Help with my hero roster

Prisca, Dawa, Renfield = rubbish without costumes. Greymane also not up to much. Others may feel differently but I’ve never levelled Friar Tuck even though I do have his costume. Maybe one day - or maybe never.

Nobody needs more than one Nashgar (but one is good).

Brienne is great but you probably don’t need more than one. If you get her costume you will get another Brienne with it anyway, and then maybe keep one with costume and one without.

As you get more healers you’ll probably decide that one Hawkmoon is enough. She’s another with a good costume so if you get that you may want to go back to having two - or maybe not.

I’d keep one spare Kvasir (indeed I have!) but you probably don’t need more than two.

Also consider how much you’re going to use Jafar and Hisan. I know it feels bad eating event heroes because they’re so hard to get, so maybe hold onto the spares for now (and then lose patience and eat them later on).

Personally I like to keep one of each hero just because - although I didn’t keep Prisca, Dawa or Renfield until I had their costumes, and even then Renfield is the only one that’s really good. Bear in mind that any portal you summon from is very likely to give you more s1 rares than anything else, so you won’t regret it too much if you fail to keep one as there’ll be another along shortly… and another… and another…

Something I was told early on in this game is that it makes more sense to spend gems on increasing roster space than on summons. You’ll want space not just for those shiny new heroes that will almost certainly come your way eventually, but for the feeders to do on-colour ten-at-a-time levelling of said shinies.

Good luck and keep on slogging :smiley:

1 Like

So I’m safe to get rid of Prisca, Dawa and Renfield? I’m personally not a fan of heroes that heal the caster and nearby allies, I want healers who heal all so I don’t mind getting rid of Friar Tuck! I don’t ever plan on using Brienne so I’ll probably just get rid of her:,) I kept two Hawkmoons for that reason! I didn’t want to be low on healers incase needed them for war or certain quests etc but I will probably get rid of one as time goes on. Well I have two Hisans so I’ll happily get rid of one! I have been increasing my roster size with gems actually! I was running really low on space for feeders so I decided it was for the best. I’m now level 20 and thanks to this forums advice I’ve been flying through the provinces. When I made the forum, I was level 12 and hard stuck on season 1 province 12 but now i’m on season 1 province 19 and season 2 province 2! I finally made it to the talent grid for one of my heroes, Namahage, so I’m so happy seeing the progress!! Thanks for all the help, I really appreciate it:)

Also, another question, is there a 4 star or 5 star equivalent to Grevle? I’m absolutely in love with his special and I’m dreading not having a similar effect (hp added on as temporary extra hp), it’s definitely saved me a lot of times. Oh also, will Natalya ever come back? I’m obsessed with her

Nearest thing to Grevle at 4* is Gullinbursti, the golden pig, who is also great. Good news is that Grevle is a tough little badger and can be brought along with a 4* team with a little nursing. If you intend to emblem and/or limit break any 3* he’s as good a candidate as any.

Warning: do not underestimate Brienne. I couldn’t see value by looking at her card, but discovered the forum and saw how well regarded she was. Believe it or not, people who don’t have other damage boosters like Tarlak, Miki, Wu Kong bring her to high level titans, with revive scrolls and mana potions, because her attack boost is so valuable. She’s the difference between chipping away gradually at enemies’ health until they die, and blowing them up; and she’s a must-have in 3* bloody battle tournaments where Grevle’s heal is entirely wasted, as her attack boost is considerably stronger. Try her out (unlevelled if you don’t want to waste resources) at a farming level you’re comfortable with and see the difference. BUT: if you need the space for now, there’s no doubt she’ll pop up again in numerous portals from now until the end of time. When you get her costume will be time enough. Costume gives defence down which you can then pair with Grevle’s attack up = mayhem!!!

Natalya is a past HOTM. She isn’t scheduled to come round again as such, but she is to be found in the Tavern of Legends, at lamentable odds, and when you eventually build the Hero Academy you may be lucky enough to retrain her from a spare s1 legendary (you’ll definitely have spare ones by then!). She’s fun and glamorous, but her stats are rather old-fashioned and her skills don’t do much compared to more recent heroes. Mine has been sitting at 3.70 more or less for ever, as I got Jean Francois soon after and gave him the rings instead; their burns don’t stack and he hits all, but to be fair, her burn lasts longer and can’t be dispelled. She does get the occasional outing in Tavern of Legends and Ninja Tower, where you want to save your most critical heroes for the late stages. Speaking of Ninja Tower, the aforementioned Gullinbursti is highly useful there. He’s one of those 4* you can happily bring along in a 5* team and forget they’re supposed to be weaker.

2 Likes

Closest easily accessible comparison is Boldtusk. Both boost team A at the cost of a lower heal. The benefit to Grevle is overheal where as Boldtusk has standard, but Boldtusk can get 5* level HP and D to stay alive, Exacerbated further by fighter emblems. The lesser heal isn’t as much of a concern in provinces where mana pots are available.

As old as he is Boldtusk is still a staple for a very large percentage of the player base. Red healers are tough to find.

Good luck out there!

:beers:

1 Like

Got a few new ones, are any good? Oh also, I have gotten rid of two Morris’ cause I don’t see the point in 4 xD I also just got two Griffins.

Everyone seems to be leaving you to my tender mercies… Good thing I know everything, isn’t it? (Ahem. As if.)

No, I really don’t see the point of a lot of Morrises. I just kept one, to be honest, and have only used him once. I have seen the odd one on tournament defence but probably only there for the novelty.

Mack - I like, counterattack is quite good in early game. Don’t think you’ll need more than one.

Zila Lei - opinions differ, good-ish but not a game changer.

Rokkamush I haven’t touched as his hit chance is so low, but he does hit very hard, so if you’re direly short of reds with punch he’d do the job.

Poppy - nice, and you’re a bit short of yellow 3*.

Gramps - the only 3* resser. Could be handy, except in Bloody Battle for obvious reasons. I haven’t used mine yet.

Vollermork - the mini Elizabeth! Quite fun but I wouldn’t say amazingly useful. The opposite of Gramps, Bloody Battle is probably where he’d do best as his fiends can’t be healed away.

Helo - can’t have too many healers. Suggest you level one and keep the other in reserve. (I haven’t even used mine yet, but I have Frosty from the Christmas event for my blue healer needs and like the snowman’s minions better.)

Griffin - good strong hitter, bypasses counterattack, fast, decent. Suggest you level one and keep the other in reserve, see how you go with him. Maybe you’ll decide you want a pair of them or maybe you’ll get so many nice yellows you won’t have time or space for the second one.

3 Likes

It seems so:,) If you have a discord and are okay with sharing it, I’d love to be able to just message you regarding the game but if you’re not up for that then that’s perfectly fine!

Yeah, I didn’t see the use in Morris. Tried him out at a lower province stage and he just seemed useless. I’m well impressed with Poppy and I’ve began levelling her up, I think she’s really cute too which I love!! I somehow ended up with I think 7 or 8 Helo’s so I fed a few away hahahaha, started levelling up one of them. I was quite interested when I saw Gramps as I didn’t know there even was special abilities like that so I’ve started levelling him up too. I was so excited to see Griffin because I’m so low on 4 star yellows. I did get Wu Kong recently too but I prefer Griffin tbh. I also got Tettukh just there:,D

I’ll pass on the Discord thing if you don’t mind. For one thing, the forum community can see what I’m advising and jump on me if I get it wrong or miss something important (as @Muchacho did earlier - great point re Boldtusk - I underuse mine sadly).

Wu Kong is perfect for titans, despite the miss chance, and can be very helpful for burst damage in other situations like tough challenge events and buff booster tournaments. I used to run him on hard map stages with Wilbur, who as you probably know gives shared damage to all, and with Wu’s attack increase the entire enemy team just blew up. Very entertaining. But for farming etc the miss rate is not really worth it and this is where Griffin will be good.

I like Tettukh too. The silence can be very handy, but I find he usually just one-shots the enemy, which keeps them quiet permanently :smiling_imp:

3 Likes

I just wanna send an updated list of my current heroes as I feel like I’ve forgotten to list some along the way and I’d like some help with assembling 4 star teams, I think I’ll begin that once I’ve levelled up Team 2, I have some of the ascension materials for 4 stars now and due to the fact I have bought some of the summer offers and stuff with the 4 star ascension materials, I’d say I’ll be nearly good to go once Team 2 is taken care of! I will be buying hero roster space too so don’t worry about that xD

Finish nordi then helo then badger
Gramps then messuss then ishtakk
Poppy bane
Get tibs 3/70 Tyrum gilra Morris
Volll hawkmoon Buchan.

Thats what I’d do… level one hero a time then move to the next yall get much quicker in the Game :blush::sunglasses::+1:

3 Likes

Personally I would max one more rainbow 3*, 15 maxed 3* will let you beat rare events and reach higher loot tier in tournaments. I would max:

Tyrum, 2 Kvasir, Valen, Mnesseus and Bauchan/Azar

If you want go for 4* I would max

YELLOW
Wu-kong is easy choice, he will help you finish harder quests and map levels and he is base for.titans teams

BLUE
Kiril, he is great with these buffs, his heal isn’t high but this is really good 4*

RED
Scarlett or Mack

Its a bit hard choice here, Scarlett hit hard but is very glassy.

I don’t like Muck but I think that in early game he can be pretty good, riposte is incredible powerfull with healers, it makes fights a bit slower but also safer and easier.

Both are good, you can’t go wrong IMO

GREEN
I would go for Tettukh, mana control is just too good

PURPLE
I have really big problem here, Meriln was one of my firsts 4*, he is game changer, the fact that he block enemys ability and drain their mana is amazing, with some mana flasks he can easly block some bosses for whole fights

But

Rigard is on of the bests healers in game, better than many 5*, you will probably using him forever and he will make your game easier

I think that both choices are good since you have already mana control(Tettukh) and healer(Kiril)

5 Likes

Rigard can function pretty well at 3.60 at lower levels of progression. I’d get him up to that level, park him there and work on Merlin to the same point before spending trap tools. (I used a LOT of 4* at 3.60 early game, and several 5* at 3.70 later on. Support heroes can often be fine to use while waiting for their final ascension. Tough-as-boots Rigard is one of them.)

2 Likes

Just wanted to share some success I’ve had just there! Obviously I won’t be using her for a good while but I’m excited anyway!! Would ye say she is good?

2 Likes

She is good, definetly worth maxing later

2 Likes

4 Likes

Need help… I have a lot of hero’s but not sure who to level up and who to put together in a team.
Thank you in advance.

It will only let me post one pic link per post.
Will post others after this.
Thx sue

Hero pic 2

Personally you just level the first few single 5 Star Heros in every colour (EXCEPT MOK-ARR and SALMON LOKE). Join a trainer Alliance and learn and grow. As you develop you generally grow out of your training alliance and develop advanced strategies as you progress. Good luck on your journey. The game is very well designed.

1 Like

I would disagree with focusing on 5’s. When you’re starting 5’s are an even more massive resource sink than they normally are. This can cripple newer players in terms of depth. Not counting 3’s, I would get 20-30 4’s maxed in various colors and abilities. That’ll give you the versatility to beat things more easily and fight tougher titans to get mats for the 5’s more easily.

By the time you start your 5’s you’ll have established teams and an infrastructure in place at your base to support them.

Good luck however you do it!

6 Likes