Hero Costume FAQs! Please read for answers to most questions before posting new questions

Maxed costume and emblems.

A dressed hero won’t show its talents as long as the costume and its special aren’t maxed.

Once the costume is done, the talent nodes will immediately show up again. The class of the costume cannot be emblemed. Further nodes have to be of the original class and one has to undress the hero to give emblems to it.

Example Gunnar. Original class Paladin, costume class Druid. Dressed the Druid talent will be activated, even though all nodes came from Paladin emblems.

1 Like

What if I max the level of a costume without maxing the special skill. Are emblems still unlocked on the costume?

Is “Mana Bonus” the same as mana regeneration?

XP AND special of a costume have to be maxed to show the talent nodes again.

Imo yes, mana gain, reign and bonus are equally used for the same effect.

3 Likes

Thanks. It’s right there in the announcement post, too. I should have checked there first. I couldn’t think of anything else for it to be, but I don’t recall seeing that notation before.

Stats seem to involve bonuses. My emblemless-uncostumed-version-of-costumed-Isarnia shows as 836/687/1320 instead of the usual 797/655/1200. Costumed one showing as 869/659/1293 also involves a bonus.

What I would like to know is whether % (att/def/hp) from troops applies to base stats or to stats after costume bonus.

1 Like

Answer: No.

Costume level-up is tied to the hero. If you levelled the costume on the wrong hero than that is indeed annoying. There is no carry-over/ conversion as the Costume levelling is hero instance specific.

Yes provided they are two different heros (i.e. you have two hero cards in your roster).

An you’re right, there is no need for multiple copies of the costume itself (what you summon from the costume chamber). Eat them!!

Tere is however value in leveling duplicate hero & costumes for heroes you may want to use in different applications while one is locked into a war or tournament defence (e.g. say Sonya)

No. Mana bonus is the same effect as a 4* mana troop. It decreases the number of tiles you need to charge a special. It doesn’t provide passive mana generation (mana per turn like Alby does).

2 Likes

Troops are after the costume bonus :slight_smile:

Order now seems to be:

Base hero → Costume Bonus → Troop Bonus → Family Bonus → in game buffs

2 Likes

Right, I remembered the card text backwards. For Alberich, it’s “regenerate mana,” for Ariel (or in the opposite direction, Little John) it’s “mana generation.” The costumes are like the latter effect, or troops, as you pointed out.

1 Like

Thought I read that a max level costume that was not max skill could add a skill level by feeding 10 1*. But, I have had this fail more than once.

Comments, pls.

Only if 10x 1* same color at one time.

10x 1* off color at one time is only 50%.

Click for table

FIN

2 Likes

So a second helping is necessary if not single color.

Thanks

So, I fed a maxed Tyrum (costumed at time) a 10x1^ variety pack three times without improving his skill level…problem?

Is there going to be new costumes released for the upcoming guests? Like next guest and after that?

How do you mean?

At present there are no more costumes that have featured in Beta. That means that it’s going to be a little while off yet :slight_smile:

I anticipate that the next raft of costumes will be for some more of the Season 1 heroes. After that, who knows :slight_smile:

Yeah, i thought so too but asked anyways :slight_smile:

Best to just feed 10 x 1* (same color) to get 100% upgrade chance or

5 x 2* (same color) for 100%. Either way same color 1* = 10% and 2* = 20%.
As long as it adds up to 100%, you are good to go.

PS. the above is for once the hero is maxed.

Hi Mate,

With this, normal feeding 1* on colour gives 2% chance of the Special Skill increasing each. 10x would give you 20%.

Once the hero level is maxed tho (e.g. 3* costume at 3-50), further feeding gets a 5x multiplier on leveling up the special skill. So feeding 10x on colour 1* heroes would give you a 100% chance of the SS going up.

Personally, for my costumes I maxed them out and had the skills still at 5/8 on a couple. I then fed them at a rate of 40% chance of Special Skill. Got the two 3* costumes from 5/8 to 8/8 using 8x 40% feedings :slight_smile: