How is Coronavirus impacting you

Yes… and teachers are pushing to get air purifiers in the classroom too… not sure how that’s gonna go. Lol

3 Likes

When the lock downs started, authorities in China were welding peoples doors shut from the outside, locking residents in. Anybody remember that?

1 Like

China can do that, they are surveillance state. But the rest of the world???

1 Like

I have been slightly fortunate in that other than working from home and not being able to go to the football of a Saturday we haven’t been too badly affected. However will need to see how the new lockdown measures announced today in the UK impact Christmas. It may mean not seeing any family over that time and it being just us and the cats. Hopefully doesn’t come to that and folk stop being eejits in the meantime.

2 Likes

Anybody here have access to Hydroxychloriquin? Not sure if i spelled it right. It seems like this medication is being hidden from the public here where i am in Nevada. I would rather try that medication vs. vaccine any day

2 Likes

Please don’t take medication without it first being prescribed by a medical expert

2 Likes

It’s mentioned on Wikipedia as being a drug used to treat Malaria, Lupus, Rheumatoid Arthritis, etc.

NOTE: It is being studied for treatment of Covid-19, but all clinical trials conducted so far found it ineffective…further there is a mention of “dangerous side effects”

2 Likes

That is used in Indonesia, the doctors here know how to use it properly as that is common drug here. But you shall not use it on your own, that is not vitamin, it can lead to overdose, heart damage, and fatality. Even in covid-19, its benefit is small/limited, only work in certain case as supplementary not main treatment.

2 Likes

After reading the whole article, I wouldn’t go near this drug without a bunch of doctors confirming it was absolutely necessary. The evidence to date is, it’s not.

For your own reading (and of course do more research; Wikipedia is hardly the bastion of careful and exhaustive data, but I would beware of anyone out there making miracle claims):

Hydroxychloroquine - Wikipedia

3 Likes

Im not planning to take any meds unless i had no choice. Im not looking for it lol

3 Likes

The topic of a vaccine is interesting. Special note due to the nature of the question the people who vote wont be revealed as it would be an insane invasion into there beliefs and that’s not what I want

How Likely Are You To Get The Covid-19 Vaccine

• Extremely Likely (The week its released)
  • Likely (Not the first Batch)
  • Unlikely (Wont unless forced for events)
  • Extremely Unlikely (Wont under any circumstance)

0 voters

1 Like

Two different news reports … hard to knowwhat to believe.

3 Likes

Both can be true at the same time.

The total is decreasing but the affected zone is shifting.

For example:

Before:
Kansas + St. Louis = 6
Outside = 4
Missouri Total = 10

Now:
Kansas + St. Louis = 4
Outside = 5 (increasing)
Missouri Total = 9 (decreasing)

3 Likes

Lord please show your mercy, and i ask you for your forgiveness!!

1 Like

Oh I am so happy that this thread is trending again!

Uhhh… okay that sounds morbid. No, I’m not happy that the virus is still a major issue. But I am very happy that at least some people are still treating it as a major issue. If that makes any sense.

RE: masks…

I almost never leave my apartment these days. Honestly, if I had my way, I’d never wade out into public spaces surrounded by people I don’t know. I already know enough people, have no interest in meeting strangers, or having them cough on me or shake my hand or whatever. No offense to anyone, but… if you could just stay 6 feet away… send a text if you have something to say to me… if I like what you say, I’ll reply with “LOL” and add you to my contact list… if not, you get a “who dis? wrong number”…

Oh. Right. Masks. I do wear my mask when in public. But I have a rather large, luscious and luxurious beard currently. And masks weren’t really designed with beards in mind, unfortunately. All the more reason for me to stay socially distanced from y’all. Again, nothing personal. Maybe I have the virus and I’m actually trying to protect you from myself, ever think about that? Hmm?

Anywho…

RE: vaccines…

I voted no to the first batch, because I fear that some unscrupulous company may try to take advantage of our fears and try to quickly push out a “vaccine” that might be shall we say “less than effective”?

I know, call me a skeptic. Let’s just say that I don’t always believe that governments and corporations always have “the people’s” best interests at heart? Especially not when money or political influences and such are involved. I’d very much like to believe that all the world’s doctors, hospitals, laboratories, pharmaceutical companies etc. are all doing their very best to try to cure all the diseases on the planet on the cheap, out of the goodness of their hearts for the greater benefit of all of humanity and all…

… but then, I wasn’t born yesterday, either.

EDIT: actually in all honesty, I think I may have already picked up the virus several months ago. Been having a few minor health symptoms that I never had before. Chalked them up mostly to bad lifestyle choices I’ve made, but I’ve never had actual issues from those choices until the last 6 months or so. Mostly very minor stuff, it’s not like I feel like I’m dying or anything, but… don’t ask me to run a mile, it would probably kill me.

Either my age and lifestyle are finally starting to catch up to me, or I already caught COVID and didn’t even know it. Or a combination of both. IDK. But either way. Even if I have already been infected, it has yet to be proven that you can’t be reinfected again later.

Oh the irony. As much as I’d love to get tested for antibodies, I’m worried that if I go out to get tested for antibodies, I might end up picking up the virus in the process. So it’s like… maybe I already had it and I’m now immune, or maybe I had it and I can get it again, or maybe I haven’t had it yet and the only way to know for sure is to go out and risk getting it to figure out whether or not I’ve already had it…

:neutral_face:

What do?

Common sense tells me to just stay home like I have been, for as long as I’m able to.

8 Likes

Reading your edit I can empathize with it a lot actually, its very strange how all of this has played out.

1 Like

Perhaps as a Canadian I have more faith that our government will ensure the vaccine will be safe and effective before it’s released. Having said that though, we have a bad history with thalidomide.

5 Likes

I’m an American and I have faith too in our systems. That said, I understand the hesitation.

4 Likes

I will not be in the first wave of vaccination, and probably in any wave at all (or very far in time). I work in a healthcare kind of job, but i’m a healthy men in his thirties.
Not a priority for sure.

If anything, i hope my daughter (and childrens in general) will be in the first or second wave.

I’m afraid mass-vaccination will not happen before April-June 2021, which is still quite far.

For now, here in Italy we were able (somehow) to keep things in check and i’m very proud of this, expecially considering the circumstances.

And for once, i smell some kind of jealousy from other nations about how we manage to control it. Feels good for once, not be the guys on bottom.

That said, numbers are increasing here as well and we are not lose focus.

Wherever i go i see masks everywhere and social distance applied.

Very, very proud.

4 Likes

I have faith in doctors and health experts. The ones I don’t trust as much are pharmaceutical companies and politicians. And the fact that some of them are pushing to relax restrictions on testing and such just to push out something ASAP… it bothers me.

Look, I know there are times when the testing and approval procedures take too long, and require too much red tape… like when some company comes out with an experimental cancer treatment. And there’s a patient who is going to die from cancer in the next 3 months, but they can’t get the treatment because it hasn’t gone through the proper testing trials yet. In a case like that, I say, let them be the guinea pig. What’s the worst that could happen? The treatment kills them? They’re going to die either way. Lift the damn restrictions and let them take the experimental drug.

But in the case of a vaccine that is going to be widely distributed to everyone? I’m certainly no anti-vaxxer, far from it. But if it’s something that everyone is going to take, I’d rather it be thoroughly tested first to make absolutely sure that it is in fact safe and effective. The whole idea of waving testing “red tape” to rush something out as quickly as possible makes me a bit nervous.

The old adage of “do you want it fast, cheap, or good? Pick two.”

0_BXO-Krt9rSiopn6k_

Call me skeptical, but if they’re promising a vaccine that is fast and affordable for everyone, chances are there is something wrong with it.

8 Likes