Help with my hero roster

A lot. There are portals which come in every 5 (or currently even every 10) months. Most of the portals come in once in a month though. Others are once every two months.

1 Like

Oh wow, that’s quite sad. I’ve seen some heroes that others have that I really like the look of. I love Bera, Elizabeth and Athena specifically. As you can probably tell, I love pretty heroes:,) which probably isn’t the best deciding factor but anyway xD

Unless you are prepared to give a lot of money on this game, you will probably not assemble such powerful heroes. It is possible at one time or another you acquire one of these three, but even that is a long stretch and it may actually never happen. These three are good heroes as well. But it’s actually better to learn to play with what you have widely available - which are 3* and especially 4* heroes from Season 1. I suggest you google who season 1 heroes are, they are available to pull from every portal unfortunately.

1 Like

Sadly, I am the idiot who likes to overspend on games. It’s a habit of mine because I tend to want the best even with games where it’s purely cosmetic features you can buy. If I could have any hero, I’d really love Elizabeth. Will she ever be back to summon? I like to save up and then buy a lot at once so I’d happily save up for when she’s back if she ever will be

I got Tiburtus early too, and he was easily one of the most useful heroes I had for a long time. I only put him on the bench recently! I’d focus on him because his defence down (on ave mana speed) will help you beat teams you’d otherwise lose to.

Hopefully, you manage to get his costume (then he cast defence down for all enemies).

3 Likes

Elizabeth is from Season 4. The portal is opening up near the end of each month for 4 days.

Bera is from Season 3. Portal is opening up this Sunday.

Athena is a Hero of the Month. You could catch her at the Tavern of Legends. Next Tavern is due in a month and a half approximately.

If you make tons of gems pulls, you are bound to get each one of those. I think the calculations were something about $2000-$3000 for a specific hero. You have to recheck that. Of course you could be lucky and spend way less before getting each one of those.

Even if you get them, you will need time and materials to max them. It will not be fast or easy. It’s a really good idea first to focus on 4*.

1 Like

Elizabeth is available every month in the season 4 Underwild.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t actually use Elizabeth until I’m at a point I could actually level up and ascend her properly but if I do spend a lot I’d hope to get a few good 4* heroes either way so it seems like a win-win situation for me (and possibly a loss with all that money down the drain but we won’t focus on that part) I’m really glad she comes back that often, looks like I’ll be saving for a while!:,) Thanks for the help:)

There are some events and tournaments in which you can only use 3* (and 2* troops, so keep one of each colour troop too). Not everybody bothers to enter them but it’s usually worth it for the extra rewards. 3* can also eke out your roster for events like Ninja Tower and Tavern of Legends (and early on, alliance wars) where you can only use each hero once. So yes, do keep your best 3*. As for good 4*, some of them carry on being useful even when you have a full collection of spectacular 5*, in their own right as well as epic level events.

2 Likes

A small warning is that the summon odds for any one particular hero are very small… you could do hundreds of summons and still not get the specific hero you want :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’ve just gotten Kiril. Could I switch Kiril for Gato and then switch Hawkmoon for Namahage? I was keeping Hawkmoon because she’s a healer and I didn’t have any others but I really like Namahage (I want to have every element on my team)

Kiril is great. But you need the ascention mats to finish him. If you have enough warm capes for him, I’d say yes. If not, stick on the path of Gato…he’s a great hero too.

2 Likes

Got a few new heroes!

1 Like

Also, I have 3000 gems currently and I will be spending them on summoning but is there anything I should wait for? like a different summon event or whatever.

Congrats, some nice ones there. Don’t be in too much of a rush to level Kadilen - you may not have the mats for her ascension anyway - but keep working on your little’uns until you’ve got some solid teams to tackle events, as mentioned upthread.

For summons I’d suggest waiting for the Underwild portal later this month, and the costume event at the very end of the month is also good. Most of those 3* and 4* you have will be noticeably better with a costume. Both events come every 4 weeks. There is the ninja event too, which has not only a hero portal but one for troops as well, and it’s the only source of ninja troops which are great for attacking. That one is every eight weeks. Also coming this month is the challenge event Knights of Avalon, some good heroes in there but the odds are poor; this one will not be back for about half a year. Underwild hasn’t finished opening up so there will be more heroes to come in that one over the next few months. Different challenge events each month too.

There’s no rush to summon though. It’s one thing to get a roster full of lovely shiny stuff, quite another to get them levelled enough to use. I recommend spreading the summons out so you can get to know your heroes and to give yourself a chance at more HotMs while you gather ascension materials. Don’t mortgage the house to get everything at once!

1 Like

Yeah I noticed I had all these new heroes but I have none to level them up with hahahaha. What would you say would make a good team? I haven’t worked on Kadilen in a few days when someone else in the forum told me to not to don’t worry! I’m honestly kinda lost on who to level up now though. There’s so many and I honestly don’t have a clue who’s good and who’s not, or who’s good together etc

At level 12 or whatever you are by now you’ll be marching slowly through season 1, so a solid rainbow team of 3* will do fine and you can level them up nice and quickly (relatively speaking). The following are good:

Red: Hawkmoon (healer), Jahangir (hits all enemies, leaves a nasty burn) or Namahage (hits one very hard, increases his own attack)
Green: Grevle (healer with overheal and attack buff, really good this one), Hisan (hits one, damage over time, reduces their healing) Edit: Mnesseus (hits 1, dispels all, especially good in tournaments).
Blue: Nordri (blue elemental defence down on three enemies, very good), Gato (hits one, protects self and nearest allies from status ailments including By-Ulf’s self-debuff). Don’t bother with Graymane unless you need him for sorcerer class trials, even with his costume he’s a bit lacking.
Yellow: Kvasir, the bee man, fantastic, probably don’t even need a healer if he’s along. Maybe even do two.
Purple: Tyrum is good, hits one, dispels all. Gill-Ra cleanses your team and lowers defence and attack of all enemies. Oberon is ok if slow. Renfield is a bit rubbish without his costume, don’t bother with him unless you get it.

Order them maybe like: Hawkmoon, Kvasir, Namahage, Nordri, Tyrum; or Kvasir, Nordri, Grevle, Jahangir, Tyrum.

4*: You’ll want to start working on them as soon as your first 3* team is done I imagine, and start mixing and matching them into the team as you go along. (A 4* at level 3.60 is generally more effective than a maxed 3*, with the possible exceptions of Grevle and Nordri.) I suggest Kiril (heal and buff), Tibertus (defence down to 3), Hu Tao (because he’s your only yellow! Hits all hard and gives them a chance to miss), Boril or Cyprian (both riposte i.e. return a % of the damage they receive - Boril is tougher), Gafar (does what Hisan does and also cleanses himself). Brynhild only heals 3 but has a barrel of good buffs so definitely level her, but not necessarily early on. Mireweave is, er, ok I guess (maxed mine, used her about twice) - fast, anyway!

That’s for starters. You’ll want more than one in each colour because although one in each colour makes use of all tiles, doubling or tripling a colour greatly increases its damage. Sometimes you’ll be facing a lot of, say, green enemies so want to bring a predominance of reds to hit them hard, but leave out blues which hits green weakly and take more damage from it.

Sorry if that’s a bit too basic for where you’ve got to now, hope at least some of it helps.

2 Likes

Save those 3000 gems. You’re going to have too many heroes to level us with no ascention mats to get them there. That’s one of the biggest frustrations of newer players. Build up your heroes and troops, and get stronger so you can join an experienced alliance that will help you beat bigger titans and have a better shot at those mats.

1 Like

Yeah, I realised I had way too many needed heroes and barely any feeder heroes so I’m struggling a bit to level people up. I’m managing though thankfully. I have 5000 gems now, I’m just gonna keep buying deals I think are good and save all the gems for when I finally need more heroes and hopefully I’ll pull some good ones when the time comes!

Just wondering if there is anyone I can get rid of?