How is Coronavirus impacting you

Beards

I had to sacrifice my beard, but others have it worse.

(Two Sikh doctors shaved their beards, a pillar of their religion, to continue treating Covid-19 patients - CNN)

Mask and face shield

It is even more of a pain, but a mask and face shield are a good combination

Politics

It is unfortunate that the 1918 Flu Pandemic and the 2020 SARS-CoV-2 Pandemic are influenced by politics in the USA.

As we have seen in the past, this can cause problems

(The warp-speed vaccine plan that failed)

(https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Za6JtPhscxE)

(Crisis & Emergency Risk Communication (CERC)|CDC)

(Germany's coronavirus response is a master class in science communication)

4 Likes

I started growing my beard before COVID hit, but I used to keep it trimmed. I actually stopped trimming it once I went into quarantine, becauseā€¦ why spend money on grooming if Iā€™m going to stay home all day anyway? Plusā€¦ beards are natural. Iā€™m not a member of any religious sect, but I am beginning to understand why many of them consider beards to beā€¦ ā€œsacredā€ in a way. I wish I had grown mine sooner.

Now, that doesnā€™t mean that I shouldnā€™t maintain it and groom it somewhatā€¦ thatā€™s something I will get to eventually once Iā€™m ready to start regularly venturing out into the world againā€¦ but yeah, Iā€™m on board with the idea of a face mask. Heck, Iā€™d go out in a full Hazmat suit if it were considered socially acceptable to do so.

And ah yes. Politics. Such a touchy subject. Shame that it has permeated even subjects that shouldnā€™t be the least bit controversial to any reasonable person. Iā€™m wondering how long it is before the day comes where Iā€™m accused of being politically biased for saying that the earth is not flat. :man_facepalming:

But I shall stop myself there.

4 Likes

My beard is sparseā€¦not bushy enough. I blame the mask. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes
2 Likes

Id be curious to know if this is actual real time confirmation or if this is just old info that the white house is finally leaking cause I feel like with all the people around them having had it already that its surprising it took them this long to get itā€¦ conspiracy theories aside I hope both recover in time.

3 Likes

CNN had an article 4 hours ago. Seems legit. Blessings to them and a speedy recoveryā€¦and may the rest of our leaders be covid-free.

6 Likes

Very early on in the pandemic our Prime Ministerā€™s wife caught covid. Luckily sheā€™s fine now but I really believe itā€™s why Canada took it seriously at the on-set.

Iā€™m hoping some of the skeptics in the US will also see now just how serious this is. If the most protected couple, in probably the world, can catch this, then anyone can!

4 Likes

They are taking President Trump to Walter Reed

2 Likes

Is this precautionary or a bad sign?

2 Likes

Could be a mixture of both. Iā€™m sure heā€™d resist going to the hospital unless he was forced to ā€¦ just like all of us would, I imagine.

1 Like

They just said " due to an abundance of precaution"ā€¦

2 Likes

There is a presidential office in Walter Reeds. It is said that he have mild symptomps and seen walking to helicopter.

2 Likes

Is not a conspiracy, I donā€™t think. The president is tested every day. He just caught it, and is already experiencing minor symptoms (probably not a good sign, since it can take upwards of 10 days or more for the virus to fully start doing its most nasty work).

The hospital thing is abundance of caution, yes, and itā€™s possible that heā€™ll be fine in the end. But thatā€™s the thing with this virus. You never know how your body will react until you actually catch it. Some of the seemingly sickest people have completely recovered, while some of the healthiest people on the planet have died from it.

I do hope this is a wake up call to people who still think itā€™s something not to be taken seriously.

EDIT: will addā€¦ oftentimes people think that having a strong immune system is the key to surviving a virus.

Little known fact: your own immune system can kill you. Particularly if it is overaggressive in its response.

6 Likes

I donā€™t think itā€™s appropriate to laugh when someone else gets ill, no matter who they are.

ā€œDonā€™t rejoice with evil but overcome evil with good.ā€ :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Since they behaviour as it was like any other ordinary flue, i donā€™t think i should be particulary respectful.

Kindness is a good thing, but this world usually step on kind people.

And sometimes fighting fire with fire is the only way to make people understand they canā€™t do (or say) whatever they want.

Expecially if you have much power on your hand and many people trust blindly whatever stupid thing you say.

3 Likes

I applaud Bidenā€™s response to Trump being diagnosed positive. That is a caring and positive reaction.

Meanwhile, Ontario is now experiencing record numbers of positive cases after flattening the curve a couple months ago.

4 Likes

I have strong opinions on this as well, however this probably isnā€™t the best place for us to air them.

3 Likes

I think we need to learn to talk to each other in a more civil way again. I despise Trump and his mishap entourage but Iā€™d never wish him any bad during such a hard time. My hopes are that he wakes up, learns some humility and will deal with this pandemic in a different manner once he hopefully has fully recovered from this.
My respect goes to Biden whose reaction to this was formidable!

5 Likes

Trump testing positive for Covid-19 is news, but please remember that this thread is ā€œhow is coronavirus impacting you.ā€ While politics are involved in this, please try to stay positive. Thank you.

11 Likes

I get tested for Covid on the 7th, in preparation for my upcoming surgery. Since I live under a rock (couch), I expect the results to be negative. :slight_smile:

10 Likes