Help me understand (war related/ war shuffle strategy)

New members factored lower in calculating the alliance score.

1 Like

This explains the shuffle war exploit very well. @MysterySpin

For me that is just some childish behavior.

War score exploiting :face_with_monocle:
Some players would sell their grannies for better scores, eh? :wink:

Maybe they have tiny … :pinching_hand: :rofl:

4 Likes

Im going to drop this analysis into this thread cause it’s pretty relevant to those considering it.

The following link is an analysis of the loot gathered in a stable alliance compared to a “shuffle” alliance strategy.

1 Like

How do you win wars with alliances that pack mercs or swingers 1 day before war begin then max exit after victory? Majority of this alliance members were only 1 day joined… Is it legal?

this war date was 02/05/2020

1 Like

Yes. It’s currently a manipulation of the system but not counted as ‘cheating’

1 Like

A good way is to not allow new members to participate in wars until after a week

1 Like

It was an exciting war… owweh… English word for lid is member… 12 left after war…

How would you react? :no_mouth:

1 Like

Probably off merc’ing titans for PoV.

2 Likes

That’s not an answer, it happened again this time with another alliance. If not cheating then what is it! Why should I fund such activity that’s approved by the devs who’s only concern at this point is profit$

Alliance wars 02/12/2020

I looked up your alliance. We are at about the same level as you (within 12k alliance score and 4k war score), and I don’t think we’ve ever seen an opponent do this. It seems a bit crazy that the two of them would be able to maintain a war score high enough to pair with you if those tactics are normal for them.

Here is to hoping you future opponents are more respectful of game play.

What was the outcome of your war?

I’m trying to understand how it affects your war matchup. If those members were included in the match making, then left to go hunt titans and returned in time for the war, I can’t see how it affects the war.

What am I missing here?

1 Like

As I said, it’s currently a way to manipulate the system, it’s not ‘cheating’ according to what SG enforce.

I will mention that I don’t make the rules, or enforce them, I’m simply stating the current facts.

Whether the definition of ‘cheating’’ involves an immoral exploitation of the current systems is certainly up for debate, and I’ve made no comment on the matter personally :slightly_smiling_face:

But I still don’t understand how it’s manipulating the system? They aren’t forming a new alliance, they’ve simply left after match making and presumably returned before the war started.

What advantage did they gain that could affect the outcome of the war?

1 Like

Your assumption is not correct princess.
They hop alliance after chests are filled and emptied. Going to lower or higher alliance to manipulate the war score and find more easy targets.
1 alliance looses them all to make sure score goes down, the other than rakes over and gets the more easy opponents and climb back up.

1 Like

But atm there’s much fluctuation in alliances because of POV/titans. Only thing would be…checking that alliance in the next war. Are the members back or is the alliance filled with new members?

Many of the players in this alliance are 1 day old. Their war score was 4000 points higher than ours. They gloat in their banner messages of clear algorithm manipulation by how they move in and out for wars. Sure, it’s a way to win because they 1 shot with most of their flags. A group of powerful mercs jumping around essentially cheating the system. Sure, a wins a win, right? Well, shallow wins will destroy your gaming community SG. Figure out how to control your coding better please. Mercs will stop this if you limit war participation with too much movement between alliance every 3 days.

[Reminder to not name and shame in Pics.]

1 Like

My alliance just got matched against a ‘super team’ that had joined together, most of them 5 Days before the war, but a couple 4200 power teams, within 24 hours before it started. Is this a new gimmick with the whales?? They pounded us 6000 to 3000, where before we were always closely matched against teams.

this win/loss war score adjustment needs to fugging go! I have been saying this since ever. you should not be punished for doing better! at least with raids and titans, if you are doing better, you get higher tier chests. a war chest is a war chest. period.
I kept hearing excuses that two heroes with same power arent same, but a) in ~30 players times 30 heroes overall that evens out, and b) one lucky board can make you destroy a team of HOTM heroes with your vanilla TC heroes, thus countering that argument.
you cant exploit board luck, but you can certainly exploit war score calculation.

Why do people get so bent out of shape over a mobile phone game?

If it is so critical for players to game the system to gain an edge in opening the AW chest then all I can say is WOW. I regularly get better loot from Mystic Vision than I do from AW.

2 Likes