it take for sg to publish odds? as far as i understand they werent always there. why is the game not limited to 18+ only? is it recognized as gambling bussiness and taxed as such? are we seriously thinking there is nothing shady going on here?

bottom line- personal responsibility is something dreadful lacking in this world unfortunately, but it is NOT absolute. since weā€™re imperfect, at some point we cannot claim total responsibility anymore. or are we gods? iā€™m not saying people that got fooled by the system are totally guilt free, but claiming itā€™s just their fault and the system in place is fine is not okay. and even worse to mock them (in)directly.

and garanwyn, youre a moderator and as such you are unable to say gacha and thus sg sucks. you simply cannot be objective in this matter. but since iā€™m addressing you directly id also like to say i have great respect for your posts and math work it has put things in perspective many times. of course, here weā€™re in total disagreement it seems

1 Like

@Garanwyn bit unrelated but still- iā€™ll soon level my second set of 5* and i wanted to ask on forum for help setting up raid and war defence teams. can i tag you when i do? iā€™d like your say on the matter :slight_smile:

Masturbation would lower your odds? Chastity goes HotM.
Ridiculous :rofl:

I totally agree that the game should be 18+, or at least that the game should be forceably restricted to F2P for those under 18.

Itā€™s definitely not a gambling game, though, because you literally never, ever, have a chance to get anything of actual value no matter how much you spend.

There is a 100% chance that your cash will disappear, to be replaced only by pixels that canā€™t be sold or transferred. Any money that you put into the game is just as gone as if youā€™d spent it on watching a movie, or lit it on fire because you wanted a cheerful glow. With gambling, at least thereā€™s a chance that youā€™ll have more money at the end than the beginning.

I can totally say gacha sucks if I wish. I have actually encouraged lots of people to go F2P on the forum, and suggested that people de-link their credit cards from their google play accounts. Iā€™m also a very strong advocate of up-front budget decisions on summons, becauseā€“much like with auctionsā€“itā€™s easy to get caught up in the moment and spend too much. As you say, people have a weakness in this area. And a wise person doesnā€™t put themselves into temptation without strong checks.

I have brainstormed with @Zephyr1 ways to make clearer to people just how abysmally bad the draw probabilities are. Thatā€™s one of the reasons we started quoting how many tens or hundreds of thousands of people are likely to not get what they want, even after spending hundreds of dollars. Because I think people need to go in with eyes wide open. No one should be suckered or hoodwinked. I wish the draw probabilities were displayed much more prominently.

I also just recently encouraged people on the forum not to do the 75 gem re-buys in the tournament, because I donā€™t want SG making enough money off them that they decide not to restore the tourney loot.

I promise Iā€™m not in SGā€™s pocket. Iā€™m not saying I canā€™t be bought, but it takes a heck of a lot more than a free t-shirt :slight_smile:

Thanks! Iā€™m glad youā€™ve found my posts helpful! And, for what itā€™s worth, I believe smart people of good conscience can still disagree on lots of issues. The world would be pretty boring if we all felt and thought the same.

2 Likes

Certainly! Iā€™ll be happy to offer what advice I can.

Gacha sucks.

Iā€™m fine with SGG overall, or I wouldnā€™t play this game or be a volunteer moderator, but that doesnā€™t mean I agree with everything they do.

I often say so on the Forum.

Wait, you got a t-shirt? I didnā€™t lol.

4 Likes

In theory? I mean, I havenā€™t actually got one. But they suggested one might be forthcoming.

2 Likes

Ah, I see. I think something similar was mentioned when I came on as a moderatorā€¦

1 Like

@Garanwyn as long as we agree gacha sucks iā€™m fine :stuck_out_tongue: i still do not agree itā€™s not a gambling game, because even though you donā€™t get money, the principle and the pleasure loop is the same, otherwise the comparison with lottery wouldnā€™t stand also.

and youā€™re right about the advice to players, you and @zephyr1 definitely gave out a lot of valuable information to the players and i love that every thread about current hotm has a detailed warning about the odds and links. credit where credit is due. also, my moderator comment wasnā€™t meant in mean spirit, i believe biases are a given thing, were human after all. but youā€™ve proved me somewhat wrong :upside_down_face:

expect me to tag you soon (hopefully).

2 Likes

Not for nothing, but:

[quote=ā€œzephyr1, post:112, topic:97274ā€]
I promise Iā€™m not in SGā€™s pocketā€¦
[/quote

Thatā€™s a good thing,
I think if all the moderators were just pawns of SG and unable to give us their honest or unbiased opinion it would come through in the posts and replies. Players would be less likely to come here for advice on certain topics. Especially when they have questions or grievances about purchasing items, like this thread we are on.
Or, if I was asking for advice on how to get through a really hard quest and their advice was ā€œKeep trying, and in order to keep going you will need to stock up on World Energy Flasks. You can get the Energy Drink Pack for the next 1D 7H at the special rate of just 1200 Gems! Thanks for asking and keep on playing this excellent game brought to you by SMALL giant!ā€ My next move would be to delete my account with this forum and go elsewhere to get advice.

A little exaggeration, but I think you get my point. Thanks to all the moderators and players, Iā€™m getting some really good tips.:+1:

2 Likes

61 pulls in the last valhalla portal for just one 5*. Hours and hours of farming and collecting coins, buy some offersā€¦ all for just one non desired 5*. No spending at all is the best you can do with this game.

1 Like

Perfectly normal. I have gotten 2 five stars in a single 10 pull and nothing in a hundred pulls

What is normal for me is that in every 10 pull you get a 5*. Spending 3000 gems to get nothing is annoying, itā€™s bad luck, ok, but spending 18.000 gems to get nothing itā€™s too unfair, it makes you hate the game. In fact I used to buy offers and spend, I wonā€™t do it anymore. If they think thatā€™s the smart strategy to go on with the game, 100 pulls to get nothing, they are completely wrong. My budget goes from 60 euros per month to close to 0 and Iā€™m sure Iā€™m not the only one. When the game will give me the six new 5* that I deserve, maybe I will go back to my monthly budget for gaming. Meanwhile, Iā€™ll just play and share in every forum, group or social network my bad experience to disencourage others to spend. I used to tell my alliance members to buy some offers and do a 10 pull every two or three events. Now what I say is: look at my roster, is it great, isnā€™t it? Ok, however donā€™t spend, donā€™t dare do it, you will regret it!

1 Like

Please donā€™t email me. The forum is the place for this. Nobody is forcing you to spend money. It is very clearly stated on every pull screen, what the odds are of getting a 5 star. In some cases, it is less than 1%.
Iā€™m not advocating for them, but they are not cheating you in any way.

Yes they are, the more you pull, the more the results should be to what probability says, thatā€™s exactly how probability works. If you toss the coin just 10 times, it could happen that you get 9 heads and 1 tails, but if you keep on tossing you will see how heads and tails get close to 50%. The more cases there are, the more accurate probability is. Thatā€™s why I say that it could happen that in a 10 pull you donā€™t get nothing, but it doesnā€™t make sense that someone does 130 pulls and doesnā€™t get a single 5*, not even the hotm when the probabilities of getting any 5* is around 3%.
To be sure that there is no biased probability all the pulls results should be public, that would be the only way to prove that probability is the one announced in the portals, that if you donā€™t get a single 5* from 500 pulls is because the one pulling after you got fifteen 5* from 20 pulls.

No, thatā€™s not how probability works. Every draw is an independent event. The odds do not change from pull to pull. It is gamblerā€™s fallacy to start thinking you are ā€œdueā€ after a barren run.

The results will closer match the odds after thousands of pulls, not 130.

5 Likes

This is money sucking game. What do you expect? The game was developed by SG who was bought by Zynga by $500M.

If you pull 130 times with a probability of 3% of a 5* (not sure what it is, just taking your number) the chances of 0 5* is 1.9%. Letā€™s assume out of a million(ish) active players doing pulls (could be over one event, or over a year, depending on how much is spent) then you will get 19,000 pulling 0 5*s. I wonder how many of those would come to the forum to complain about itā€¦

1 Like