HERO POWER real or fictitious

Does anyone know exactly how to define the Power of a hero?
What would be the difference between a hero who has 838 power and one who has 945 power.
What real importance
Since there are apparently stronger heroes with 838 power than those with 945.
I understand that it is global.
But my question goes further, is it really worth investing in a hero because of the difference in power in real numbers or is it just an increase in the Alliance’s defense equipment and in reality the power number is exaggerated?

the power is basically an indication of stats, and stats are important but not the be-all end-all. It doesn’t indicate anything about the Special, whether the stats support the special, the class/talent…

I rarely pay attention to hero power myself

3 Likes

Power is mostly related to the base stats but doesn’t incorporate important things like how good a hero actually is.

This thread is old but I believe the basics are still accurate

1 Like

It seems the formula has changed, since I can’t get the same numbers as the game ones with those factors.

But essentially yes, the “power” of a hero is basically based in a base score and stats, is not a representation of efectiveness or the special skills.

1 Like

I am pretty sure it’s still correct and you are probably applying the formula on the stats shown on the card which has talent and that’s wrong. You need to do the math on your card’ stats WITHOUT the stats given by the talents, then add +5 to power for each talent.

2 Likes

Then there must be something I’m missing. I took some examples and maybe some family bonus is being applied, but I have strange cases.

Muggy (maxed 3/50)

Base 30 + atk 6340.35=221,9 + def 3730.28=104,44 + hp 420*0.14=58,8 = 415,14
The card shows 450 with no talents. Family bonus?

Skadi (lvl 1/5)

Base 90 + atk 3430.35=120.05 + def 3910.28=109.48 + hp 695*0.14=97.3 = 416.83
The card shows 421. Why?

Lord Loki (lvl 4/1)

Base 90 + atk 6550.35=229.25 + def 6290.28=176.12 + hp 1110*0.14=155.4 = 650.77
The card shows 685. Why?

I feel I can’t sleep anymore now.

1 Like

Add 5*7 for special skill 8/8 = 35 points more

Add 5*1 for special skill 2/8

Add 5*7 for special skill 8/8 = 35 pts

5 Likes

You forget “+ (8-1) * 5” for the special skill level.
Same issue with the two others.

EDIT: grilled by Prof. Penguin.

3 Likes

Special skills! Oh god, I forgot about those :face_in_clouds:

Thanks, guys.

1 Like

It is exactly what I think and what I expected to read
So it’s basically an increase in the numbers of the Alliance defense team which can alter the war matchups.

war score is based on total hero powers of top 30 heroes and top troops of each player and past war performance(penalties aka wins & losses)

more weight given to top 5 heroes of each player

so yea…hero powers can alter war matchups

more important though is # of members and # of penalties…especially # of members as that is a priority in the matching paramaters

if strategized correctly can find the right ring of the ladder in the war standings to chain wins non stop. for some alliances that could be 20 members, for others 29 members, etc. right organization, structure, and experimentation…a team can avoid losing.

as far as hero powers and matchmaking goes:

And if we know the formula and that it is not “so relevant” in terms of the hero’s specials
What would be the most relevant importance of the power of a hero’s card?
What sense does it have in the game, because apparently it’s just a hook.

hero power contributes to team power

it matters stats wise…

basically the bigger difference between base stats between your team and opposing team, the more likely you are to win or lose.

hence how mono teams could kill a tank with 3 tiles in 2018 before emblems.

then that got harder with emblems until players got their offenses emblemed up and troops became a higher priority in going wide.

then aethers and same issue came long, now alpha aethers.

in my personal opinion, for the best chance at winning a pvp match, best to choose teams that can match within 500 of the target’s team power, more than that and sure players can still win, but higher odds of a loss as now your attack stats will be harder to arc above the opponent’s defensive stats, opponent’s specials will do more damage to your team as their attack stats are higher and quite possibly higher than your attacking team’s defense stats, etc.

people will argue “…but synergy i can beat 5* double limit break teams with non lb 3* teams cause synergy” or something goofy like that, those are typically one offs and dumb luck, not consistent results which is why we see some of the frustration we see cause people show their wins, not their losses, and dupe other players into thinking they can get those same results all the time when that’s simply not the case.

if track stats and target selection of individual players in alliance wars over say 20 wars, 10 to get a base level of their “skill/strength” then another 10 to see if it fluctuates, you’ll notice patterns and can adjust strategy accordingly(personally would leave out vfast wars in the tracking and track those separate from the rest for obvious reasons)

2 Likes

It’s a general guideline. It’s rough math.

It’s how SG does a good portion of matchmaking so it plays into importance there, but I would never do something just because it gives me a higher TP.

1 Like

And what really important conclusions can we deduce if we apply the formula to the letter of a new hero, in your opinion?

Higher power means high stats
Within the same hero rarity higher power generally means newer heroes

But power does not factor in the value of passives, resists, family bonuses, mana speed, class, or usefulness of special skill.

1 Like