How is Coronavirus impacting you

What I “love” are people that can’t wear their mask properly. Like, you do realize it should go over the nose too, no? Or the people that have to take it off to talk, because we can’t hear you otherwise, no?

:man_facepalming:

5 Likes

My favorite was the guy wearing his covering his neck. Yes, we all are in danger from your neck virus… :grin:

6 Likes

Maybe he was trying to hide that double chin :joy:

2 Likes

We’ve had this discussion before, but I think this is worth revisiting in light of this article…

They seems to have reached partial herd immunity.

If the actual death rate of covid-19 is 1% (considering the undetected case), the number of people that have been infected in Sweden would be almost 5-6% (while the official number is just around 0.85%)

Explain the U.S. case then.

20 skeptical comments about ‘herd immunity’…

2 Likes

Isn’t US have start to slowing down too?

You can find the graphic here:

Seems the new cases in both US and Sweden start to decrease starting from July.

3 Likes

BC was doing extremely well. Now we’ve broken records for cases and deaths. Bars are being shut again as the direct link is to alcohol-fueled behaviour.

At this rate we won’t be back to anything resembling normal for a long time.

3 Likes

I don’t think herd immunity is a scientifically valid strategy. People still get infected and the mortality rate is still at 5%. But of course, politicians will always be more worried about money than public health. It happens in every country.

Also, 6.7 million infected and 190k deaths from covid in the U.S.? Jesus Christ. It’s definitely not the time to lower the guard yet, even if cases are lowering.

Stay safe, fellow american people…

3 Likes

Scientifically it probably is a strategy (think Spanish flu with no vaccine available). The question is - are we actually willing to let many millions of people die in order to achieve it? I certainly hope not!

2 Likes

I think there is a misconception regarding herd immunity:

Vaccine strategy is a herd immunity strategy. Leaving a lot of people infected instead of giving vaccine will also create herd immunity but at the cost of a lot of lives.

3 Likes

I wonder if this will persist into next year…I certainly hope not. :pensive: :pensive: :pensive:

2 Likes

Chances are good it will be around for several years. A vaccine before the end of the year would be awesome, but there is no guarantee.

3 Likes

Numbers from Aug. 28:

Quoting myself here, lol. The last time I posted numbers was 23 days ago with data from Aug. 28. Here are our updated numbers:

2 Likes

Schools are reopening next month here in Carolina… but students can still opt to attend virtually.

As of right now… 26 of my 27 students will be virtual, with one coming every day.

4 Likes

Will you and your student wear a mask?

2 Likes

Schools have opened in the U.K. … However, we are now seeing whole years being sent home because a student has tested positive.
European countries just don’t seem to be able to get rid of this virus or keep it under control

Edit - our Prime Minister has just announced increased COVID restrictions for possibly 6 months taking the U.K. to March 2021

3 Likes

In my opinion. If the virus is really that bad. They should shut the whole world down until there are zero cases and zero deaths. No human contact whatsoever. Just have all food delivered.

Can the world do that? Look at the disaster when India attempted their 1st lockdown…

1 Like

this virus is vicious , even trump knowledge it is airbourne so only GOD’s hands can make it disappear…Pray to God the only solotion…

1 Like