Help me understand (war related/ war shuffle strategy)

Frankly, I don’t like the idea of the war shuffle, I think it is a net negative for the game (beating up on small teams just encourages them to quit), and I think it is as cowardly as cup dropping.

That being said, the devs haven’t yet addressed it so C’est la vie.

What is BS is the unsportsmanlike message they put out there. Beating up on small teams AND gloating about it is a different kind of damaging to a young alliance just trying to grow.

*[Pic edited by Moderator. Reminder: No naming and shaming, including in pics.]

2 Likes

For the record, this alliance isn’t actually doing anything wrong. That Message I believe is a tongue in cheek kinda thing… They have in fact lost wars because (eventually) the boards catch up and the alliance history catches up.

This alliance DOESN’T do the war shuffle… In fact they are doing the same thing as what A top tier alliance used to do (they capped at 29 members & never lost a war)…

What they are doing is actually quite smart. They picked 10* titan cap cause it’s sustainable and easy to kill without needing any items. The 15-18 membership cap is primarily driven by the titan level… More than that and they die too quick… Less than that and it can be sometimes a struggle by titan #4

In terms of the war stuff, that’s a side-effect really… With the capped membership they fall into the upper end of the “18 war participants” bracket of war matchmaking… There are stronger teams out there and there are weaker ones… That’s the purpose of the “past history” section of the war score.

1 Like

Thanks for the clarifications!

My feelings are still the same… however it may no longer apply to that specific alliance.

1 Like

It’s the same principle as war shuffle just without the extra work involved and without the cost of titan loot

It fills war chests faster and caps their opponent’s strength level

Typically alliances with 18 members are either fairly new and really casual meaning easy targets for veteran non casuals

You have every reason to be annoyed and should be

My advice?

Stay at 30 members to fight respectable opponents and competition

Other option:
Find the member cap you guys can excel at like they did

The term I’ve used for it is “war dropping”

Basically the alliances in matchmaking are bracketed by strenght,performance, # of members

Right now the matchmaking system uses # of members as a priority

And in doing so, it allows wiggle room for alliances to drop a bracket below where they should be by simply dropping members and then going on a win streak due to being king of the mountain and untouchable by alliances above and below them along with elminating most problem matches due to very few, if any equal matches

It’s not cheating. It’s just usin the loopholes devs have provided to string war chests, unfortunately in doing so, it puts back alliances that are trying to fill their chests the honest way and due to the limited amount of war chests available in a 12 month cycle, every chest pushed back is quite a blow

It’s one thing to lose to an equal or higher opponent that you matched with based on your depth & performance

It’s another to lose to a team you shouldn’t have matched with but did just due to your member count and an exploit in the system

3 Likes

Problem is tho that not everyone wants to be in a big alliance of 30…

Nor does everyone want to fight big titans…

In the example people here are picking on I know that the membership cap is a result of the TITAN level they are targetting not wars… Wars are an unintended byproduct of the alliances decision to Cap titans at 10*

Edit:
I also know for a fact that this alliance has not ever reset their war score nor do they have any plans to do so either.

Edit again:
Not wanting to be argumentative & detract from the point you were making overall, I just am defending this specific group of people because I know that this “war dropping” isn’t what they are trying to do… They are just playing the game at a level where they enjoy it with people they like. Nothing sinister or exploitive in their mindset.

1 Like

Hmm possibly

Alliance description speaks a different tone though…

there is huge difference between war shuffling and cup dropping. war shuffling makes you lose and fill your war chest slower, cup dropping doesnt.

Both are mechanics to allow more experienced players fight weaker players.

It’s the exact same thing at a different scale. One is for the individual and one is for an alliance. Both are aimed at filling a chest faster.

I don’t think either is “cheating” since it is open to all players, but I do think both say something about the person that participated in such activities.

I like beating the best. Not beating up on those smaller than me though.

1 Like

We are currently in the midst of war and our opponent is a newly formed alliance with no Titan history. Just plain war gamers. All their players are very high level and with this matching it has given our alliance a bad gameplay experience as there was no sense of spirit of fair gamesmanship. Please see screen shot. Devs please do something obviously we are very unhappy with this type of unfair gameplay.

Hello everyone,
Our last war was a disaster. The opponent was extremely stronger compared to us. We think that they are doing “war/titan migration” or they are using a clan only for titans and secondary clan only for wars. That way they are keeping war/titan score low in order to get weaker opponent. What do you think about this? Attaching image as a prove to our theory

They may be manipulating war score

Their titan score is irrelevant in the scenario though

Titan score and war score have no connection outside of where they rank on the leaderboard

Matchmaking for wars only uses war score

@evil_bg

1 Like

I’ve removed the image as naming and shaming isn’t permitted. You can reupload it if you can remove the names :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

WAR MATCHUP.

I am with Blizzard Reborn Alliance. We are a growing team and only a few ha 4K teams.

For this weekend war, we are matched with a Korean Team that was newly formed and majority of them have over 4300K with Telluria.

Is this fair?

This feels close to naming and shaming. Even though it is in another language you are still showing the alliance name.

On your question, it’s not really “fair” but it is allowed in and exploitable by the mechanics of the game.

insert shameless plug for my solution: "Fixing" war scoring and matchmaking

I would like to think that the devs are working on a solution, but there are probably too many other things that they are working on.

1 Like

I don’t think it should be under naming and shaming. The war has not started yet and since we have no way of winning this war, we just want to bring it up to the DEV’s attention.

We may as well spend our weekend watching Netflix.

I have one question about this jumping between 2 alliances, if you wait until you have a full chest before jumping to the alternate alliance, won’t the chest of the other alliance be off compared to the winning alliance?

Also won’t having some losses in the other alliance’s war score lower the quality of the loot? The only time I’ve received 4* ascension items from war chest is with 100% participation.

We fought a newly formed alliance with strong players that soundly beat us by a wide margin. Our average team power is around 4000 with the top teams in the 4500s range. This alliance was obviously a lot stronger than ourselves.

My thought/understanding is the team suffers on the chest front, but they would rather win.

I think @Guvnor did an analysis at some point. If I find it I’ll edit in the link

EDIT (found it faster than I thought I would): Loot Assessment - War Shuffle vs. Established Alliance, Which is Better?

According to what Guvnor talked about they fill their war chests faster, but miss out on the better loot from titans.

2 Likes

I looked around and found out that they cycle between more than 2 alliances and that in many cases they start a new alliance altogether. Still a bad choice from what the data shows, better off sticking with the alliance you’re in. Thanks for the link.

1 Like

And of course, we lost our war against the Telluria Team War Shufflers as anticipated.
Scores were 2650 / 7132. This War Shuffling has to be monitored and stopped.

Hello, I’m 빠리바케트, the representative of ‘이멤버리멤버’.

There is a shuffle-related issue in the Empire Puzzle user community in Korea, so I looked for the starting point and found here.

Let me explain.

Before there was a match with Blizzard Reborn,

On April 22, ahead of the war with Korea’s ‘라면천국’ Alliance, we were informed of the obituary of our ally, “라라엘.” It ran as a scoreless war under a bilateral agreement.

After the war, we decided to move all of us to set up a mortuary for the deceased.

I think relationships with people are more important than games. We spent a lot of time together, so I couldn’t let him go.

‘이멤버리멤버! 라라엘포에버!’ is the mortuary of the people of ‘라라엘’

In the Korean community, where communication was easy, I could express my position and understand it later, but I didn’t know how to communicate in a war with a foreign country where communication was difficult.

I don’t know if it’ll be delivered well because it’s translated by the translator

I hope you have a good game life and stay healthy. Bye.

3 Likes